• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
In place where? The under 18 squad? Arteta is absolute poverty in setting attacks.
Nah, I think we've slowly gotten better in attacking but it's nowhere near where it needs to be.

So a manager has a team of Aaron Lennons. He believes in high balls into the box and physical football? Until he signs 11 Andy Carroll's (which will take 4 years) he continues to play to the weakness of his players just cause hes wants to stick to his philosophy? Senseless

What? That sounds senseless. Calm down.

I want to win too and I'm aggravated by current circumstances, but you have to look at the future and the bigger picture. Things will turn around, just need to give it some time and let Arteta implement his culture. Back him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We do not have a top 8 squad. How can you believe this?

The league moves forward. Its arrogant for us to think that we get to be assessed as being 8th because we are historically the famous big club Arsenal. This attitude is why we get outworked on the pitch by so called lesser teams.

So West Hams squad is better than ours?
Newcastles better?
Villa better?

Your telling me that this squad is 15th best squad in the league?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah, I think we've slowly gotten better in attacking but it's nowhere near where it needs to be.

What? That sounds senseless. Calm down.

I want to win too and I'm aggravated by current circumstances, but you have to look at the future and the bigger picture. Things will turn around, just need to give it some time and let Arteta implement his culture. Back him.

It's not senseless you say Arteta is trying to implement a philosophy that he doesnt have the players to do. So scrap the philosophy and play to the strengths of your team until you get the players you need.

al-Ustaadh

Why would you implement an attacking system that doesn't work for the players you have?
Because it's a culture thing. He's setting the ways for the players and those he will bring in. He plays to the strengths of the squad right now (playing down the left) in his attacking system like he did with the counter attack (Auba on the left). It's about the future.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because it's a culture thing. He's setting the ways for the players and those he will bring in. He plays to the strengths of the squad right now (playing down the left) in his attacking system like he did with the counter attack (Auba on the left). It's about the future.

How can you build a strategy with players you dont want? You have to teach all the new players the ****ing same thing. Are you dopey?

What players is he going to bring in when he finishes 17th. Oh Aouar. We are great..I've this brilliant style.

Here messi look at what I'm doing. Come play for us.

Stop being stubborn. Call it like it is. A culture thing? Letting Willian go on holidays? Putting Saliba to the youth team.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So your saying that our squad is better than Everton normally but tonight no?

Stop quoting what other people said. I'm asking you.

You said the squad was around the level 5th. That would be a decent finish. So are you now saying your judgement on the squad was wrong?

I dont think my judgement was wrong. I think in part we've been incredibly unlucky.

We had a very tough start to the season, City, Liverpool and United away in the opening 9 games. Games we usually get whooped in.

The confidence was down big time going into any decent run of games.

We came up against Leicester with Partey, Leicester did a smash and grab job on us where we should've buried the game in the first half. Laca was unlucky to have his goal ruled out.

We go and get a man sent off against Leeds, Saka goes through one on one for a chance to win us that game. Misses.

We come out at half time against Burnley, create 3 good chances and are looking like scoring a couple of goals, things looking good. Xhaka gets sent off, game goes. We lose.

We go 1-0 down against Southampton. Come out in the second half fired up, create a great chance and score. We are on top and look like scoring again... Gabriel gets sent off. We hold onto a point, Holding couldve won it late on with a header off the bar.

Luck comes back around in football of course, but I firmly believe with Partey in the team 24/7 and without the dumb red cards in 3 of the last 6 games we would've got more points.

Arteta has been incredibly unlucky this season, the one thing I'd say is a negative on Mikel is the sticking with certain players through thick and thin. That's all.

al-Ustaadh

How can you build a strategy with players you dont want? You have to teach all the new players the ****ing same thing. Are you dopey?
It's not like he's not going to play these players just because he doesn't want them. They're what he has to choose from.

al-Ustaadh

What players is he going to bring in when he finishes 17th. Oh Aouar. We are great..I've this brilliant style.
I told another poster that I don't expect well-known players. Think they'll aim for lesser known players with certain qualities that fit Arteta's system and the problems it currently has. Think Manor Solomon, Fabio Vieira, Marcus Thuram, and not Aouar, Buendia, etc.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I dont think my judgement was wrong. I think in part we've been incredibly unlucky.

We had a very tough start to the season, City, Liverpool and United away in the opening 9 games. Games we usually get whooped in.

The confidence was down big time going into any decent run of games.

We came up against Leicester with Partey, Leicester did a smash and grab job on us where we should've buried the game in the first half. Laca was unlucky to have his goal ruled out.

We go and get a man sent off against Leeds, Saka goes through one on one for a chance to win us that game. Misses.

We come out at half time against Burnley, create 3 good chances and are looking like scoring a couple of goals, things looking good. Xhaka gets sent off, game goes. We lose.

We go 1-0 down against Southampton. Come out in the second half fired up, create a great chance and score. We are on top and look like scoring again... Gabriel gets sent off. We hold onto a point, Holding couldve won it late on with a header off the bar.

Luck comes back around in football of course, but I firmly believe with Partey in the team 24/7 and without the dumb red cards in 3 of the last 6 games we would've got more points.

Arteta has been incredibly unlucky this season, the one thing I'd say is a negative on Mikel is the sticking with certain players through thick and thin. That's all.

So you say your judgement about 5th was right.

You think Arteta is the right man and the squad is good enough for 5th maybe even 6th.

But the reason we are not there is because of......LUCK.

Hahahahahahaha

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Right now no because the damage Arteta has done is too much. If Arteta stays all season we would be worse in the league than if Allergi came in now.

With Allergi from next league match maybe we finished 9th or 10th. Maybe even 8th.

With Arteta to the end of the season theres no chance of 8th.

The damage ARTETA has done? My god I cannot wait to quote all your bullshit when Arteta turns the ship around.

By then you probably won't even be on here to be fair, too embarrassed to come back.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The damage ARTETA has done? My god I cannot wait to quote all your bullshit when Arteta turns the ship around.

By then you probably won't even be on here to be fair, too embarrassed to come back.

We are 15th in the league and have lost 8 games. Klopp, Pep and Zidane together dont turn that around into 6th.

I have asked you. When/If Arteta continues like this and is sacked by the club are you going to come here and say you were wrong?

I will happily come here if Arteta stays and finishes 6th.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So you say your judgement about 5th was right.

You think Arteta is the right man and the squad is good enough for 5th maybe even 6th.

But the reason we are not there is because of......LUCK.

Hahahahahahaha

Didn't say that did I.

What I'm saying is there's multiple reasons why things are failing right now. And one of them is that the manager has been unlucky. I mentioned another one, the manager playing certain players through thick and thin which I won't back.

But you do realise any new manager would be forced into playing xhaka, would probably play bellerin and laca AND Willian?

So what you gonna do if a new manager gets hired next month? Laud them for playing the same players? And when the same players start doing crap again in 4 months is it gonna be manager out again?

Cycle will continue until the **** has been shovelled out of the squad.

Legend14

Established Member

Here messi look at what I'm doing. Come play for us.

Stop being stubborn. Call it like it is. A culture thing? Letting Willian go on holidays? Putting Saliba to the youth team.
It is definitely a culture thing. You have one culture inbound and one outbound. While this progresses there will be conflict. Not panicking.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
"The Gunners, admittedly without main striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, should have been beaten by half-time as Everton dominated and Arteta's side showed an alarming lack of urgency, exemplified by another poor display from Willian."

...from the BBC, what chances did Everton really have?

The Willian part is spot on though.
They had two, both went in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Didn't say that did I.

What I'm saying is there's multiple reasons why things are failing right now. And one of them is that the manager has been unlucky. I mentioned another one, the manager playing certain players through thick and thin which I won't back.

But you do realise any new manager would be forced into playing xhaka, would probably play bellerin and laca AND Willian?

So what you gonna do if a new manager gets hired next month? Laud them for playing the same players? And when the same players start doing crap again in 4 months is it gonna be manager out again?

Cycle will continue until the **** has been shovelled out of the squad.

No I will expect them to get results.

Arteta cant just lose every game until Xhaka etc are out of the club.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are 15th in the league and have lost 8 games. Klopp, Pep and Zidane together dont turn that around into 6th.

I have asked you. When/If Arteta continues like this and is sacked by the club are you going to come here and say you were wrong?

I will happily come here if Arteta stays and finishes 6th.

Last season Manchester United had 18 points at this same stage. 4 more points than us.

They ended up finishing 3rd.

Ole was in charge, and you're telling me Arteta cant turn it round? Ha.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It is definitely a culture thing. You have one culture inbound and one outbound. While this progresses there will be conflict. Not panicking.

And emery didnt have players coming in and out.

He asked for Zaha and Partey and got Pepe and Ceballos.

And when he got sacked he was 8th.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Last season Manchester United had 18 points at this same stage. 4 more points than us.

They ended up finishing 3rd.

Ole was in charge, and you're telling me Arteta cant turn it round? Ha.

Put your money where your mouth is. £100 says that Arteta doesnt get us 8th or above this season.

If he is sacked obviously I win.

You have faith that he is going to turn it around soon. I dont have faith.

Come on put your chips on the table.

Where united 15th this time last season?

Legend14

Established Member
So West Hams squad is better than ours?
Newcastles better?
Villa better?

Your telling me that this squad is 15th best squad in the league?
I don’t have to tell you, look at the table.

Some “nobody” player flew by AMN twice today on the dribble. AMN is not slow by any means. The PL has talent everywhere. If you don’t constantly progress your talent, and rely on credits from the history of your badge, you end up like us, wondering why we look so poor positionally.

We are not good. Face the reality. We need much more quality, then you can focus on how talented the manager is.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@14Henry you're basing all your opinions on us being 15th right now. Arteta will have us 8th or higher come the end of the season.

Then next summer when most of the **** leaves we can have a good season under Mikel, with most of the players he wants and some quality new signings.

Relax, the ship will turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom