• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | Sunday, December 13 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Waffle. No discussion, just show me the measurable metric of decline 2012 to 2016. Better still put it in the Merci Arsène thread. I can wait.
You must be the only Arsenal "fan" on the planet who doesn't think being Top 4 and then not being top 4 anymore isn't a decline.

The reality is you're either a hack for the Kroenke board or a troll.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You must be the only Arsenal "fan" on the planet who doesn't think being Top 4 and then not being top 4 anymore isn't a decline.

The reality is you're either a hack for the Kroenke board or a troll.
Listen bro, I was on here in 2015/16 telling everybody there was no decline. And they all laughed a me. But nobody, I mean nobody on here so far has provided one shred of measurably proof that we declined between 2012 and 2015/16 that stands up to scrutiny, so that fans could get riled up enough to remove Arsène . . points, EPL position, goal difference, clean sheets, xG for, xG against . . you can choose whatever metric you like, but don't try and wriggle out of it by accusing me of being a troll.:lol:

GoonerJay24

:lol: It's all Wenger's fault. Fancy finishing 2nd when he should have won the league, unforgivable. Let's get some planes, protests and boycotts and force this pathetic club to change.

Arsenal fans were too disrespectful and ungrateful towards Wenger. I am so pissed off everyday about this it's unreal. I use to post on this forum as another user back in those times; I remember you and me were only ones trying to give perspective. I love Arsenal more than anything and seeing them like this is soul destroying.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Arsenal fans were too disrespectful and ungrateful towards Wenger. I am so pissed off everyday about this it's unreal. I use to post on this forum as another user back in those times; I remember you and me were only ones trying to give perspective. I love Arsenal more than anything and seeing them like this is soul destroying.
If you look at it another way, this will only add to his legacy.

As annoying as it is, he had to go sometime, and his time was up, and the club has to learn to stand on it's own two feet,,, or not:lol:

People crossed a line with Wenger though. Kept being called a tyrant and compared to Mugabe ffs.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Like tbf Wenger was part of the reason the club is in decline right now. Almost every source from the club mentions how he had a large say in the transfers etc. until the last year or so of his tenure. He was a great manager in some respects but had some weaknesses that certain players could paper over and allow him to do what he did best in creating a great environment for great players to flourish.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also why wasn't that a penalty against Elneny? Ridiculous carry on altogether, pushes a guy in the face and then falls to the ground. I thought it was a clear pen tbh.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Listen bro, I was on here in 2015/16 telling everybody there was no decline. And they all laughed a me. But nobody, I mean nobody on here so far has provided one shred of measurably proof that we declined between 2012 and 2015/16 that stands up to scrutiny, so that fans could get riled up enough to remove Arsène . . points, EPL position, goal difference, clean sheets, xG for, xG against . . you can choose whatever metric you like, but don't try and wriggle out of it by accusing me of being a troll.:lol:

We were standing in place which in modern football is equivalent to slow decline. Not Wenger's fault tho he was doing his best till the very end. Had it wasn't for Kos' slip he'd probably leave on a high.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger or not it was time to change the investment we made after that was God awful yes there still players that wenger bought still here like Laca holding xhaka who all are average and not even midtable quality.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Like tbf Wenger was part of the reason the club is in decline right now. Almost every source from the club mentions how he had a large say in the transfers etc. until the last year or so of his tenure. He was a great manager in some respects but had some weaknesses that certain players could paper over and allow him to do what he did best in creating a great environment for great players to flourish.
Wenger wasn't perfect but his management papered over the decline until his final season. If he'd been sacked sooner we'd have had this sack of shi te sooner because the truth is the real fault is not Wenger/Emery/Arteta/Xhaka/Whoever's.

It is Kronke and Son's. Curse the day they heard about our soccer club.

GoonerJay24

Arsène got some transfers wrong but so does every coach

Compare where we are now to 2015 where criticism of Arsène and the team was rife by the footballing world back then

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Look I'm not saying Wenger was THE problem. But he wasnt helping himself either. And yes, I agree that the real problem heere is how the club is run at a high level. And yes I miss Wenger as well.

berric

Established Member

If I recall Wenger wanted to move on earlier but the bald con man Gazidis begged him to stay because the club had no transistion structure in place.

He came to the club 10 years before that.

Tells you all that you need to know about who runs the joint.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If I recall Wenger wanted to move on earlier but the bald con man Gazidis begged him to stay because the club had no transistion structure in place.

And Gazidis basically ran away as soon as he realised he was going to be held accountable :lol:

We really couldn't have made a bigger mess of our transition post-Wenger than this.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We were standing in place which in modern football is equivalent to slow decline. Not Wenger's fault tho he was doing his best till the very end. Had it wasn't for Kos' slip he'd probably leave on a high.

The club was in a stable position and could have been gradually handed over by Wenger. Instead, fans forced the club’s hand to make drastic change and it put us in the situation we are in now.
This is what an instant gratification mentality can give you. High risk, high potential reward.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Source?

berric

Established Member

The club was in a stable position and could have been gradually handed over by Wenger. Instead, fans forced the club’s hand to make drastic change and it put us in the situation we are in now.
This is what an instant gratification mentality can give you. High risk, high potential reward.

Disagree. I think fans were patient enough until the last two years when decline started to affect play on the pitch as well as our position in the table.

The board should've set the foundation for slow transition as far as 2014 but failed.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

The funny thing is, the Elneny incident looks far worse. Apparently the official line from VAR is they were ‘jostling for space’ at a dead ball situation, so he didn’t get a red :lol:

Xhakas is way worse. He consciously put his hand around to choke

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure how Elneny didn't go as well tbf but was more of an in the moment thing.

Xhaka actually put his hand round someone's throat because they accidently tripped him up.

Levels to this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Of course the last two years were decline. Most people struggle at work with one person abusing them, Arsène had thousands. But the so called decline that got the fans riled up in 2015/16 though was non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom