• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
I don't mind Mkhi, we do need an upgrade but at least Mkhi actually makes things happen and we seem to create a lot more with him on the pitch than we did with Iwobi. Him and Auba both misses easy chances though.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Well that one really weird match. A very frustrating and disjointed display from us.
Auba has to score that damn tap-in, while Douzy reminded me of Denilson. Hardly anything worth in terms of passing.

Damn this feels like a loss.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We might've still lost or drawn some other fixture though, there are countless difficult games in the PL this season. No guarantee we go into matchday 3 with 6 points, it's far fetched to take that for granted.
It is common sense that you would rather start the season against lesser opposition than title contenders mate, especially when you just got a new manager. You build up, they get to know each other better, and then you get tested at the highest level. We had to play the hardest games, almost handicaped. It makes a difference.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Well that one really weird match. A very frustrating and disjointed display from us.
Auba has to score that damn tap-in, while Douzy reminded me of Denilson. Hardly anything worth in terms of passing.

Damn this feels like a loss.
In the overall context, the result's fine. Had lumps kicked out of us and 2 hard games in three days. We'll be above Chelsea come the weekend too so all good.

Vantastico

It was a ****show, first of all.

Positives:
Auba had a couple strikes that if De Gea wasn't keeping would have found the back of the net.

Laca had me me burst out in laughter twice. The first was when he scored (droit divine) and Bailly full-body tripped on his head. The second was when he took the ball out of De Gea's hands with his head, and scored, and in all seriousness tried to celebrate.

Negatives:
Martial scored on his birthday, and mine.

3 injuries. I literally had a bad feeling Holding would get injured prior to the start of the match. I hope he's okay.

Kolasinac is complete garbage. I still don't like Mustafi. Liechtsteiner sucks. Bellerin ain't good either. Wtf was Iwobi even doing today? /rant

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can’t wait for fecking VAR though, dives, offside and disgracefull moments game after game now (Fellaini pulling Guendouzi’s hair?).

I think after last two games we are definitely battling for top4 spot. It will be extremely difficult and we might miss out by some fine margin but we are battling!

Another point is at this stage I would just look to get rid of Mustafi, Seo, Elneny and Mikki. They all have their fine moments and are even solid players most of the times, but there are mistakes or just moments where they are not good enough for what we are trying to achieve here.

blaze_of_glory

It was a ****show, first of all.

Positives:
Auba had a couple strikes that if De Gea wasn't keeping would have found the back of the net.

Laca had me me burst out in laughter twice. The first was when he scored (droit divine) and Bailly full-body tripped on his head. The second was when he took the ball out of De Gea's hands with his head, and scored, and in all seriousness tried to celebrate.

Negatives:
Martial scored on his birthday, and mine.

3 injuries. I literally had a feeling Holding would get injured prior to the start of the match. I hope he's okay.

Kolasinac is complete garbage. I still don't like Mustafi. Liechtsteiner sucks. Bellerin ain't good either. Wtf was Iwobi even doing today? /rant
Happy Birthday

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'm losing patience with Iwobi. I just feel he has a lack of quality and he plays like someone who's surprised to be starting for Arsenal. I'd consider starting Smith Rowe over him. We really need to sign a winger.
Should be dropped right now

baccy_man

Established Member
Not a good time for us to be picking up injuries with the amount of games we have got coming up in the next couple of weeks,
Hopefully the injuries are not too serious,
I can't believe how Fellani got away with pulling doozy's hair and then the utd fans are booing doozy,
We still need to do a lot of work on our defending letting a goal in straight after the restart is criminal,
At least our unbeaten run is still going.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Two points dropped. We could have been up to 3rd instead we're down to 5th.

Usual litany of referees errors, silly mistakes (neither of their goals should have gone in) and bad luck - losing two players in the first half destroyed the possibility of tactical substitutions. Being disappointed at drawing there is more a reflection of how bad they are than how good we are.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought both Mustafi and Torreira were going off injured at one point.

They banged us up good and proper. Which was probably the miserable one’s tactics. Only 13 fouls recorded shows how poor Mariner was.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never thought I’d say this, but we missed Xhaka. Tough match for Doozy to start in, had some good moments, but was shaky as well (although he did grow into the match). Ramsey going off hurt us a lot I felt.

Nonsense. Xhaka is one of the players who struggles the most under pressure. Man U played with an absurd intensity today.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Monreal Koscielny, AMN could all be used. Xhaka back from suspension. It's not as bad as it could have been. Shame about Holding though. He had really hit form.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I think after last two games we are definitely battling for top4 spot. It will be extremely difficult and we might miss out by some fine margin but we are battling!

Another point is at this stage I would just look to get rid of Mustafi, Seo, Elneny and Mikki. They all have their fine moments and are even solid players most of the times, but there are mistakes or just moments where they are not good enough for what we are trying to achieve here.
Kola is ok as a back up left back so let Monreal go back to Spain and sign a first choice left back. The other three can **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom