• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw UEL R16 1st Leg: Sporting CP 2 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday, March 9 | KO: 17:45 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

0-1515616926-width640height480.jpg

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why piss your pants over an away draw in Europe, it’s fine, just turn up for the PL at the weekend.
I think it’s more how leggy we looked. Been conceding a lot of chances and soft goals of late too. Like Mustafi/Kola-esque stuff.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We are total crap at corners. Both taking and defending them. Is it because our players are quite small?
We went through a spell where we were really good now we've just reverted to type. Was it 17 or 18 we took against Bournemouth and zero to show for it.

sub_sub

Why did Saka play? Why did Martinelli play?

These boys are exhausted! Give them a rest! We don't need them in the Europa.

Arteta - USE YOUR BRAIN!

We want a performance on Sunday against Fulham - and DON'T you dare use Europa as an excuse for a draw/defeat.
We are short of options, who else would play striker for us? I'm not sure ESR can play a whole game.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Why did Saka play? Why did Martinelli play?

These boys are exhausted! Give them a rest! We don't need them in the Europa.

Arteta - USE YOUR BRAIN!

We want a performance on Sunday against Fulham - and DON'T you dare use Europa as an excuse for a draw/defeat.
If we want to compete in the CL next season we need our first 11 to juggle playing in Europe and then Saturday/ Sunday well. That is the expectation with Arsenal.

Look at United today in the EL. Their main first 11 is playing and have played the most games out of any team after the World Cup

Uncle Good-Advice

Not a popular opinion, however I think that Saka should be on the bench against Fulham and used as a supersub if needed.

I'm not saying that I'm going to underestimate Fulham but we're good offensively even without Bukayo and second leg against Sporting is far more important than Craven Cottage.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If we want to compete in the CL next season we need our first 11 to juggle playing in Europe and then Saturday/ Sunday well. That is the expectation with Arsenal.

Look at United today in the EL. Their main first 11 is playing and have played the most games out of any team after the World Cup

Ours might be more because we are mainly competing for this and as we need a response after last weekend.

If we were in Arsenal’s position in the league, I wouldn’t want Rashford and Casemiro starting an EL game.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Tired game. Mix of first teamers that needed a rest and bench players who are rusty. Martinelli and Saka needed to not play all of that. Ben White looked exhausted. Not great.

Need Trossard, Eddie and Jesus back ASAP

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'll take the draw. Martinelli, Saka, Xhaka, Saliba and White only starters to play a full match.

Of them only Saka hasn't had rest lately. Xhaka sat down last match. Martinelli was sat down for Trossard and Saliba barely played early Europa games. White been resting also.

Saka the only player playing all the minutes, but he seems like he can handle it.

Kiwior and Turner looked rusty. ESR looks like he is getting sharper at the right time. We need our 3 forwards back.

Tom Mix

Arteta seem not happy with easy goals we conceding and we should improve
Arteta only has himself to blame. He is overplaying key players and stifling others with lack of opportunities. There is a coldness required to prioritise and not be sidetracked which he is not showing.

Yeah sure next year we will have to juggle PL and CL and you know what? We won't win either. But this year we have a chance to win the PL for the first time in 19 years and we owe it to ourselves to give that our best shot. The likeliest outcome if we don't do that is that we won't win anything.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

What do you mean? 2 of our 3 goals came from corners.
Should have made myself clearer, I mean a clean connection on a corner where we've scored. Like Saliba tonight. The Bournemouth ones were more clearances which could have landed anywhere.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

I'll take the draw. Martinelli, Saka, Xhaka, Saliba and White only starters to play a full match.

Of them only Saka hasn't had rest lately. Xhaka sat down last match. Martinelli was sat down for Trossard and Saliba barely played early Europa games. White been resting also.

Saka the only player playing all the minutes, but he seems like he can handle it.

Kiwior and Turner looked rusty. ESR looks like he is getting sharper at the right time. We need our 3 forwards back.

I dunno, maybe White's carrying a knock but been a bit off for a while and seemed exhausted at the end of that game

Definitely agree on needing forwards back. Both for rest and success

Artemis

Yeah and it absolutely shows that United played the most games out of any time after the World Cup.

You just have to look at the league table. They're 14 points behind us LOL

To win the League Title, you either need to have a massive squad like Man City. Or you need to dump all the other competitions.

Can't you see that the only season where Liverpool won the League Title ahead of Man City was the season where Liverpool got eliminated in the second round of the Champions League and then the League fixtures were SUSPENDED for a short while because of COVID-19?

Every other season they had no chance! Because Liverpool couldn't juggle a League campaign with other trophy campaigns as easily as Man City can with their oil-funded massive squad.

Please use your brain 🧠

Jurgen Klopp tried to remedy this last season when he increased the size of the squad and even bought Diaz in January so he can compete on 4 fronts - but they fell short in the two major trophies (Premier League and Champions League) and only picked up the two minor ones.

What's the lesson that needs to be learned? Think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom