• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's Bayern, Again ....CL R16 Draw | Monday 12th December | 11:00 GMT

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Historical Aggregate scores. corrected, thanks to @oliebol

2000/2001: Arsenal 2 - 3 Bayern (Henry, Kanu)
2004/2005: Arsenal 2 - 3 Bayern (Henry, Toure)
2013/2014: Arsenal 3 - 3 Bayern (Podolski, Giroud, Kosc)
2013/2014: Arsenal 1 - 3 Bayern (Podolski)
2015/2016: Arsenal 3 - 5 Bayern (Giroud, Özil)

French Guys: 6
German Guys: 3
African Guys: 2

Conclusion: Play Giroo, Özil, Pod and get Henry back. Also, we always gave them a fight...glorious failure and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

oliebol

Historical Aggregate scores:

2000/2001: Arsenal 2 - 3 Bayern (Henry, Kanu)
2004/2005: Arsenal 2 - 3 Bayern (Henry, Toure)
2013/2014: Arsenal 1 - 3 Bayern (Podolski)
2015/2016: Arsenal 1 - effin 7 Bayern (Giroud, Özil)

French Strikers: 4
African Guys: 2
German Guys: 2

Conclusion: Play Giroo, Özil, Pod and get Henry back.
Surely the last one was 3-5 on aggregate, we won 2-0 at home.

Also, you forgot 2012/13: Arsenal 3 - 3* Bayern (Podolski, Koscielny and Giroud)

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Almost no one mentioned how crucial it is that we finish the tie at the Emirates. Yes we have been ****e in the league at home this year but in European nights matters. Really the biggest advantage of finishing 1st in the groups. There was a stat mentioned by some few days ago of abou 65 per cent of the times the team in our position would go through
We will do them.
That stat isn't great. It skews the results because inevitably, the better teams finish top of their group and play weaker teams.

When you look at unseeded 2 legged fixtures in both the Champions and Europa League, the team that plays the second leg at home progresses 49% of the time.

Basically, the away goals rule is a bunch of ****ery and they need to get rid of it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think we can get away goal,but Ancelotti can change things until February.Bayern isn't know for some top defence,even in that great season 2012-13 they had some problems in that part.
2-1 would be redeemable but 3-1 or anything worse is tough & almost beyond repair. Wenger and his charges need to show for the 1st time in a long time that have the nous to go away to a tough European stadium & punch smart. Our defense will be under serious stress in this game & no matter what Bayern say, they'll feel confident they can take us (not surprisingly so).

SYS

Depends on our injury woes at the time. Our full strength first XI will give a tough challenge for anyone. We are not a leaky defence anymore

Polar Bear

Every year we get Bayern Munich or Barecelona.. its a bloody joke. Even if we finished 2nd we would have got Barecelona!!. Everyyyyyyyyy yearrrrrrrrrrr the same old crap. So tired of it.

We are gonna have to play amazingly well in both legs to go through. Need to try and get an away goals in the first leg. Also not listening to this is a bad Bayern side, I saw they only lost 1 game all season, I'm not falling for it. Its the worst draw we could have got, seems fixed.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
He stated a fact - but then again, I admit a certain amount of bias.
I don't think Arsenal's target is the QF. Our target is always to win, whether it will happen or not is another story but doesn't mean we lower our goals, this season even more so.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom