• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: CSKA Moscow (1) v Arsenal (4) | April 12, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I said nothing about drugs. I said and I maintain the result is the only thing that matters in the long term and we've got one tonight and Elneny was instrumental in that so that makes it a good game for him within the general mediocrity of our play.

You liked the comment dont even try this mate.

Elneny failed badly in midfield. If he didn't fail there would be no need for the assists. His job was to be the defensive midfielder in our set up and that is where I rate him.

Preacher

Always Crying
Look, for me the individual is irrelevant. It's the team that counts. We've got through and I'm not that bothered who does what. Arsenal were poor tonight for a long time and one of the outcomes of that poorness was that Lacazette was substituted. Doesn't mean anything.
I'm looking to a bigger picture. If we want to have a chance to win EL, we need to have Lacazette fit and firing.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Because I'm not doing drugs now.

Elneny was one of worst player in the first half. Constantly letting Russians over run the midfield, failing to close down the crosser for first goal, not able to track back or keep up with Russians runs because he is slow and weak.

Second half was no different. 2 good assists but if he did his job in first place no need for them. Failed badly and I'm not gonna give him extra points for assists.
Who do you think were our good players in the first half?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to think that if he had said nigga, there would've been a bigger reaction from Welbeck. If he did though, that's foul.
Not its an everyday thing between two friends. I dont use it but not exactly out of the norm.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol: Is this some auto complete on your phone?
:lol:

Was half way through a post when I saw Mo's, 'Are you Bolivian?'

Was going to say . . Wenger luck to lose Mkhi and Xhaka, but Wenger skill to change the formation at a crucial moment. It changed the game.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'd like to think that if he had said nigga, there would've been a bigger reaction from Welbeck. If he did though, that's foul.
If anyone was going to say that I would've thought it'd be Bellerin

Who do you think were our good players in the first half?

No one really. We were **** for most of the game. Ramsey was our best midfielder and only one driving forward and trying to create danger. At time he was further forward than Lazycette and even if so he was quicker than Elneny and Wilshere back. I give him credit for that but there was no stand out player in this game. Specially first half.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'm looking to a bigger picture. If we want to have a chance to win EL, we need to have Lacazette fit and firing.
Sure. But sometimes tactics has to take precedence over strategy. There was one move where a decent attacking opportunity was lost due to Laca's lethargic move up front. Maybe he was tired, but he needs to be hungrier. And if he was tired, as I suspect, it justifies the substitution you object to.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No one really. We were **** for most of the game. Ramsey was our best midfielder and only one driving forward and trying to create danger. At time he was further forward than Lazycette and even if so he was quicker than Elneny and Wilshere back. I give him credit for that but there was no stand out player in this game. Specially first half.
Quite. So no need to single out Elneny. At least he did something to reverse the situation.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
This achievement shouldn't be overlooked, we very rarely get this far in any European competition, we have honestly very little European pedigree. It's time to change that.

Spot on. Especially if you consider the bias. If Sevilla or Ajax or whoever do great in the Europa League, everyone creams themselves over them. If Arsenal do it, it's just meh. I know there's different levels of expectations involved going by where fans expect Arsenal to be, but it's an international competition with decent teams involved. Getting to the finals or even winning it would be huge platform to push on next season - if through off field business Arsenal actually try to push on.

Edit: Great example I just read: "Marseille are such a great team blabla." They're 4th in Ligue 1. They had to beat RB Leipzig who have been ****e this season on a 1-0 disadvantage at home. But they're so so good and Arsenal so so bad. Like I said, it's about different expectations, but right now...come on.

This game tonight has been subpar, but Arsenal just lost Mkhitaryan who has in no time become a decent part of the team. Xhaka is a starter, he hasn't played tonight. The weird line up. Wilshere with an abysmal game. Etc. A bit of contextual and contemplative judgement would be nice.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You liked the comment dont even try this mate.

Elneny failed badly in midfield. If he didn't fail there would be no need for the assists. His job was to be the defensive midfielder in our set up and that is where I rate him.
Mate. Chill out and learn to celebrate when we get a result. Works for me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surely there were 3 stand out players in that game. Ramsey and Welbeck to make two clinical finishes and Elneny to supply them both with precision passes. The rest was meh.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We really are a terrible team btw. Our football is shocking for the most part, look at my phone more than the screen which says it all.
I really want us to be a proper attacking team again. Makes me so sad.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Spot on. Especially if you consider the bias. If Sevilla or Ajax or whoever do great in the Europa League, everyone creams themselves over them. If Arsenal do it, it's just meh. I know there's different levels of expectations involved going by where fans expect Arsenal to be, but it's an international competition with decent teams involved. Getting to the finals or even winning it would be huge platform to push on next season - if through off field business Arsenal actually try to push on.
Arsenal are the richest team in the competition, the semifinals should be the bare minimum for us tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom