• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Burnley | December 22nd | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's also the first to back up any of our lads as soon as any opposition player starts mouthing off, along with Sokratis, he adds some steal into the team.
That is something I like about him too. Not a guy you necessarily want to pick a fight with. Like that we are standing up more to other teams. Under Wenger we to often just let the other team treat us like s**t without hitting back. Still think we are too soft in places, but we are having more steel this season for sure!

ptrcopp

I would simply ignore him. His team was very lucky to be 11 men on the pitch at the end. Just frustrated that his negative tactics didn't work. Let him stew in his own negativity. They will be relegated sooner rather than later and then he can be home in the Championship where he belongs!

I am more critical of the journos than him. I would just like to see criticism of the ‘tactics’ and the bs he comes out with

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The goal was disappointing, had plenty of chances to clear the ball and they had the rub of two rebounds. However, there was a moment when for like 15/20 minutes we seemed to be inviting them on.

At one point we passed the ball back to the keeper all the way from a corner!!!

Reactions: A_G

Malky

Established Member
That is something I like about him too. Not a guy you necessarily want to pick a fight with. Like that we are standing up more to other teams. Under Wenger we to often just let the other team treat us like s**t without hitting back. Still think we are too soft in places, but we are having more steel this season for sure!
One of the biggest changes to the club under Emery is the players mentality, seasons past we would of crumbled when Burnley started getting more physical then got a goal back, last season, for example, I've no doubt we would of dropped points.
Now we're showing some passion, grit and fight. We're not the " soft center " Arsenal we've been labeled over the past few years and guys like Kola are reason for that.
But still, **** Burnley for the negative football and **** Dyche for being a total prick. The Championship awaits you lot.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Emery has to find a way to make it work with both of them in the team, at least for this season until he can get a winger in during the summer window. Otherwise there's too much pressure on Auba to get all the goals, as we saw on Wednesday night.

Under Wenger at the end of last season nobody on here thought they couldn't play together, Unai needs to adapt.

I don't think this current situation can continue indefinitely. We all love having Lacazette and Aubameyang but those two are in the prime of their careers and will want to play every week. We're either going to have to play two up top or put one of them out wide. I can't see either being happy sitting on the bench every 2 out of 3 games.

Real Madrid, the biggest team in the world had to choose between Higuain and Benzema because even they found it next to impossible to keep two top class strikers of similar age in the same squad.

The only time I've seen it "work" was with Rooney-Ronaldo and Tevez. But Ronaldo wasn't a striker and the other two were willing and able to play in any position Ferguson told them to.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Dyche on diving
Ashley Barnes got booked when their player throws an elbow. No dives, no-one seems to want to do something about diving.

We’re talking about blatant diving.

Dyche on Barnes stamping on Guendouzi
If he did, I haven’t seen it. I mean that.

Dyche calls for action
No-one wants to do anything about diving in the game apart from me

Dyche on the defeat
Two out of three goals are soft, but we delivered a performance.

We could have got something. We didn't get a lot of decisions.

He's still going
Diving’s not for me but gamesmanship is different. What I don’t like is when you’re touched on the arm and your feet go from beneath you. I thought it was incredibly bad at the World Cup.

On what Emery said to him at full-time
You were questioning the referee. I said yes I was.
He's delusional :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
One of the biggest changes to the club under Emery is the players mentality, seasons past we would of crumbled when Burnley started getting more physical then got a goal back, last season, for example, I've no doubt we would of dropped points..

No way, even how **** we were last season we dominated the smaller teams at home.. We only lost 2(city and Manu after dominating them the whole game) and drew 2(Liverpool after a Cech mistake and Chelsea). We easily dealt with the smaller teams at home, that's something we need to improve this season. I'm not expecting similar home form because that's title winning stuff, but we're making it way too difficult against teams we should comfortably beat.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't think this current situation can continue indefinitely. We all love having Lacazette and Aubameyang but those two are in the prime of their careers and will want to play every week. We're either going to have to play two up top or put one of them out wide. I can't see either being happy sitting on the bench every 2 out of 3 games.
I might be in the minority but I don't see why Auba can't play LW in games like this. He's scored plenty playing there in his time at the club already, even had one of his more eye catching performances there against Leicester in October.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
No way, even how **** we were last season we dominated the smaller teams at home.. We only lost 2(city and Manu after dominating them the whole game) and drew 2(Liverpool after a Cech mistake and Chelsea). We easily dealt with the smaller teams at home, that's something we need to improve this season. I'm not expecting similar home form because that's title winning stuff, but we're making it way too difficult against teams we should comfortably beat.

Leave it mate, every time something positive happens at least five Arsenal fans will pop up with a "This would have never happened under Wenger" type comment. Ya know, despite it happening numerous times.

You can't praise Emery or this current team without taking a swipe at Wenger apparently

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Literally no one between Emery, Lacazette or Aubameyang have said anything about their "situation". We are scoring goals, both of them are playing well. What exactly is the problem?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why is nobody outraged about Laca’s angry reaction to the sub? When Mesut did the same people wanted him deported to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom