• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

07/08 Arsenal vs 22/23

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Nope. Do your homework mate. The 94/95 team finished 12th. Remember the premier league existed before Wenger FFS !

Not to mention 17, 18, 19, 20, 21?

While I agree that 12 + 13 were teams that could not bring out much excitement, we still managed top four and had some decent players. RvP still with us in 12 too who carried us a long way.

GoonerJay24

If you go man for man there’s better players across the board in this team than any team we’ve had since maybe 2008.

Imo, the 2014-2016 teams are better than the current side and 2008 team. Reason being, they won trophies and also challenged for titles but severe injury crisis hindered that.

GoonerJay24

Of the players that made the most apps in 07/08 -

Clichy vs Zinchenko/Kiwior - I’d have Clichy
Adebayor vs Jesus/Eddie - I’d have Ade
Fabregas vs Ødegaard - I’d have Fabregas
Gallas vs Gabriel - I’d have Gabriel
Hleb vs Havertz - Hleb for now
Toure vs Saliba - Saliba for me
Sagna vs White - Sagna at the moment
Flamini vs Rice - no brainer on Rice
Walcott vs Saka - Bukayo all day
Almunia vs Raya - Raya
Ben10ner vs Martinelli/Trossard - the latter

It’s fairly even. I think we have a deeper squad when fit right now. But it’s fairly even on paper and was also fairly even point tally wise.

Rosicky, Gilberto, Diaby, Eduardo, RVP, Diarra was a good young midfielder too.

The old Emirates teams would smoke these guys all day

GoonerJay24

11-12 and 12-13 is our weakest team in the pl era, 23-24 is better than the overrated "invincibles".

2011-2012 is in our top 10 Premier League seasons for me, considering the context, money spent, and how we managed to turn things around to finish third. A really good year, with top coaching by Wenger, RVP was fantastic as well. However, no trophies, that's really what it's all about.

For me, our worst year has to be 2020/2021. I'm too young to remember how we were before '96/'97.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Imo, the 2014-2016 teams are better than the current side and 2008 team. Reason being, they won trophies and also challenged for titles but severe injury crisis hindered that.
The injury crisis in 15/16 was a red herring, this was the team at Old Trafford that lost having been within two points of Leicester:
Untitled.jpg

Outside of Santi, that was the strongest team available after Mertesacker got dropped. They just bottled it, that team would lose comfortably to the current side. They’d create nothing and get undone by a mistake(s) by the back 5.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As a fanbase/forum, we shouldn't be tolerating any ridiculous negative posting about the Arsenal teams of the late 90s/early 00s.

Do City and Chelsea fans have a go at their best teams because they built them with illegal means, do United/Pool play down their best sides because the refs had their back... no, they just keep telling the world how great they are.

That's what we should be doing ffs, backing our legendary teams... anyone saying the Invincibles were overrated (especially an Arsenal fan) needs a permanent ban on here, imho!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Alright, seems like we have different ideas on the best teams, at least in the Emirates era.

What would you say are your top 3 teams since we've been at the Emirates?

Tnegs

2011-2012 is in our top 10 Premier League seasons for me, considering the context, money spent, and how we managed to turn things around to finish third. A really good year, with top coaching by Wenger, RVP was fantastic as well. However, no trophies, that's really what it's all about.

For me, our worst year has to be 2020/2021. I'm too young to remember how we were before '96/'97.

I 82 be the one to remind you but 11/12 was the year we were obliterated and humiliated at Old Trafford by a Utd team containing Welbeck, Young, Cleverly, Anderson and Evans. That team and the 08/09 side with overrated rubbish like Diaby, Denilson, Song, Bendter and fkin Almunia in goal would struggle to finish top 8 in this league.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Alright, seems like we have different ideas on the best teams, at least in the Emirates era.

14/15
07/08
22/23

... current season isn't finished yet so can't judge them, if they win the Premier League or Champions League then they go to that number 1 spot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

07/08

10/11

22/23 probably edges out 14/15 because of how poorly they started the season. While 15/16 crashed too much.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom