• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
When Wenger had the ideas and the team he didn't have the money to keep us winning. A successful season was (almost always) followed by a "near-miss" season. It was mostly a league of two.

The squeeze on money to build the stadium coincided with the influx of first oligarch and then TV money giving several clubs the chance to be more competitive. On top of this the ideas stagnated and/or others copied them.

He then did a great job of holding together a team which was quite competitive, even if it didn't win many trophies, with very little money.

By the time the good times were supposed to come back the financial paradigm had changed and the ideas have atrophied into "more of the same" but with less talented teams. The refusal to take into account opponents when you are stronger than 99% of them becomes mere stupid arrogance when over half the teams you play adapt to play you and have players who can do harm if they play well and are disciplined.

The entire team needs an overhaul but it will not happen whislt Kronke is there. It's going to be a long hard season which will have some icing if we win the Europa League. Which I wouldn't put past us. But it's going to be a nasty atmosphere at Ashburton Grove.

Impact

Established Member
Analysing this defeat is almost pointless because our issues are systemic and stem from our management on and off the field. Wenger has to go. And we need a new owner.

Our Premier league campaign is over in August. Record low.

Jae

I think Liverpool managed it by protests, mass walkouts and boycotting matches.

Also they all walked out during a game over the club's decision to increase ticket prices, the club caved in the end and didn't increase them.

Probably worked because LFC actually care about their fans. We pay the highest ticket prices in the league and we get this utter sh*tshow in return.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
More than that, that was a once in a lifetime generation. Spain had won one major honour before those guys and went on to win back to back European Championships and a World Cup. Spain are known for technical football and they failed to master it for 50 years until that group of players came through and even then that group doesn't include thee once in a lifetime player in Messi. That Barcelona team included the best of the best from the best footballing country in the world and the best player in the world.

It would have been like Wenger having his French players, Zidane, Makelele and the original Ronaldo all at their peak in one team. It's insane to keep trying what we try with players that are so inferior, so uncompetitive, so unprepared to stretch themselves to be the best in the world.

Spot on. Let's also mention that as incredible as that Barca side was, (and while they would absolutely have won the league in England) that style of play is much less conducive to English football. Literally every team that has won the league since our Invincibles has played like the Invincibles. They may not have been as talented but they have all played the same style of strong, physical, fast counter attacking football. That is the blueprint for victory in England. We invented it. Instead of embracing it, we run from it.

Mudi

I dislike Coq as much as the next guy but thats reaching. Bellerin was at fault for the third, my mother has better control than that. 4th is Koscielny ballwatching,
No it's not because I also think that Bellerin should have cleared the ball instead of controlling, def. if you're the last man. However, Coquelin doesn't do what he has to do, he is just sleeping as he does many times. The only thing he is good at is just winning the ball but that's it, he has no idea how to play the defensive midfielder role.

And Koscielny couldn't do anything for the 4th goal, he is perfectly positioned as if he went towards the back, Sturridge would have run towards the first post so he did what he had to do and hope that Salah couldn't deliver the cross...

Let me say you this; if that was Walcott, Chamberlain, Welbeck, Bellerin, Monreal, ... making that cross, Koscielny would have got the ball or it would have gone for a goalkick.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. Let's also mention that as incredible as that Barca side was, (and while they would absolutely have won the league in England) that style of play is much less conducive to English football. Literally every team that has won the league since our Invincibles has played like the Invincibles. They may not have been as talented but they have all played the same style of strong, physical, fast counter attacking football. That is the blueprint for victory in England. We invented it. Instead of embracing it, we run from it.
We wanted to reinvent the wheel.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Play 3/4 players who want out, another 3/4 who aren't very good and put Wenger in charge.

You get that.

yeah as pissed I am at Ox and the effort he put in, I 100% blame Wenger for playing him.. Kolasinac at LWB and Bellerin at RWB is also a much more natural pairing too. That decision was worse than benching Lacazette..

Eri

This was exactly what I was pointing out to and was afraid after the last game.

We can blame the players for alot of things but the main blame lies with Wenger.

Completely wrong on the tactics to begin with. Sees it's not working, waits till we are 2-0 down and after half time before he switches.
He has completly lost it. Even Crystal Palace gave a better account of themselves than us today. No shots on goal all game.

Goes and plays to Liverpools strength and then blames the perfomance. Keeps playing ppl in the wrong possitions still, puts players on the pitch just to keep them happy even at the expenense of imbalancing the team.
Nearly every goal we have conceeded so far has been on counter attack.
He must be the only person to be sattisfied with our current personel.

Wenger asks everyone to pull together but unless he shows more flexibility and starts showing more respect to the opposition I will find it hard to have any emotional connection with this team.

The only thing this team and our manager have been doing consistently so far is not failing to disappoint.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No it's not because I also think that Bellerin should have cleared the ball instead of controlling, def. if you're the last man. However, Coquelin doesn't do what he has to do, he is just sleeping as he does many times. The only thing he is good at is just winning the ball but that's it, he has no idea how to play the defensive midfielder role.

And Koscielny couldn't do anything for the 4th goal, he is perfectly positioned as if he went towards the back, Sturridge would have run towards the first post so he did what he had to do and hope that Salah couldn't deliver the cross...

Let me say you this; if that was Walcott, Chamberlain, Welbeck, Bellerin, Monreal, ... making that cross, Koscielny would have got the ball or it would have gone for a goalkick.
It was a good cross. But Koscielny lost his man. I don't even blame him, he had two guys and lots of space to defend. It was a shambles.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
My therapist says subconsciously I want to punish myself. Its why I support Arsenal as well.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom