• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Tuesday December 29th | KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would take them over the current duo for these games 9 days out of 10.

But personal opinion aside, Arteta still could've gone for other midfielders in the transfer window but chose to give Xhaka and Elneny their careers at the club back when they both looked out the door. And now he selects them. So this falls on him.

Yeah no doubt, he kept them and they aren't good enough. It doesn't make him incompetent IMO though

bergholt

Playing like this we'll lose more points than we'll gain so no point even thinking about top 6 until performances improves drastically.

Yes, but the trajectory is much more positive than it was a few days ago.

Clearly it’s going to take time for all the pieces to click together and the chemistry to build. Equally clearly we’re nowhere near yet.

But maybe, just maybe, there’s a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

novar

There is a lot of boring football around, but to be honest I don't remember ever seeing so much positive attacking football from so many teams in the premier league...

It used to be us and a a couple of other top teams like Man Utd and City late on that played exciting football. Most of the other sides just sat back and played conservatively. Now you have the likes of Leeds, Villa, Wolves, etc all going for it.

Even bleeding Stoke tried to change their style of play. It would be great if this timing didn't coincide with our conservative stale play making us one of the most boring teams in the league, while those with far less resources run rings around us. It's sad to see.

Yeah, really puzzled with people claiming football is boring now. Football outside of England has always been awful (Ligue 1 is the second best thing out there) but it really sounds like just another excuse to protect Arteta and his atrocious football than anything else.

Think the only boring sides in the league atm are hapless Sheffield United, mechanic Manchester City and Arteta's Arsenal

bergholt

Would take them over the current duo for these games 9 days out of 10.

But personal opinion aside, Arteta still could've gone for other midfielders in the transfer window but chose to give Xhaka and Elneny their careers at the club back when they both looked out the door. And now he selects them. So this falls on him.

There’s always a limit to how many you can sign in a given window, and how much you can spend. Maybe he decided that other areas needed reinforcement more desperately, like defence.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I cant understand the priase he getting tonight? He looked one of poorer peformers to me.

Give McGinn over him anyday (who has been excellent this season).

He was decent i thought, not one of his best performances. But watching him it looks as if he does the job Partey does. Agree with McGinn, we need a player like him, would be a much smarter signing.

silent_shadow

Established Member
There’s always a limit to how many you can sign in a given window, and how much you can spend. Maybe he decided that other areas needed reinforcement more desperately, like defence.
Well he signed Ceballos so that was a spot in the squad that he filled up.

Jack badmon

Pros:

-two wins in a row, ****ing come on
-tierney, Mari excellent
- excellent from Saka for the goal
-lacazette too, shout out Arteta for the substitution. Excellent finish
-I have to give credit to bellerin I thought he was done out here. He was really good today again. Seems like he is wearing a low cut top hoping Barcelona are noticing but I don’t mind
-How we improved second half with the first time passes over the top and direct running different team
-Defended well towards the end
-still have Gabriel and partey to come back in so reason to be optimistic
-a bit of daylight now from relegation :lol:

Cons:

-first half was absolute toilet can’t have too many more of those this season
-aubameyang should have scored, two chances at least I would put money on him to bag
-martinelli disappointingly quiet
-Eleny was shocking first half

Overall all good. Wasn’t perfect but I’ll take it. We move!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
He looked good imo (7-8 out 10 perhaps), but I still fancy Locatelli in this position.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I still cannot figure out that first half performance.

Dreadful.
I think Arteta told the players not to get over excited by the Chelsea win which translated in to a professional, do your job and shut it down performance. In the second half, they took the handbrake off slightly and realised that they could play more expansive football and not neglect their defensive duties.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Partey and Gabriel get back and fully fit, we could have a real chance at something this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Finding it hard to enjoy wins when you know they’re part of a nothing season.

A race for Europe might bring the enjoyment back but I’m not finding it fun while it seems like we’re finishing mid table.

Jack badmon

Finding it hard to enjoy wins when you know they’re part of a nothing season.

A race for Europe might bring the enjoyment back but I’m not finding it fun while it seems like we’re finishing mid table.

This is true but teams are dropping points everywhere you look. It’s not deluded to expect us to get even better with partey and Gabriel to return and hopefully some jan signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom