• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
But I've seen a lot of highlight footage of him on the ball. Decent hold up play and can beat a player by knocking the ball past them and running on to it. That ability is there. I know his off the ball movement and finishing is amazing but you need forwards that can do more than that.
147472-Theo-Walcott-Jugando-A-Ping-pong.gif

karquosa

Aubameyangfor the fees being quoted is not good money. He's 29 years old has 2.5 years max performing st his current level and his wages are astronomical. I understand where the idea comes from that the money being quoted in the papers isn't our money and thus the spending of said money will be of little consequence to Arsenal fans as long as it's spent comes from--but this is only partially correct. The opportunity costs for buying someone like Aubameyang, especially in January, are huge. Buying him means that we will not be able to afford somebody else in the upcoming summer (when more top players are acailsble). My point is that maybe that money can be better spent elsewhere. AFC is a billion dollar business and I'm sure Gazidis and co have crunched all the numbers figured out what he is worth TO ARSENAL and Dortmund have done their own calculations on what he is worth to them. If the numbers are too far apart caving in would be literally bad business, which all of you bemoan Arsenal doing on a daily basis. With that being said I think we still need reinforcements/need to be taking advantage of when players of his caliber hit the market.

Also something important to consider: Dortmund are in the Europa league. If we happen to play them further along in the competition wouldn't you rather us play a Dortmund team with its talisman unsettled, and the other players, fans and staff angry and frustrated at him, probably impacting his performance negatively in some way? So even if we don't sign him, a distracted and heavily criticized Aubameyang stuck on that dortmund team is still good for us. Dortmund are bigger losers than we are if this doesn't work out.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Its true, Wenger is as guilty as any of our purchase team in Dortmund. If he wanted to remove himself from that he could stop signing new contracts but regardless of who we buy and sell, he still puts pen to paper regardless.
I know what he's up to. This transparent charade of him being the one with all the good intentions, fighting against the evil empire to keep the club in the top 4. He's been trying to create that portrayal for ages now and it's obviously worked to an extent. Kroenke is no mug, he knows what he's up to. He's a double agent.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The booing is good for us, both Dortmund and Auba will want this deal to go through even more now. Playing him has backfired a little.

Yeh but if the deal falls through all it takes is a goal and a kiss of the badge and all will be forgotten. Fans are fickle. We need to pay up, not assume they will sell him regardless.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I was thinking of Walcott too. But I think Aubameyang's ability on the ball is much better than Walcott's. That's why I want to see the ball at his feet more. Hasn't been given much of that chance. It's like Dortmund are playing away from him.

To be fair, he's far better all round footballer than Theo. As fast as he is, it's very rare to see him over hit or over run the ball unlike Theo.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Reason why I was banging the drum over the summer for him. First time I've really seen him play at this level and he's seriously got the Sanchezes about him. Has a long way to go though.

Sanchez was not as composed or skillful at 18. Sancho will be a world class player, and whoever adviced him to leave City at such an early age is someone who has his best interest at heart.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To me Aubameyang isn't very bothered today. Awkward to watch this game. You can feel that fans are fed up.

Dortmund are shambles so far.
Im not watching the game but it seem the fans are turning against him and it was really bad idea from Dortmund to start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom