• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham vs Arsenal | January 12th | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction for the Dokaka Derby

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The reality of exactly how far Wenger took us back is now starting to hit home for some, after Unai almost fooled everyone with that long unbeaten streak. Sadly, he's not wizard. He's just a football manager.
A bit harsh. though he dragged on for too long..

he should've retired after our last FA cup win.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's been some time since I saw a Hammers manager beaming after a game against us. So, I care.
Yeah, 3 years ago. That's a real long time:rolleyes: And why would watch his interview, what's the point? To listen to generic pointless statements or were you waiting for Mark Noble to give his usual bollocks?

Ffs.

Impact

Established Member
Quality in the squad is at its lowest since the season Wenger joined. Emery has been uninspiring recently but there isn't much quality to work with.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He is trying to compensate for poor defenders, you’re absolutely right. Notice he took Mustafi off straight away. Even Rice outjumped him and should have scored.

Yep I definitely think he's trying to compensate for the defence. He even mentioned at times during our unbeaten run that the defence wasn't doing well enough.

I sympathise with that, and I've noticed we don't commit players as high as we did earlier in the season.

It does point to the fact that Emery simply doesn't trust the players to play the extremely high line, but the halfway house we're stuck in is not beneficial to anybody.

At this point Emery needs to make a decision...continue how we are or just commit to attacking; concede goals but outscore the opponent and concentrate on a good defensive signing in the summer, I think Sokratis, Holding and potentially Mavrapanos are all decent partners and one excellent defender could make the difference in our play.

Leeroy1979

I’m giving flak to Emery today and rightly so, it’s on him. In general I’m also unimpressed at how little effect he’s had on our defence and how our style of play can basically be boiled down to fullbacks.

But overall I still think he’s a good coach, even if not the very best. The squad is flawed, so very flawed. Who could we have got that would’ve done better? Arteta? Nope. Vieira? Nope. Enrique? Maybe. I don’t think you can say there was a plethora of available candidates willing to join who’d be better.

There are things I don’t like about Emery, but for now you’ve just got to be patient and give him 2 more transfer windows to get it right.

What’s clear though is that right now it is not right. I’m glad the two suits were watching today, because they have work to do.
I think that is a very fair and measured response. I would tend to agree with you except that I have some sympathy with the defence, basically you can move rocks about but no matter how you put them it's still rubble. I think he has inherited an aging/ not good enough set of defenders and is being denied the resources to improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom