• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

MealyRaggedAss-size_restricted.gif

@Juan Matas Beard

giphy.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need to shift players on now before buying.

Leno, Cech, Ospina
Lichsteiner, Bellerin
Sokratis, Chambers, Holding
Mustafi, Koscielny
Monreal, Kolasianc
Xhaka, Torreira
Ramsey, Elneny
Lucas Perez, Mikky
Özil, Iwobi
Joel Campbell, Welbeck
Aubameyang, Lacazette

18 foreign players on the books, we need to get rid of two now before we can sign another unless they're under 21 years of age. Realistically the most we can hope for is one keeper, Perez and Joel leaving and 2 more coming in.

Lichsteiner, Leno, Torreira and Sokratis is cracking business for the first month of the window. After the world cup there will be a lot more movement. It was inevitably going to go quiet during the world cup.

Alkane

Hopefully we shift Ospina, Joel and Perez as well as loan out Holding.

If we add an out-and-out winger as well as a CM (like Banega) to that above squad list I think we will be set. Given our circumstances that would represent a great window and positive start towards getting back into the top 4.

My gut says we won't pursue another CB until next summer, especially with Chamber's extension basically demonstrating that he's viewed as a key player here. IMO we'll give Mustafi a season under Emery to see if he can transform him into a competent defender. By then if he's not up to it he'll be binned, Koscielny might be done by then too. Would rather that and then get a young CB as a marquee signing next year than yet another stop gap now.

Song Billong

Ideally we bounce El Neny, Perez, Ospina/Cech and Campbell first. I think Welbeck is a decent squad option but I wouldn't be averse to selling him either.

Arsenio Venger

Leno, Cech, Ospina
Lichsteiner, Bellerin
Mustafi, Koscielny
Monreal, Kolasianc
Xhaka, Torreira
Ramsey, Elneny
Lucas Perez, Mikky
Özil, Iwobi
Joel Campbell, Welbeck
Aubameyang, Lacazette

18 foreign players on the books, we need to get rid of two now before we can sign another unless they're under 21 years of age. Realistically the most we can hope for is one keeper, Perez and Joel leaving and 2 more coming in.

Lichsteiner, Leno, Torreira and Sokratis is cracking business for the first month of the window. After the world cup there will be a lot more movement. It was inevitably going to go quiet during the world cup.

Yep, it’s been for mostly everyone

benjamin86

Established Member
We haven't had a proper link to a player since the WC started. Torreira, Sokratis, and Leno were done and dusted before the tournament started pretty much. The RB who's name I can't spell was done even before that. Way too much paper talk right now. I don't like it.

Leno, Cech, Ospina
Lichsteiner, Bellerin
Mustafi, Koscielny
Monreal, Kolasianc
Xhaka, Torreira
Ramsey, Elneny
Lucas Perez, Mikky
Özil, Iwobi
Joel Campbell, Welbeck
Aubameyang, Lacazette

New manager so will want to evaluate the squad before deciding on more ins and outs. (preseason starts next week)

6gunner

Ooooh. I don't believe it. One. because I don't think Bayern would sell. Two, because we don't need him.

We need to sell Iwobi and Elnenny and buy a proper winger. Cuadrado would be fab.
Not Bayern’s player to sell. His sellability would depend on loan structure that Real and Bayern have.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Jeeez, never seen this place so calm.

No cup or lack of rumors ever meant the forum not finding anything to talk about.
Awkward silence, actually :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jeeez, never seen this place so calm.

No cup or lack of rumors ever meant the forum not finding anything to talk about.
Awkward silence, actually :lol:
well not only us tho most top clubs are not that active i think also we done 75% of our deals Torreira all but done Leno Sokratis Lich all signed. so only left few sales and maybe 1-2 tow good player in.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
well not only us tho most top clubs are not that active i think also we done 75% of our deals Torreira all but done Leno Sokratis Lich all signed. so only left few sales and maybe 1-2 tow good player in.

Yeah I know, that's not what I meant.
I said we usually always find something to talk about, but this time it's just quiet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom