• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Brandt

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think Brandt is alright but yeah there's too many red flags about this deal that worry me. If you play in the Bundesliga and Bayern aren't at least interested in you then I have to wonder. Xhaka, Kolasinac, Havertz and Werner in recent years and you can see why they never moved for them.
Apparently Dortmund only value him at 25 million Euros. They spent that amount last year so I do find it strange that they aren't looking for a profit on this guy. 24 years old, no serious injuries, still a lengthy contract and a German international, you would think 40 million would be the starting offer. Maybe its because I've been burned by the Pepe deal but I would go for Buendia and look elsewhere.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I know Brandt can also play on the left side, not sure about Buendia. We should target someone who won't be playing only as AMC, better to go with someone who can rotate over 2-3 positions

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Stats (G+A - PK per 90) + Ball Progression per 90 (yards via progressive carries and passes) + Passes completed per 90 + Defensive Contribution per 90 (Successful Pressures + Tackles + Interception)

Pepe, Inside Forward (RW), Lille Ligue 1
Age 22 = 0.54 + 235 yards + 25.5 passes completed + 4.7 defensive actions
Age 23 = 0.65 + 301 yards + 27 passes completed + 4.8 defensive actions

Brandt, Advanced Playmaker (CM/CAM), Leverkusen/Dortmund Bundesliga
Age 22 = 0.61 + 427 yards + 49 passes completed + 6 defensive actions
Age 23 = 0.41 + 364 yards + 57 passes completed + 8.9 defensive actions

For 25 million I would buy Brandt easy, although there is some risk due to his lack of ambition. I thin young people like Saka, Martinelli, will help him adapt better and he won't have to be a leader with all these hungry youngsters, he just need to focus on his own football.
The talent of the German, on the other hand, is undeniable, already spoken and he has already several caps with the Germany main team with only 24 years old.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
I know Brandt can also play on the left side, not sure about Buendia. We should target someone who won't be playing only as AMC, better to go with someone who can rotate over 2-3 positions

Brandt operates in the center position but more on the left, Buendia can do the same but he is a more natural "winger" and operates more on the right. I think Brandt is a better fit to play in the space left by Martinelli/Aubameyang; while Buendia could collide with Saka if the latter remains as a RW.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Brandt operates in the center position but more on the left, Buendia can do the same but he is a more natural "winger" and operates more on the right. I think Brandt is a better fit to play in the space left by Martinelli/Aubameyang; while Buendia could collide with Saka if the latter remains as a RW.
In that case, Brandt is definitely a better option. We could also play with ESR-Brandt and have Partey behind them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lol, what's the point then, we already have Saka, Pepe and Willian there? Not sure why so many fans want him if that's the case

Buendia is more of a playmaker and works well in central areas. Pepe seems completely out of favour under Mikel, so you'd say that Buendia, ESR, Saka and Willian would be rotation between the 10 and RW.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Buendia isn't a RW, he's a CAM.
He operates as a CAM but have predominantly played at RW for Norwich. Just like Cantwell plays LW. They both have the freedom to roam and both of them attack the half spaces and middle more than sticking out wide.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Buendia mainly plays RW.

This may be technically accurate, but it's misleading without context. Buendia plays much more centrally than a regular winger does, he's as much of a CAM as he is a RW. He seemed to be more effective as a CAM whenever I watched Norwich last season, also.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is why I have so much respect for the club in a professional sense, they really try to build a team full of c*nts... which helps you win things.

Do they? Or do we call passionate people who show commitment to their craft "****s" now? Which one of Lewandowski, Müller, Coman, Goretzka, Kimmich, Alaba or Davies is the "****" that you are referring to?

Sorry, but this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I keep seeing so many posts that think the formula to success is to recruit ****s or pricks to the team, to me that's not what makes those players/teams successful.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For Saka's age he is clutch, he drives the team forward with his performances alone and hes only a kid. Stop acting like I'm saying Saka is on Ronaldo's level or is ever going to be on his level, I'm just pointing out players who don't shy away from challenges. Saka has been our most consistent player for a year now, thats an achievement for a kid in this terrible predicament we are in. I even made sure to vary the quality of the players I listed to prevent a simple drone like you commenting about it and you still fell for the trap.

I'm not surprised, you're one of the most moodiest ***** on the forum anyway.
You said Ronaldo, Vardy and Saka.....come on now. You are comparing him to players who has done it for years and maybe one of if not the greatest attacking player. Lets slow down with Saka. There is no such thing he is just a kid. He is a senior player and gets judged as one. So he has 3 goals and 1 assists in the league. judge him on that

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Do they? Or do we call passionate people who show commitment to their craft "****s" now? Which one of Lewandowski, Müller, Coman, Goretzka, Kimmich, Alaba or Davies is the "****" that you are referring to?

Sorry, but this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I keep seeing so many posts that think the formula to success is to recruit ****s or pricks to the team, to me that's not what makes those players/teams successful.
It's not really an insult to them in any way. I can be a c*nt when I play football, it is usually exerted by quite passionate people.

We have experienced ****ness vs Bayern first hand :lol: I remember when they beat us like 3-0 at the Emirates and were chatting **** about us all week in the press. We made it 2-0 late at the Allianz in the second leg and Neuer just jumped on the ball holding onto it not letting us having it back. They're kinda arrogant winners and very sore losers (we see this hatred of losing with Klopp also) and I think it sets a tone in the dressing room.

My friend's cousin is a close friend of Özil and apparently the egos in the German national team are massive, a lot of "c*nts" as said by my friend :lol: its not really an insult in a footballing sense tbh. I mean it in a way where they are so desperate to win they are just beasts mentally and physically on the pitch, tryna get any edge or decisions.

It is the literal opposite of Arsenal for me in the last decade and a half.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You said Ronaldo, Vardy and Saka.....come on now. You are comparing him to players who has done it for years and maybe one of if not the greatest attacking player. Lets slow down with Saka. There is no such thing he is just a kid. He is a senior player and gets judged as one. So he has 3 goals and 1 assists in the league. judge him on that
No because I was exclusively talking about rising to the occasion and not hiding. I was never talking about their ability. There are players in semi pro football who 'rise to the occasion', I have a friend who is so good at it. and we only play at Powerleague vs other teams. Its not really about your ability its kind of about your mental strength, how much you believe in your ability. If I ignored Ronaldo and just went for Vardy, Saka and another good but not iconic player you wouldn't have batted an eye lid, but Ronaldo is obvsiously on another level and I guess you assumed I was putting them on his, which I didnt mean. Ronaldo is more clutch than them too, but I felt like I had to include him because he is the pinnacle.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's not really an insult to them in any way. I can be a c*nt when I play football, it is usually exerted by quite passionate people.

We have experienced ****ness vs Bayern first hand :lol: I remember when they beat us like 3-0 at the Emirates and were chatting **** about us all week in the press. We made it 2-0 late at the Allianz in the second leg and Neuer just jumped on the ball holding onto it not letting us having it back. They're kinda arrogant winners and very sore losers (we see this hatred of losing with Klopp also) and I think it sets a tone in the dressing room.

My friend's cousin is a close friend of Özil and apparently the egos in the German national team are massive, a lot of "c*nts" as said by my friend :lol: its not really an insult in a footballing sense tbh. I mean it in a way where they are so desperate to win they are just beasts mentally and physically on the pitch, tryna get any edge or decisions.

It is the literal opposite of Arsenal for me in the last decade and a half.

I got what you meant, it's just that it's a pet peeve of mine when people refer to virtues as vices, and vices as virtues, and doing so in this context is quite common in English football lingo for some reason.

It's not that I disagree with you, that constant appetite is what I love about Bayern and German football, and what I lament the lack thereof in Arsenal also.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom