• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 7 (Sep 30-Oct 3)

Melquiades

Its because its not an error, its match fixing in the open. If anyone believes that explanation ur naive and I feel sorry for you all.

Match-fixing was the September 2022 Arsenal-United game when two referees from Manchester were somehow assigned to that fixture and then made a never-seen-before-never-seen-again call to go way back in the play to steal a goal for an innocuous ‘foul’ in the buildup.

I don’t know what the hell this is. It’s so blatantly stupid that part of me thinks it must just be mindblowing incompetence.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So we're to believe that he thought they were checking an allowed goal and then when he saw that Hooper had disallowed the goal, he wasn't capable of using the com system that has him in his ear for the entire match to say he'd made a mistake and there was no offside? LMAO they really think we're all dumb. Liverpool should pursue criminal charges. They have an instant communication and it could have been rectified immediately. This was done on purpose and it's a disgrace.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Not buying it for the reasons stated already and also, they pretty much always draw and show the offside lines. So, I’m expected to believe they thought it was onside and were too scared to fix the miscommunication, and conveniently also at the same time just so happened to not draw the laws for millions to see?

Na, that’s rubbish. Now I am genuinely concerned about something fishy going in with such a stupid excuse being laid out to the public…

Melquiades

So we're to believe that he thought they were checking an allowed goal and then when he saw that Hooper had disallowed the goal, he wasn't capable of using the com system that has him in his ear for the entire match to say he'd made a mistake and there was no offside? LMAO they really think we're all dumb. Liverpool should pursue criminal charges. They have an instant communication and it could have been rectified immediately. This was done on purpose and it's a disgrace.

But the thing is, if I was a ref and I was fixing a result in one team’s favour I would never use something as cut/dried as this.

You can call/not call penalties and easily swing a game that way because there’s so much grey area there, and same with carding players. The Van Persie red was garbage, but it was garbage that a corrupt ref could still defend by the letter of the law.

This is just … a clownshow. The absolute best-case you get from intentionally ignoring protocols in such a big game like this to fix a black/white decision is that you get branded incompetent and suspended and risk your job. There is no defensibility for it and it’s hard to imagine anyone trying to be cunning enough to fix results would go that route … which makes me lean toward the ridiculous incompetence explanation actually being true.

So freaking weird.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
But the thing is, if I was a ref and I was fixing a result in one team’s favour I would never use something as cut/dried as this.

You can call/not call penalties and easily swing a game that way because there’s so much grey area there, and same with carding players. The Van Persie red was garbage, but it was garbage that a corrupt ref could still defend by the letter of the law.

This is just … a clownshow. The absolute best-case you get from intentionally ignoring protocols in such a big game like this to fix a black/white decision is that you get branded incompetent and suspended and risk your job. There is no defensibility for it and it’s hard to imagine anyone trying to be cunning enough to fix results would go that route … which makes me lean toward the ridiculous incompetence explanation actually being true.

So freaking weird.
I get what you're saying, it's too stupid to be intentional but my counter argument is that corrupt entities all over the world are corrupt right in our faces because they know they can get away with it. Referees in all sports are protected like the last white Tiger or something. When you basically make it so that they have absolute authority and any criticism of them can result in a fine or even suspension, is it that far outside the realm of possibility to think that they internalize that and believe they can get away with even the most blatant corruption?

Beyond that, when they see the "punishments" doled out to offenders which is usually a week off (probably paid), is that enough of a deterrent to offset what could be lucrative bribes? I don't think so. I think we have a huge systemic problem in England with the referees and no amount of new technology or joke "punishments" are going to fix the issue. There needs to be an independent review as well as someone with the power to subpoena bank records and do a real dig into every PGMOL official's finances.

It might be the case that the findings are ugly and embarrassing for the FA and PGMOL but if anyone there cares about the integrity of the game, it's the only way forward. Hollow apologies to aggrieved parties and slaps on the wrist for repeat offenders are not going to cut it. Something has to change or we have no choice but to assume the "mistakes" are a feature rather than a bug.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Hate being conspiratorial, but that explanation beggars belief. Up there with forgetting to draw the lines when checking for an offside. That level of incompetence is unbelievable.

I don’t even know what’s more frightening - that there’s blatant referee corruption, or that the lack of accountability at the PGMOL has created an environment where referees this bad are elevated to the EPL.

blaze_of_glory

Hate being conspiratorial, but that explanation beggars belief. Up there with forgetting to draw the lines when checking for an offside. That level of incompetence is unbelievable.

I don’t even know what’s more frightening - that there’s blatant referee corruption, or that the lack of accountability at the PGMOL has created an environment where referees this bad are elevated to the EPL.
This is actually why I believe it lol.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
TDLR: I have to check my arrogance towards transition based teams. They have their place at the top of football. My bad, my bad.

Looking at some post game analysis of Sp**s v Liverpool, and I realised I had missed the boat a bit with Liverpool’s tactics.

Liverpool were purposefully looking to bypass central areas and look to go more direct to their front line. They knew Sp**s wanted to get the game won in central areas so as to free up the wide spaces for a quick switch and cut back.

I know I mentioned that transitional ball isn’t all that. But I must respect that this is Liverpool by design and what makes them such a deadly side, both now and in years gone by.

Counter attack ball has its place, we can’t all just play like City.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This explanation is crap. How long until you see the score is not 0-1 to Liverpool and call down saying there has been a miscommunication? 10 seconds? This just makes me believe its corruption. Didnt they call back United to take a penalty after the final whistle had blown a while back? If they can do that they certainly can give the goal 10 seconds later anyway.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think it’s more unwillingness to admit they’ve made a mistake in real time than match fixing.

They only really come out after the match when you can do nothing about the result and it’s undeniable after replays etc.

There is a real us and them mentality instead of a collaborative one with PGMOL.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s more and more obvious that the PL have decided to fix it for Sp**s this season.

Liverpool should take their complaints to Elon. The most fixed match EVER seen.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Balance is shifting tbh. All those offside goals Liverpool used to score and the Redcards they avoided (remember Mane's regular elbow throwing) are now catching up to them.

steppenwolf

Established Member
Re second Wolves goal - the guy who got the assist didn't try to swivel and shoot but instead saw that the guy who he got the ball from is home free. Great vision in a split second.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom