• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Tuesday December 29th | KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't say blitzed in that we sat back in our shape and let Brighton launch ball after ball towards our goal. We are pretty boring right now but our best teams have been breathtaking. With Partey, we will have half a functioning midfield and well be so much better.
The general feeling is football has become boring. Its more important not to lose and that combined with academies designed to produce passing football they create this safe possession monster. Possession for defence.

So much of football is now individual brilliance outside the confines of training and academy football. It's why guys like Saka and South Americans are so exciting. They've had an education outside of that environment and with that comes this individualism to the game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@OnlyOne just don't let @American_Gooner make any more threads.
tenor.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The league this year is very close 7 points from 4th 9 points ahead of 17th place what we need is to keep the wins rolling

REWB

The football was terrible. I really don't think Arteta has the answer. We should be riding on the confidence of the Chelsea win, how can we come up with a performance like that?

My word some people are absolute clueless...So theres this imaginary manager out there that will get us playing like barca?...with these players? what is wrong with people? too many idiots that think this is fifa 21. unreal.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Decent second-half mostly. Should have taken the lead earlier but that timely goal from Laca was a more subtle finish than it appeared at first.

I wish we hadn't started trying to go to the corner flag with seven minutes to play but can't complain, we've won our first relegation six-pointer. Hopefully the West Brom game will be the last one.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
First half was very meh. Second half we looked pretty decent and had a bit of cutting edge about us going forwards.

Saka again proving why he's the star of this team with that assist, though I thought this was one of his weaker games overall. Lovely finish by Laca too. He's really looking good in this system, deserves to start the next match.

Credit to Arteta for the timing of the substitution too. Payed off after 20 seconds.

You can see why Brighton have been our bogey team, just really awkward. Fortunately they offer very little cutting edge up front.

Holding and Mari deserve some praise too. I thought they marshalled Brighton pretty effectively.

Middling performance overall though, but it's 2 wins on the bounce. Lets make it 3 against WBA then we can really start talking about momentum being built and turning a corner.

COYG.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The general feeling is football has become boring. Its more important not to lose and that combined with academies designed to produce passing football they create this safe possession monster. Possession for defence.

I can't buy the soundness of this take when there are teams like Bayern who play a very methodical style of football and are very exciting still. A proper academy will want to instill those values in its players but not hinder special talents, and I find it dubious this has somehow perished from football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom