• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Tuesday December 29th | KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
First half pure strain appalling Artetaball second half much better. Thought we would pay for the missed chances.

It’s has to be said, Brighton’s attacking play was abysmal - don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I don't understand how Giroud and Welbeck didn't come on last 2 games. :lol:
our ex players love scoring vs us

silent_shadow

Established Member
Yeah, and playing who instead? Crap Ceballos

I despise Xhaka but our options are terrible
The manager sent off both Guendouzi and Torreira and brought Xhaka and Elneny back from the brink of isolation. Also had the chance to buy other midfielders. But this is what we're stuck with. And now he starts this duo even for games against lower-table teams who sit back.

I also just saw Xhaka's thread has been bumped with praise after this performance. I despair. I can't face it anymore.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The general feeling is football has become boring. Its more important not to lose and that combined with academies designed to produce passing football they create this safe possession monster. Possession for defence.

So much of football is now individual brilliance outside the confines of training and academy football. It's why guys like Saka and South Americans are so exciting. They've had an education outside of that environment and with that comes this individualism to the game.
Agree on the game becoming boring. Players are overcoached from too young an age. I agree to about the South Americans but as they come to Europe even earlier, the numbers of exciting players lessens as they fall in line with European ethos. A Deschamps/Wenger/Bielsa AI coach would be ideal.

shoot for the top

I can't buy the soundness of this take when there are teams like Bayern who play a very methodical style of football and are very exciting still. A proper academy will want to instill those values in its players but not hinder special talents, and I find it dubious this has somehow perished from football.

Liverpool only became like that because of Klopp. A competent manager will bring you better football.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
First half pure strain appalling Artetaball second half much better. Thought we would pay for the missed chances.

It’s has to be said, Brighton’s attacking play was abysmal - don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

Teamtalk before match:

*Be calm don't get overconfident*

Teamtalk at halftime;

*You do know you are allowed to play like you did against Chelsea, right?*

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Playing like this we'll lose more points than we'll gain so no point even thinking about top 6 until performances improves drastically.
I think the problem is very clear and we all know it the midfield is not great and apart from Saka our creativity just very bad i think 2nd half of season will be better Partey will be fit and we'll likely get 2 creative midfielders

silent_shadow

Established Member
There is a lot of boring football around, but to be honest I don't remember ever seeing so much positive attacking football from so many teams in the premier league...

It used to be us and a a couple of other top teams like Man Utd and City late on that played exciting football. Most of the other sides just sat back and played conservatively. Now you have the likes of Leeds, Villa, Wolves, etc all going for it.

Even bleeding Stoke tried to change their style of play. It would be great if this timing didn't coincide with our conservative stale play making us one of the most boring teams in the league, while those with far less resources run rings around us. It's sad to see.

shoot for the top

There is a lot of boring football around, but to be honest I don't remember ever seeing so much positive attacking football from so many teams in the premier league...

It used to be us and a a couple of other top teams like Man Utd and City late on that played exciting football. Most of the other sides just sat back and played conservatively. Now you have the likes of Leeds, Villa, Wolves, etc all going for it.

Even bleeding Stoke tried to change their style of play. It would be great if this timing didn't coincide with our conservative stale play making us one of the most boring teams in the league, while those with far less resources run rings around us. It's sad to see.

Attacking football really is prevalent in the Premier League right now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The manager sent off both Guendouzi and Torreira and brought Xhaka and Elneny back from the brink of isolation. Also had the chance to buy other midfielders. But this is what we're stuck with. And now he starts this duo even for games against lower-table teams who sit back.

I also just saw Xhaka's thread has been bumped with praise after this performance. I despair. I can't face it anymore.

Torreira's rubbish :lol: Guendouzi has a lot of flaws. Neither of them is saving us.

Mohamed7

Bissouma would be a prime target if it weren't for the AFCON angle. Such a good all-around midfielder. Would make some duo with Partey.
I don't think he would start alongside Partley unless it's against another top 6 team. He's a proper DM with extreme calmness under press and can distribute relatively well.

Playing with both against other teams would take away a lot from our attack.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Having watched Bissouma a few times now, I don't think we need him. Hes a class player, but he does the same job as Partey. We don't need to sign a deep midfield player given the other glaring issues in the team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Graham Potter a fraud btw. Gets a lot of praise but at the end of the day Brighton have gotten worse since Hughton left. Think they've spent quite a lot as well.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Roberto Holdini and Mari very good and can argue for either being MOTM.

Tierney as always was good.

Saka had sloppy passing in the first but took the game by the scruff the neck and gave us the drive in the second half.

ESR - Really like the look of him. Intelligent off the ball movement, great link up play, high work rate and great engine.

Lacca - Lacca's haters seemed annoyed that we've won. Player agenda on this forum is ridiculous. Clearly should be starting as the CF with his peformances and PEA's poor form.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Torreira's rubbish :lol: Guendouzi has a lot of flaws. Neither of them is saving us.
Would take them over the current duo for these games 9 days out of 10.

But personal opinion aside, Arteta still could've gone for other midfielders in the transfer window but chose to give Xhaka and Elneny their careers at the club back when they both looked out the door. And now he selects them. So this falls on him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Bright had more shots than us. :lol: Similar possession as well.

Youre right I forgot about the 1st half. As the game went on and they needed to equalise they got worse, we held onto a one goal lead without elevating my blood pressure to dangerous levels, which is extremely unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom