• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

This bloke is usually pretty reliable with Arsenal stuff - especially youth team. Maybe we're just letting Sokratis have his picture taken with the lads before he heads to Naples.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Sokratis in a free, Torreira under 40m and Matrinez under 30m is shocking business and undervaluing of good players even if there not starters for us.

Iceman10

Established Member
This bloke is usually pretty reliable with Arsenal stuff - especially youth team. Maybe we're just letting Sokratis have his picture taken with the lads before he heads to Naples.

If it was a done deal I don’t think he would be in the photoshoot. Probably confirms we are holding out for a few million rather than letting him go for free (with wages off the books).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

If it was a done deal I don’t think he would be in the photoshoot. Probably confirms we are holding out for a few million rather than letting him go for free (with wages off the books).
Also supports the rumour that we offered him an extension in a way. Seems like we're holding out for a fee.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

I actually rate Sokratis as a defender. But he doesn't fit the managers build up from the back style of play. But if Arteta plans to continue using the 3 at the back system i wouldn't mind Papa staying for one more season while running down his contract. If you can get 6 to 8 million for him this season then sell him. But f*ck all this 'leave on a free' bs.

senna

I actually rate Sokratis as a defender. But he doesn't fit the managers build up from the back style of play. But if Arteta plans to continue using the 3 at the back system i wouldn't mind Papa staying for one more season while running down his contract. If you can get 6 to 8 million for him this season then sell him. But f*ck all this 'leave on a free' bs.

Sokratis is on £90k a week? If he stays max he plays is 5 games. £90k a week is about £4.5m - £5m you are saving in wages this year that you can put towards the transfer budget. Let him go for free, lets all pitch him & buy him his ryanair ticket to naples if it helps.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sokratis in a free, Torreira under 40m and Matrinez under 30m is shocking business and undervaluing of good players even if there not starters for us.
In what world is Martinez 30m?? Are you talking USD? He's not a forward or an outfield player he's a 28 year old keeper with only a handful of impressive games to his name and 2 years left on his deal (as well as publicly saying he wants to leave if he isnt first choice).

Torreira we bought for around 25m and he failed here and clearly wants out... to italy. We have no leg to stand on demanding 40m.

On top of all this its a depressed market right now. If 45-60 signs you Aouar then Torreira isnt worth 40m.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm ok with him leaving free, another big wage off the books. Its a bit rude thet they cant at least give us some money to let him go, like 2m.

Making us make him a free agent is a bit tight ffs.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'm ok with him leaving free, another big wage off the books. Its a bit rude thet they cant at least give us some money to let him go, like 2m.

Making us make him a free agent is a bit tight ffs.
Nah, this is like you selling some sneakers you've broken in and worn a couple times for retail price. Get between that and StockX price ffs.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
In what world is Martinez 30m?? Are you talking USD? He's not a forward or an outfield player he's a 28 year old keeper with only a handful of impressive games to his name and 2 years left on his deal (as well as publicly saying he wants to leave if he isnt first choice).

Torreira we bought for around 25m and he failed here and clearly wants out... to italy. We have no leg to stand on demanding 40m.

On top of all this its a depressed market right now. If 45-60 signs you Aouar then Torreira isnt worth 40m.

If 45m signs you Partey then Torreira ( who is very well rounded and rateley has a bad game for us but an inform Xhaka is preffered) is worth 40m.

DCMs and defensive box to box cms quality of players is no where near what is used to be 5 years ago let alone 10 years ago. I literally can't think of a genuine world class player in that position off the top of head, the best is probably Casimero and Benatucer. I mean a very average player in Henderson gets into the team of the season and he's the modern day David Batty. We have have many very hyped and expensive players (after a few decent peformances in CL similar to Partey) in that role sign for PL clubs and flop in Fred, Wanyama, Bayakao etc.

Martinez is worth 30m after several months of superb form in a world that Kepa is 70m and Henderson is on over 100k just after 1 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom