• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Brandt

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Whoever doesn't outright block ESR but provides cover for when he gets his inevitable injury/injuries is all I ask.

Surely this can be arranged?

Why not use our existing options Willian or Özil? don't shoot I am just asking.

SkyArsenal

Loan him until summer and then reasses.

Did he do well enough to buy him, buy him!

If he didn’t , at least you’ve got a rotational player for ESR and possibly the left wing.

I see no real downsides to this, especially since Eriksen and Buendia are not gonna happen and Isco is even more out of form than any of them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think we don't need waste much time on Buendia seem they don't want to sell they asking for 40M too much for championship player we could've got Aouar if we added 5M who is french international and play in top club. we need to get to plan B either convince Norwich for 20M plus player or just spend 20M and get Brandt we don't have much choice. i'd honestly wait for summer but that put too much pressure on ESR and his fitness level.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

i think we don't need waste much time on Buendia seem they don't want to sell they asking for 40M too much for championship player we could've got Aouar if we added 5M who is french international and play in top club. we need to get to plan B either convince Norwich for 20M plus player or just spend 20M and get Brandt we don't have much choice. i'd honestly wait for summer but that put too much pressure on ESR and his fitness level.
Buendia is better player than aouar though. He just plays in lower level

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buendia is better player than aouar though. He just plays in lower level
Could be but Aouar played in CL with national team and at top club like Lyon the price Norwich set for Buendia is bit unrealistic imo.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Could be but Aouar played in CL with national team and at top club like Lyon the price Norwich set for Buendia is bit unrealistic imo.
Haaland played in Austria and adapted nicely to everything. Many people were saying ESR played only against Dundalk, but looks like he can play against any team in the world. I honestly don't care where did they play, it's all about talent and quality in the end and players will come from different environments

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Loan is perfect. I think we can perhaps sign better players in the summer, but for now he would give us some depth and not cost too much either (Eriksen, Isco etc will be on high wages).

SkyArsenal

Loan is perfect. I think we can perhaps sign better players in the summer, but for now he would give us some depth and not cost too much either (Eriksen, Isco etc will be on high wages).
Exactly!

And in the case he does unexpectedly well with us, we can still buy him in the summer.
(At least he’s rotation, moreso than Özil or playing Laca there; and at best he’s a real help)

Bloodbather

Established Member

Haaland played in Austria and adapted nicely to everything. Many people were saying ESR played only against Dundalk, but looks like he can play against any team in the world. I honestly don't care where did they play, it's all about talent and quality in the end and players will come from different environments

Most people were saying the same stuff here when United were about to sign Bruno Fernandes, also. Just had a look through my posting history recently, felt good to see that I have bragging rights on that transfer.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Mmh, that sucks, if true.
I really want us to at least bid for Buendia and see whether he pushes for it then.

But if that doesn't go through, loaning Brandt with option to buy was a perfect deal.
I mean, the guy was probably one of the best 3 players with Dortmund last season, can play multiple positions and could still make it to worldclass if he pushes on.

Not my first choice, but a very very good solution for a winter window.

REWB

Either way I dont see this happening unless Brandt pushes for a loan more to get more football. But to me it looks like he seems content on just being a bench player this season. I dont blame him, moving is hard work.

Maybe he isnt someone with the right mentality/hunger anyway

SkyArsenal

Ob
Seems a bit like putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. Emre Can is the natural replacement for Witsel.
Obviously, but if Dortmund don’t wanna push around Guerreiro again, the only have Can, Delaney, Bellingham and Brandt for CM.

Of course they’re different types, but 4 players for 2 positions is already kinda thin, especially when you are still playing CL!

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom