• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Tuesday December 29th | KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trofton

• Brighton end 2020 with just one Premier League home win (17 games), the lowest total of victories on home soil in a calendar year in the history of the competition (excluding promoted/relegated teams).
  • Brighton have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games, drawing seven and losing six.
  • Arsenal have won back-to-back league games this season for the first time since their opening two games back in September.
  • Arsenal kept their fourth away clean sheet this season in the Premier League, a figure only Aston Villa can better in 2020-21 (five).
  • Alexandre Lacazette has scored in each of his last three games for Arsenal in all competitions, after netting just once in his previous 12.
  • Since the start of last season, Bukayo Saka has registered 15 assists in all competitions for Arsenal, more than any other player for the club.

bergholt

Well he did bring in Partey so he couldnt have been that happy with his options being Xhaka/Elneny/Ceballos.

Yeah, totally. I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can do in any given window. Maybe a maximum of a 10% change to the squad in each window - takes a long time to fundamentally change it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You're not allowed to say this lol

We have a relegation squad remember?

Jokes aside I believe our squad is good enough for top 10, and with a bit of luck can push for Europe.

That was probably the win that ends our relegation fight though :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I am feeling a bit more confident. Our forward lineup is doing very well with the introduction of Martinelli and ESR along with Saka. Defense is decent and would be better when Gabriel comes back. Tierney is already doing good on the left. Bellerin is a liability though.

But our midfield is championship level. Just when you think that it can't get worse than Xhaka, Elneny proves that it can. Can't wait for Partey to comeback. We still neet to use the transfer window to find at least a half decent partner for Partey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His quality doesn't belong to these teams he look good maybe with better team he'll look better

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Jokes aside I believe our squad is good enough for top 10, and with a bit of luck can push for Europe.

That was probably the win that ends our relegation fight though :lol:
I've always said it's a top 8 squad and I am glad we got the win but I'm not getting carried away.

I said before this match that Brighton are blunt up top and they essentially beat themselves tonight like they have done all season.

Plus I am not sure what Potter was playing at with his line up today, but I will take it.

Either Welbeck or Maupay gives us trouble today and that's 2 games in a row now where the opposition team for whatever reason didn't play their best striker.

I wasn't particularly encouraged by what I've seen over the two matches and Auba is a bit of a concern.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I've always said it's a top 8 squad and I am glad we got the win but I'm not getting carried away.

I said before this match that Brighton are blunt up top and they essentially beat themselves tonight like they have done all season.

Plus I am not sure what Potter was playing at with his line up today, but I will take it.

Either Welbeck or Maupay gives us trouble today and that's 2 games in a row now where the opposition team for whatever reason didn't play their best striker.

I wasn't particularly encouraged by what I've seen over the two matches and Auba is a bit of a concern.
Zzzzzzz

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Wins are all that matters at this points. Sooner we get away from the bottom three, then we can start studying performances a bit closer. A couple of signings will help too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I know Arteta has relatively little choice right now but holy sh*t this has to end as soon as possible. There's something to work with with the four attacking players from today, but it's not gonna get very far if this is what's feeding them.

EqbjJxGXMAMiqoT

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I cant understand the priase he getting tonight? He looked one of poorer peformers to me.

Give me McGinn over him anyday (who has been excellent this season).

What do you like about him? Looks like Tierney playing as a winger to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom