• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Playing under Phillip Cocu & in a midfield alongside the likes of Valbuena + Giuliano looks great football wise.

Always sceptical with Turkish club rumours though.

It’s a dead end. Big players go there to make good money with little tax before retirement

It’s not where someone goes to rebuild their reputation and to get a spot in the National Team. Jack clearly wasn’t getting the financial package he wanted from PL clubs if this news is true. All it would show is how far he has fallen.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It’s a dead end. Big players go there to make good money with little tax before retirement

It’s not where someone goes to rebuild their reputation and to get a spot in the National Team. Jack clearly wasn’t getting the financial package he wanted from PL clubs if this news is true. All it would show is how far he has fallen.

I think he has time to rebuild at 26 & get another big move if it goes well similar to Paulinho.

The tax side is great but also playing in a good midfield suited to his style & on either a Champions League / Europa League stage each season.

It really ticks all the boxes. Excited to see what he makes of it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

This is what puzzles me. He said he would've stayed here on less money but had to do the best thing for his career and move to get more playing time. To me that would suggest he's thinking about wanting to get back in the England squad. He has no chance with this move.

Stannis

I think he has time to rebuild at 26 & get another big move if it goes well similar to Paulinho.

The tax side is great but also playing in a good midfield suited to his style & on either a Champions League / Europa League stage each season.

It really ticks all the boxes. Excited to see what he makes of it.
False comparison

Brazilian national team players are selected from leagues across the world. English players aren’t. Even if jack does well, no one that matters will take it seriously. He will have better chance getting selected for England by playing for Shrewsbury. For the record I’m not saying that’s right, it’s just the reality

This will be purely for the money if it happens and that’s fair enough if Jack was honest about it, rather then try to garner sympathy by saying he left purely for football reasons

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I don't see the point in blaming Jack though, he has no chance of resurrecting his career here either, and he's getting paid more there, so it makes total sense from every perspective.

That said, anyone trying to paint this move as positive is being positively delusional, I seriously doubt Wilshere's moving to play under Cocu and with Valbuena. He should move to La Liga or Serie A, even if it's a poor team that's taking him for his career. One good season and he'll be at Juventus in Serie A

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
False comparison

Brazilian national team players are selected from leagues across the world. English players aren’t. Even if jack does well, no one that matters will take it seriously. He will have better chance getting selected for England by playing for Shrewsbury. For the record I’m not saying that’s right, it’s just the reality

This will be purely for the money if it happens and that’s fair enough if Jack was honest about it, rather then try to garner sympathy by saying he left purely for football reasons

People fell hook, line and sinker for the "I would've stayed for less money line". As i said at the time of the statement, he held off for over 6 months on signing the deal at a time when he was being played regularly. The only reason he did that was because he was offered less guaranteed money.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
So he will never get an England game again surely.

Crazy, he is only 26 and choosing Turkey. Of course Fenerbahce has a huge fan base, but football on this level for some years?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
False comparison

In respect to his club future not international.

Under Southgate he is done. Just got to wait him out.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the fact he wouldn't accept a one year contract from West Ham suggests he has no faith in his own ability to stay fit

but I'm surprised and disappointed he is willing to uproot his family for Turkey, leaving behind his two oldest kids

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
the fact he wouldn't accept a one year contract from West Ham suggests he has no faith in his own ability to stay fit

but I'm surprised and disappointed he is willing to uproot his family for Turkey, leaving behind his two oldest kids
Jack wants to win titles. I can totally understand his decision. Maybe with his injuries he is looking to a new league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was never getting selected under Southgate anyway. Surprised he turned down Palace and Hodgson though, seemed like the ideal move for him.

Wouldn't blame him turning down West Ham's one year deal, fitness has been proven to deserve more than that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wow, the Turkish League, what a title to win.

Can't wait for Özil to go join The New Saints to go and win the Welsh title.
WTF has Özil got to do with this? What an absolutely ridiculous comment. Talk about selective reading as well...

Jack has taken a beating in the premier league and it is clear he values the time he has left on the pitch more than anything else. If a couple of years in the Turkish league accomplishes that with a trophy we may see him move to Italy or even back here.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Imagine leaving your boyhood club where you have spent 16(?) years which is going into a new era because the new manager didn't promise you the castle and the princess. :lol:

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
False comparison

Why can't it be for football reasons though. We asll constantly say how much harsher the english league is. Foreign players say this all the time. Why is it so difficult to believe that a player (whose career has been riddle with injuries) wants to experience football in a new league?

Stannis

Why can't it be for football reasons though. We asll constantly say how much harsher the english league is. Foreign players say this all the time. Why is it so difficult to believe that a player (whose career has been riddle with injuries) wants to experience football in a new league?

Playing for England, he clearly isn’t over that and it’s part of the reason he wants regular football.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Why can't it be for football reasons though. We asll constantly say how much harsher the english league is. Foreign players say this all the time. Why is it so difficult to believe that a player wants to experience football in a new league?
That's what Carrasco said before joining the Chinese Super League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom