• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It really is annoying how Arsenal fans act over young players, the dream has been crushed so many times but they still hope.
Have we ever bought an older player who vastly improved at the club?

Of course it’s exciting to sign young players as long as you keep the balance age wise. Nasri, Fabregas, Martinelli etc can increase value tenfold. My issue used to be that we bought too many crap young players like Jenkinson Sanogo etc.

I think signing young talented players is something we need to do here and there, as we can’t compete with the big clubs to sign the best established players.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It really is annoying how Arsenal fans act over young players, the dream has been crushed so many times but they still hope.
Split the club into two groups. Those under the age of 25 and those over 25. Which group of players would you rather work with? Which group do you think will give you more value? Which group do you think is more likely to take Arsenal to the right direction? Obviously there’s a lot of projection on my part but I believe our recruitment over of mature players has ruined us. Recruitment is and always be the biggest factor in the direction that your club goes and for some reason we mess up signing older players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just missed a sitter vs Bayern.

One on one with a lot of goal to aim at and he skied it, think he was a bit overly confident there and it backfired.

Keplaz

Just missed a sitter vs Bayern.

One on one with a lot of goal to aim at and he skied it, think he was a bit overly confident there and it backfired.
I saw this. Was watching to see how he did. Turned over to the Inter Real game after that.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I saw this. Was watching to see how he did. Turned over to the Inter Real game after that.
He recently lost the ball in his own hald and Bayern went onto score too :facepalm:

Not the best game but he's showing his quality too.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Split the club into two groups. Those under the age of 25 and those over 25. Which group of players would you rather work with? Which group do you think will give you more value? Which group do you think is more likely to take Arsenal to the right direction? Obviously there’s a lot of projection on my part but I believe our recruitment over of mature players has ruined us. Recruitment is and always be the biggest factor in the direction that your club goes and for some reason we mess up signing older players.

It's all about balance like everything. When funds are limited you need to buy young and hope that player turns out elite and you can sell and reinvest the money. Or that your club hits the top after a few years and they want to stay.

Our recruitment doesnt make sense sometimes. Searching for Martinellis and promoting youth and then blocking it with Willian. If your gonna float around mid table better doing it with Nelson hoping something clicks then a 32 year old Willian who's only at us for the loot and no other decent club wanted him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He seems like someone who creates more danger off the ball than on it. Where as Aouar is more dangerous with the ball at his feet. I don't think he will increase our creativity. He is more of a shooter, end product guy who may be quiet for 85 minutes and come alive in 5.

That being said, Aouar has a tendency to drop to the level of the team. He isn't someone who elevates the level of the team and drives us forward. Someone who takes the game and wins it.

It's weird but its like we need the talent of Aouar with the personality of Guendouzi.

say yes

forum master baiter

Fantastic piece from the Athletic on him.

Not sure he’s ready to have an immediate impact here; there are some pretty major holes in his game which need ironed out. But I’m definitely keen.

The potential is massive, and at £25m the value looks immense.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's weird but its like we need the talent of Aouar with the personality of Guendouzi.

That part sounds exactly like Jack Grealish tbf. Unfortunately he’s out of our price range especially as the likes of City and Utd are interested in him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fantastic piece from the Athletic on him.

Not sure he’s ready to have an immediate impact here; there are some pretty major holes in his game which need ironed out. But I’m definitely keen.

The potential is massive, and at £25m the value looks immense.

Which will be a huge issue because this fanbase has absolute zero patience.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
The lack of dribbling in his game is the most pressing concern imo. Szoboszlai looks dangerous and proactive in and around the box but are those the qualities we need in new CM's?

From the athletic:

He is a pretty poor dribbler one-on-one, rating just two out of 99 in terms of dribbling skill according to smarterscout, which is echoed by his 18.8 per cent take-on completion rate in the Champions League over the last three seasons being the third lowest of all wide midfielders and wingers.

We already have players like Auba, Nketiah, (and to a lesser extent but improving) Pepe who do their best work inside the box. I'm not sure what profile of CM we should be looking at but I'm not convinced it's this guy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think value is what makes this appealing, to me he has a high floor. There’s obvious holes in his game but he’s going to be a decent player.

If he doesn’t develop much seen as he’s only 19 it’ll be easy to sell him for a small profit at worse. If he does turn it around you’re looking at a great investment.

It shouldn’t be seen as Grealish or Szobozslai it should be “fully developed creator” and Szobozslai.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The lack of dribbling in his game is the most pressing concern imo. Szoboszlai looks dangerous and proactive in and around the box but are those the qualities we need in new CM's?

From the athletic:

We already have players like Auba, Nketiah, (and to a lesser extent but improving) Pepe who do their best work inside the box. I'm not sure what profile of CM we should be looking at but I'm not convinced it's this guy.
This is exactly why I don’t want him. Once we get him people will say we should use his strength and make sure we get players who compliment him. Meaning we will still cry out for an actual creative midfielder. We are crying out for technicians and we have already too many players who can’t beat players. And what’s the point of having smith Rowe if you gonna spend 25 million on this guy

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Which will be a huge issue because this fanbase has absolute zero patience.

I think having never won a CL nor Europa League/UEFA cup and having not won the league since 2004 it's understandable that patience is at an all time low. For the 3rd biggest club in English football it's not what you would call good enough.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is exactly why I don’t want him. Once we get him people will say we should use his strength and make sure we get players who compliment him. Meaning we will still cry out for an actual creative midfielder. We are crying out for technicians and we have already too many players who can’t beat players. And what’s the point of having smith Rowe if you gonna spend 25 million on this guy

This guys miles in front of Smith Rowe that's why.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think having never won a CL nor Europa League/UEFA cup and having not won the league since 2004 it's understandable that patience is at an all time low. For the 3rd biggest club in English football it's not what you would call good enough.

Right, and all of that is completely irrelevant because I'm talking about the development of young players, especially ones coming from a foreign league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom