• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not sure what reflects worse on Gazidis, the Vardy farce from 2016 or this if it doesn't happen.

They'll pay up on deadline day, they have to.

What I do wonder AG , it's all very well haggling a Club down but at some point down the track you might want to buy another of their players . Why not generate a bit of good will instead ?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
i still don't understand what was the point of agreeing personal terms with the player give him 10M a year contract but can't pay 65M euros? are our club run by really stupid people?
With all respect our club is being run by people who want to make money it's painful to see as a fan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
[

How is he an accomplice? You really believe all the negative press about Wenger? Are you that gullible? BTW: did you know gullible is not in the dictionary?
He's an accomplice because he acts like Arsenal is his baby, yet he's letting strange men in pubs look after it for a few quid.

IslingtonBornandbred

With all respect our club is being run by people who want to make money it's painful to see as a fan.

Yep. From owner, to board, to Gazidis, to Wenger. The lot of them. They care about themselves and their own gains.

Telling us the board and Gazidis are letting Wenger down by not getting deals over the line whilst Wenger's completely complicit signing new contracts worth 10 million a year, telling the fans Alexis and Özil will stay and could sign new contracts whilst the goal is to win the league. He's either complicit or a coward.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Don't get Aubameyang and I worry if Özil will actually re-sign. Don't think he will.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What I do wonder AG , it's all very well haggling a Club down but at some point down the track you might want to buy another of their players . Why not generate a bit of good will instead ?
It's not just with Dortmund, I wonder if other clubs look at Arsenal and think it's useless to enter discussions with a club who don't negotiate in good faith. They could unsettle a player by making a bid, then not follow up leaving the player and club in limbo. Yohan Cabaye in 2013 is a good example, we made one random bid before giving up and then left Newcastle to pick up the pieces.

Haggling is one thing but when you reportedly only increase bids by small increments when you know it's still far from the asking price, it gives off the impression you're not a serious arbiter.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yep. From owner, to board, to Gazidis, to Wenger. The lot of them. They care about themselves and their own gains.

Telling us the board and Gazidis are letting Wenger down by not getting deals over the line whilst Wenger's completely complicit signing new contracts worth 10 million a year, telling the fans Alexis and Özil will stay and could sign new contracts whilst the goal is to win the league. He's either complicit or a coward.
It's just the ex-pro Wenger lot thinking they found something that exonerates him. It doesn't. This nails him to the floor. He obviously wanted the player. He stays silent when it suits him. I detested him for that reason before this and said as much earlier in the thread.

al-Ustaadh

Stop worrying.

These 2 things are not linked. It comes always down to the money offered at this stage of their career.
Nah. In this case it's about showing ambition. Need to sign good players. Özil doesn't want to play with trash.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Nah. In this case it's about showing ambition. Need to sign good players. Özil doesn't want to play with trash.
Naive

Thats an excuse. We will make CL again...that's the ambition right now.

Interesting to see what offers he is getting from the big teams.

At Arsenal. He is the top dog. Maybe he finds comfort in that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He has to turn his attentions now to a CB or winger or his position is more untenable than it was before, if that was possible. Swapping Alexis for Mikhi and nothing else? Wow. Two streaky wins against Palace and Chelsea and we're fine? We're still ****ing sh!t.

al-Ustaadh

Naive

Thats an excuse. We will make CL again...that's the ambition right now.

Interesting to see what offers he is getting from the big teams.

At Arsenal. He is the top dog. Maybe he finds comfort in that.
If he were to re-sign, he would've done it by now. I think he likes London and the fact he's bought a house is telling that he wants to stay. But he wants to win as well. And that's not going to happen with the dross that surrounds him in most matches. In order to make the CL, we need better players. We're a 5th-6th place team right now.

Steps

A-M right now

51GaJWU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom