• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's Bayern, Again ....CL R16 Draw | Monday 12th December | 11:00 GMT

Axel_Gunner

Unless Santi is back we will get massacred. We are starting games at the moment with four players in key positions who are limited in the short passing game under pressure.

if we are able to put some pressure on bayern like we did on stoke after the penalty (i know stoke is sh*t compared to bayern) we might get away with it. You can see that in a lot of Bundesliga games of Bayern. They dont look that dangerous if you play a hard pressing. But most of the teams cant hold that level over 90 mins.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
if we are able to put some pressure on bayern like we did on stoke after the penalty (i know stoke is sh*t compared to bayern) we might get away with it. You can see that in a lot of Bundesliga games of Bayern. They dont look that dangerous if you play a hard pressing. But most of the teams cant hold that level over 90 mins.

I agree! High pressure off the get go could cause them havoc! Don't let them sit on the ball and keep possession. This will be crucial to press from the front so we need quick players OR we could hit them off on the counter. Looking at our current team I would start something like this:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi/Gab Kosc Gibbs
Coquelin Ramsey/Xhaka (better yet recall Jack :p)
Özil
Theo Alexis Ox

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've decided who I'm going to hospitalise. His name begins with T and ends with Y and has 6 letters. Sick of his moaning, tbf. If that doesn't work in the first leg, i'll try someone more important.
Good luck with that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As awful as it was watching Chelsea win the CL it was hilarious to see him score, then as he's substituted he starts celebrating like the game's over before Drogba scores literally a minute later. :lol:

And you know it must have been teh last time our very own Petr Cech saved an important penalty.
Petr was immense in saving a peno from Messi in semi and then from that diving baldie in final.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I agree! High pressure off the get go could cause them havoc! Don't let them sit on the ball and keep possession. This will be crucial to press from the front so we need quick players OR we could hit them off on the counter. Looking at our current team I would start something like this:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi/Gab Kosc Gibbs
Coquelin Ramsey/Xhaka (better yet recall Jack :p)
Özil
Theo Alexis Ox

You can't afford to start too many players who are not comfortable on the ball or are easily pressured vs Bayern. That would be suicidal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

And you know it must have been teh last time our very own Petr Cech saved an important penalty.
Petr was immense in saving a peno from Messi in semi and then from that diving baldie in final.

Didn't he pull off some worldies in the shoot out as well?

Off topic but I have found the stick Cech has got for his penalty saving to be hilarious. They're penalties ffs, the reaction times needed to save one are ridiculous.

When they are saved it's usually because the taker shat himself. Against us they're usually calmly slotted in the corner.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It feels like you have a two grandfathers on here.
Two?

And if Richard was my relative I wouldn't post on a forum. I would go through a joker like transformation and inflict suffering upon the world to cope with the pain.

TinFish

What dates are the games? I'm a little more confident this time, however if we show them too much respect in the first leg the tie will be over.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We have something they can't handle.

The craziest thing about this highlight is that this season I'm confident that Özil would take his chance better and Neuer wouldn't have a chance of saving it.

But if Neuer did pull of an amazing save, Ox would also finish that chance.

Little improvements like this can make a big difference in big matches.

And clearly Bellerin is still lightning fast.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

Okay they kind of bottled this. I mean Per and Welbeck haven't kicked a ball this season and they magically show up. But it's worth it for Alexis' face on Oscar's body. And it's gonna feel good when we knock them out. I wonder what all the pundits will say...I bet it'll sound like "well, Bayern aren't in their best form this season..." And I won't give a ****.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Okay they kind of bottled this. I mean Per and Welbeck haven't kicked a ball this season and they magically show up. But it's worth it for Alexis' face on Oscar's body. And it's gonna feel good when we knock them out. I wonder what all the pundits will say...I bet it'll sound like "well, Bayern aren't in their best form this season..." And I won't give a ****.
That's because that video was made last year for the Barca draw, I think.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom