• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov | February 21, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
tenor.gif
Push-ups paid off. Let's hope for a vintage WC Mesut performance.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Can't watch this but I see it's back 4 and Emery's favorite formation that includes Özil too so this should be nice. No excuses.

elemoo

I predict there will be a massive overreaction to Özil's performance whether it's good or bad.

Tbf, we have been starved of any type of flowing football of late or creative presence - so yeah if Özil puts in 2-3 goal scoring opportunities and frees up space for others to get involved with his off the ball movement, it's well within reason for many to think "this was so refreshing to watch" especially if you compare it to the first leg.

If he plays poorly, then obviously the excuse of not being 100% match fit which is also a reasonable explanation.

I personally think he will be 5/10 by his standards... people often say he's not consistent but i think we need to clarify that he has played very consistently average most of this season and last... but his average for Özil is better than anyone else and i cant think of many in the team who have played consistently well this season.... maybe Laca(?)

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still this team in serious need for width what huge difference would make when you have good wingers start with Auba and Özil instead of watching mkhi Iwobi week in week out

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
BBC:
There is just one change to the Bate Borisov side who won 1-0 last week. Former Arsenal defender Aleksandr Hleb drops to the bench and Slobodan Simovic comes in.

I know Hleb didn't like to score goals, didn't rack up a ton of assists and was overrated to high heaven but come on, this is a little harsh from the Beeb.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
For those in the U.S., the game is on Galavision (en espanol) or on the Univision website. If you need the game in English, it's behind an online paywall.

If we win BATE Borisov with Özil after losing without him it will confirm to me that Özil is better than Dennis Bergkamp and probably a second coming of Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom