• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I like Jack a lot but his time was up. He wasn't being realistic about the current state of his career. He's a squad player at best because you never know when he'll get his next multi-month recovery injury. He's a risk. Also, after a good return, he completely fizzled out the past month or two last season. Maybe a league with lesser comp will keep him healthy. I wish him well.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Why can't it be for football reasons though. We asll constantly say how much harsher the english league is. Foreign players say this all the time. Why is it so difficult to believe that a player (whose career has been riddle with injuries) wants to experience football in a new league?
Because then you go to an actual good league with a slower tempo, for example, the Italian or Spanish league.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Why can't it be for football reasons though. We asll constantly say how much harsher the english league is. Foreign players say this all the time. Why is it so difficult to believe that a player (whose career has been riddle with injuries) wants to experience football in a new league?
Because this is the equivalent of moving to the MLS. The foreign players that go to Turkey are either over the hill or close to it like RVP and Pepe or players that nobody wants like Podolski or Gervinho.

I have no problem with English players going abroad. In fact, I believe more should. But Wilshere is 26 and he's moving to a **** league. He's been linked with teams in Italy, surely that'd at least keep him in the frame for a bigger move. Seems to me, he's written himself off at the top level.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In respect to his club future not international.

Under Southgate he is done. Just got to wait him out.
The trouble is that Southgate is a young manager. Even if he fails at this WC,England have played well and the squad has the excuse of inexperience yo buy him/players more time. He might never play for England again.

ksarp

So where are the “ host of clubs “ clamoring for his signature in the EPL? Like I stated earlier, he’ll probably be out of football in a couple of years.

Wenger has fostered an environment of entitlement with these youth to senior team players. The next one to fall off the block is Iwobi. He has all the signs..

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Wilshere was very promising at 16. I always thought he’d develop into a great player, a technical player that play with their brain, like Fabregas or Xavi.

But after his loan to Bolton, I kind of knew his career was over. He admired the English game a lot, and opt to develop the non-technical way (the gerrard/lampard way).

You could clearly see the change in his style of play before and after the loan. And that had ruined his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If think he's listening to advice if he ends up at a great club like Fenerbahce. He'll tear it up over there and become a prime target again. He'll get a nice tan as well. Still think it was a huge error not taking a player who was going to be as motivated as Jack would have been, to Russia. A grave error.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wilshere was very promising at 16. I always thought he’d develop into a great player, a technical player that play with their brain, like Fabregas or Xavi.
But after his loan to Bolton, I kind of knew his career was over. He admired the English game a lot, and opt to develop the non-technical gerrard/lampard way.
Or did we just go away from the technical players?

One of the things that stuck out to me in his final run here was no Cesc, Santi, Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky etc type to play off.

Guess we will see at Fenerbahce as they have a couple in midfield.

TheArsenalis

Because this is the equivalent of moving to the MLS. The foreign players that go to Turkey are either over the hill or close to it like RVP and Pepe or players that nobody wants like Podolski or Gervinho.

I have no problem with English players going abroad. In fact, I believe more should. But Wilshere is 26 and he's moving to a **** league. He's been linked with teams in Italy, surely that'd at least keep him in the frame for a bigger move. Seems to me, he's written himself off at the top level.
Paulinho left Sp**s a flop moved to china then end at Barca. A move could revive his career.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The trouble is that Southgate is a young manager. Even if he fails at this WC,England have played well and the squad has the excuse of inexperience yo buy him/players more time. He might never play for England again.
We haven’t really done ‘well’ though. We were never that convincing in qualifying, our friendly performances were again unconvincing in the lead up, and all we’ve done in Russia is scrape past Tunisia, thrash Panama and look a whole level below Belgium. The question the FA would have to ask themselves is: Does Southgate get these players performing above themselves individually and as a team, and the answer to that is a massive NO.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

But after his loan to Bolton, I kind of knew his career was over. He admired the English game a lot, and opt to develop the non-technical way (the gerrard/lampard way).

You could clearly see the change in his style of play before and after the loan. And that had ruined his career.

I always thought this too. I thought Wilshere could be the English Xavi with dictating the game and being a midfield maestro. Unfortunately, seems like he wanted to be like Gerrard rampaging everywhere and he just didn't have the size, robustness and stamina for it.

The British core really failed at the end of the day, probably even worse than the project youth years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom