• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

07/08 Arsenal vs 22/23

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not to forget they had one of the 🐐 managing their side and who has adapted his to this current day. I’m sure if whiskey nose was managing right now he’d be looking out of touch in the PL which is probably one of the factors behind why he called it quits.

Carlo Ancelotti has transitioned through different eras of football and still remained relevant.

The amount of times United were just outclassed in Europe while dominating the PL is crazy.

In 90s elminted by Galatasaray, Monaco and Dortmund and didn't make it out of the group one year. 00 Real, Bayern 01, 02 Leverkusen, Real in 03 battered them, 04 out to Porto, Milan in 05, group stage exit in 06, Milan in 07. Outclassed by Barca in finals twice, beaten by Bayern in 10, group stage exit in 12 but massively battered by Bilbao under Bielsa in EL. 13 Madrid. Maybe they were all on drugs?

The two times they won it under Fergie was with two goals in added time and the other against PL opposition. It's why I put Fergie in the GOAT discussion within the PL bubble, because how can he be so dominant domestically but they always end up faltering in Europe the majority of tne time?

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is the best squad, but it’s going to be the best squad given the conditions and environment. Previous squads had no funding and were built on a budget. This Arteta era is the first period in our Emirates stay where we have splashed whatever cash that is needed.

I’m talking about starting eleven’s, this team simply doesn’t have qualifying of probably all of our previous teams.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That Flamini, Helb, Nasri, Rosicky, Cesc, Ade, RvP etc team was our best Emirates team by far.

Full of great footballers. That was a way more talented team than we got now.

Don’t forget you’re comparing an era where we had pennies to now where money is simply not an issue anymore.

Controversial opinion Im sure, but technically, that was our best period ever for me, even from the Highbury days. I have been watching us ball since the late 90s.

Difficult to find better players than Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie, Diaby, Wilshere, Eduardo, Vela, Diarra. We went into overdrive with football skills during those years.

Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Reyes are some of the standouts from pre-Emirates time.

Even our so called cloggers back then had good technique, think Adebayor, Bendner, Yaya Sanogo, Flamini, Denilson, Walcott.

GoonerJay24

I 82 be the one to remind you but 11/12 was the year we were obliterated and humiliated at Old Trafford by a Utd team containing Welbeck, Young, Cleverly, Anderson and Evans. That team and the 08/09 side with overrated rubbish like Diaby, Denilson, Song, Bendter and fkin Almunia in goal would struggle to finish top 8 in this league.

The achievement of finishing third was even more impressive given the season's start. We really rose to the challenge, and RVP was fantastic. The current league lacks the competitiveness of before. Are people watching a different game? Our 08-09 side, among the youngest teams in Premier League history, reached the Champions League semi-finals in one of the league's greatest eras. They wouldn't even reach the top 8 in today's league? Have a day off, honestly some of you .. Not only display a zero ball knowledge but disrespect the players and coach who built this club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The amount of times United were just outclassed in Europe while dominating the PL is crazy.

In 90s elminted by Galatasaray, Monaco and Dortmund and didn't make it out of the group one year. 00 Real, Bayern 01, 02 Leverkusen, Real in 03 battered them, 04 out to Porto, Milan in 05, group stage exit in 06, Milan in 07. Outclassed by Barca in finals twice, beaten by Bayern in 10, group stage exit in 12 but massively battered by Bilbao under Bielsa in EL. 13 Madrid. Maybe they were all on drugs?

The two times they won it under Fergie was with two goals in added time and the other against PL opposition. It's why I put Fergie in the GOAT discussion within the PL bubble, because how can he be so dominant domestically but they always end up faltering in Europe the majority of tne time?

When you break it down like that then his record in Europe looks laughable.

I know it might sound like I’m hating on their success (well, I am) but when you deep it even those two years they won the CL under Fergie they were very fortunate to do so. Bayern had the better of them in 99 and had they not collapsed in that fashion then we could be having a different discussion. The same goes for Chelsea too. They had enough chances to win the game even though that Utd team was stacked. Chelsea lost their heads when Drogba got sent off then main character syndrome had John Terry in a chokehold.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol:

I actually went back and watched the kid again, massively frustrating yes but the man had skills with his feet.

Could see why Wenger went for him.

He was super rated at Auxerre to be fair. Someone with his size and ability it was mostly injury that killed his career, he should at minimum be in the French league or championship.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That Flamini, Helb, Nasri, Rosicky, Cesc, Ade, RvP etc team was our best Emirates team by far.

Full of great footballers. That was a way more talented team than we got now.

Don’t forget you’re comparing an era where we had pennies to now where money is simply not an issue anymore.

That team bottled virtually every big game they were involved in and the majority stabbed Wenger in the back.

AM would lynch the current guys if they pulled some of the stunts that lot did.

Tnegs

The achievement of finishing third was even more impressive given the season's start. We really rose to the challenge, and RVP was fantastic. The current league lacks the competitiveness of before. Are people watching a different game? Our 08-09 side, among the youngest teams in Premier League history, reached the Champions League semi-finals in one of the league's greatest eras. They wouldn't even reach the top 8 in today's league? Have a day off, honestly some of you .. Not only display a zero ball knowledge but disrespect the players and coach who built this club.

The current league has multiple billionaire and state funded teams with 7-8 clubs looking to qualify for the CL. Liverpool have shown how hard it is to win the league even if you have a near perfect season because of how consistent City are with their financial doping and arguably GOAT manager.

08/09 had Moyes Everton and Villa as rivals for top 4. If you think it’s less competitive now you need to purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka and sort your head out.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That team bottled virtually every big game they were involved in and the majority stabbed Wenger in the back.

AM would lynch the current guys if they pulled some of the stunts that lot did.
You can argue this lot bottled the FA Cup and EL campaigns. Didn’t have a shot against Porto, which might cost us. This lot haven’t won anything to separate themselves.

mpower2540

The injury crisis in 15/16 was a red herring, this was the team at Old Trafford that lost having been within two points of Leicester:
Untitled.jpg

Outside of Santi, that was the strongest team available after Mertesacker got dropped. They just bottled it, that team would lose comfortably to the current side. They’d create nothing and get undone by a mistake(s) by the back 5.
No one will ever convince me 15/16 wasn't an absolute botch job

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Whilst the alternstive other deep progressing midfielders, Wilshere, Rosicky, and Arteta, missed the whole season too. Complete **** luck that.
It’s poor squad building to fill the side with so many injury prone players.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Imo, the 2014-2016 teams are better than the current side and 2008 team. Reason being, they won trophies and also challenged for titles but severe injury crisis hindered that.

No team challenged for a title in that era.
Then you don't know ball

It depends what your definition of a title challenge is.

Mine isn’t finishing on 71 points with 7 losses and just “challenging” until Christmas. Not once did it feel like we were going to win it that year.

GoonerJay24

The current league has multiple billionaire and state funded teams with 7-8 clubs looking to qualify for the CL. Liverpool have shown how hard it is to win the league even if you have a near perfect season because of how consistent City are with their financial doping and arguably GOAT manager.

08/09 had Moyes Everton and Villa as rivals for top 4. If you think it’s less competitive now you need to purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka and sort your head out.

All of that is foolishness. You mentioning billionaires and coaches but not the actual teams shows you don't have a clue lol. Football is about the ballers. Billionaires like Boehly, who don't know what they're doing, make the league easier.

Give your head a wobble, you fool. I doubt football is the sport for you

Tnegs

All of that is foolishness. You mentioning billionaires and coaches but not the actual teams shows you don't have a clue lol. Football is about the ballers. Billionaires like Boehly, who don't know what they're doing, make the league easier.

Give your head a wobble, you fool. I doubt football is the sport for you

Billionaires and coaches don’t affect the teams? What a dumb statement you think City and Chelsea are where they are today because a bunch of ballers woke up one day and decided they wanted to play for these nothing teams?

Anyway I’m not going to remain at your level with the childish insults. I’ve got nothing more to say to someone who can’t hold a conversation like a regular adult.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It is funny how the attacking prowess of previous Arsenal sides gets bought up.

Yet last seasons side with Jesus / Eddie leading the line outscored all of them and there's a good chance we beat that record this year with Havertz playing a significant role :lol:

Listen to Gdeep and our other attackers such as Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli etc are all average or overrated by Arsenal fans.

Makes you wonder how we can possibly be scoring the highest amount of goals we've ever scored in a PL season with so many average / overrated players.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The days when shef United and Burnley made Europe was the golden days they said. Burnley couldn’t even get past pre qualifying stage in Europa league after finishing 7th in the league

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom