• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 110,052

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
It's interesting how since Ceballos became good, Xhaka has become not so good. We need Ceballos, but like another Ceballos. If we had two guys playing like Ceballos in midfield we'd be pretty good.

Xhaka has been very good don’t know what you’re talking about mate.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Pepe has been one of our better players who can seem to create something of nothing, knowing how negative/defensive Arteta has been I bet you he'll take Pepe off for an extra defender. We've probably got to keep Pepe on & put Saka on the other side.
Yes yes its Arteta that is the problem, not Pepe losing the ball, making bad decisions and doing sweet fk all other than running until he loses the ball or makes a bad pass. If we had a different manager Pepe would be better than Messi. Also your suggestion of getting Saka on instead of Aubemeyang who is on the other wing is genius.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We were **** in the first half, now the question is if we're doing our regular parking the bus routine in the second or are we gonna show up?
Unless Spuds score a second, I don't see us going all out. Almost all of our players look like they don't give a ****.
All you do is whinge. Change your name ffs

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kola is not going to make a mistake like that again. Get behind the team.
:lol: He's been playing like this since the PL restart, his mistake just wasn't punished until today.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Leno would have done better, we agree or not ? You are not really saying anything about the situation.

I'm not sure Leno would've rushed out. And leno is much faster than Martinez. Martinez seemed like mertesacker "running" out
He may have done better there he may not. It's a tricky one for a keeper as your natural reaction is to close the angle but in that moment actually the defender closes the angle. Your role is to force the attacker wide to allow the defender to recover and narrow the space. Instead Martinez and Luiz both narrowed the angle rather than one narrowing and one covering. In that moment after the initial run out and shuffling by Martinez he then needs to drop back toward the goal line and protect the net rather than blocking the shot. It's a small criticism of Martinez as I'm sure he wasnt expecting to have an attacker rush him in that moment. So again who does better I cannot give a definitive answer.

What I can say is I dont think Leno gets a hand on the Davies shot and I think Kane chips Leno.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would have dragged him off after 20 minutes. His attitude is sickening at times.

Got more involved towards the end of the half but still wasted a few counterattacks by taking the wrong option.

Has to improve.

What attitude? He's pressing hes dribbling, hes shooting. It's just his demeanour. Just because he doesnt look like he is busting a gutt doesnt mean he isn't. It looks just as effortless when it comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom