• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Very true. I still think we’ll reap long term rewards economically but it will take decades not years. Our new stadium is similar size but cost less than a third of Sp**s’ to build, and because of it’s appreciation in value we can raise capital very cheaply.

One thing that remains to be seen is the full impact of covid 19 and what the club will do about season ticket renewals for next season (I doubt people with uncertain job situations will be rushing to commit to an uncertain schedule).

Basically the financial breakdown means we can only do cheap installment deals or sell to buy. If we our net transfer outgoing's are significant, it suggests KSE putting in some short-term cash advances, which given how all their sports teams are bleeding money due to Covid is unlikely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly. I don't get this hate for Kroenke. He's not in charge of our transfer dealings. Arsenal have one of the highest net spend in the past few years and yet we have piss poor poor players in our books.

Even if we have a 300m budget this window we'd still spend it badly. We need to revamp our recruitment process first
Yeah even though over the last 5 years our net spend has been £270m compared to the leading spender, City at £602m, we've spent so badly that the gap is bigger than the sums show.

That's £54m a year we've spent. Wolves have spent £45m a year and they're above us in the table. Sums it up.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah even though over the last 5 years our net spend has been £270m compared to the leading spender, City at £602m, we've spent so badly that the gap is bigger than the sums show.

That's £54m a year we've spent. Wolves have spent £45m a year and they're above us in the table. Sums it up.

This is an important point. Those teams also seem to get rid of failed signings very quickly while we reward them with bigger contracts.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Quite convenient that you brought up only city's net spend. How about Liverpool that's about 18m per year?

What about Chelsea that has a bet spend of 26m per year for the last five years?

We're 4th in net spend in the past five years and yet we've been dropping towards midtable mediocrity. That's not Kroenke's fault

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Quite convenient that you brought up only city's net spend. How about Liverpool that's about 18m per year?

What about Chelsea that has a bet spend of 26m per year for the last five years?

We're 4th in net spend in the past five years and yet we've been dropping towards midtable mediocrity. That's not Kroenke's fault
It takes more than 5 years to assemble a squad. The Chelsea squad is more expensive than ours and the Liverpool is a lot more expensive. It's quite simple really.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not just that, when was the last time we gave away an equaliser in the last 5 minutes and instead of then conceding the winner or just taking a draw, go on to score less than 5 minutes later? Seeing some character for once

We could do well and cash in in Kola, tbf.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I could see the reasoning behing bringing him in, we were playing a back three, etc.

But I think Tierney had more final balls delivered this game than Kola has had in his whole Arsenal career.
Tbf, Kola does deliver a lot of final balls...... just without looking and hitting a player except by luck

Arteta slowly but surely getting us back on track!

Hopefully Josh sees how good it has been with switching Emery out for Arteta and switch out Edu, Vinai, and Raul also.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom