• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

What work does he do? Turn the ball over when players are pushed up the field and thus are out of position. The bloke is utter trash and we are so much worse of with him in the team.

For what its worth when our midfield pairing has been just Xhaka and Ramsey we have scored 15 goals and conceded just 2. So not only are we expectedly better offensively we are heap better defensively as we are not regularly losing the ball due to simple errors, nor are teams confident in attacking us as we can punish them should they not be successful.
Sounds good, but you just mentioned 2 players that cannot be relied upon to be available. Ramsey only ever had one good season for the club and hopefully Xhaka will get his head down and be good for the club.

Such a shame that Elneny is away when we needed him most.

Tom9

Sounds good, but you just mentioned 2 players that cannot be relied upon to be available. Ramsey only ever had one good season for the club and hopefully Xhaka will get his head down and be good for the club.

Such a shame that Elneny is away when we needed him most.

Well thats one season more than Coquelin has had. Xhaka only needs to stay on his feet more. Ultimately though he has been punished for the awful sending off that he received earlier in the season. Was such a dumb thing to do by not challenging that decision.

karl

Well thats one season more than Coquelin has had. Xhaka only needs to stay on his feet more. Ultimately though he has been punished for the awful sending off that he received earlier in the season. Was such a dumb thing to do by not challenging that decision.
I agree with you, but Ramsey is not as good as you think and Coquelin not as bad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cazorla/Coq is basically a poorer version of Fabregas/Flamini.

Coq shouldn't be as close to the first team as a club of our stature but this is another case of fans over reacting.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
The 8-2 humiliation at Old Trafford should probably have been Francis Coquelin's last game for Arsenal.

If we're doing history revisionism, shouldn't have started that one either.

The ****er can't even do the only thing he was supposed to do well any longer.
Despite the mauling we got if you watch the game he was one of our better players that day.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I thought I was calling our players pretty well but I have to conceid, Coq has been horrible. When Pogba bounced him on his knee and told him he couldn't have his lollipop I got a bad feeling already and now he's been outmuscled by Eden ****ing Hazard. I said Kante had nothing on our boy Coq back in the summer ffs.

Ever since Theo's short lived revival I'm off my game, having hope for Ramsey, not feeling that bad that Giroud was starting again, please Ox continue your rise....

Get rid of all these limited jokesters and Wenger too ffs there's a lot of quality out there we don't need this bullshit.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The police officer ffs...

If Coq was in charge of maintaining the United States - Mexico border, it would have been called Los Estados Unidos by now.

eyoba

Hazard is one of those players with low center of gravity who is hard to dispose of the ball...just like Messi, Kante, Alexis and players like them. There is no shame in what happened on Saturday.
The fact is that we lost because we were not good enough all over the pitch. Alexis was one of our worst players on the pitch and Chelsea had all the players and the answers for every move we tried to implement. We didn't press them after the first five or ten minutes and Coquline was found out of position because he tried to press while the rest didn't follow suit. He wasn't great, in fact it was one of his worst performance, but it was a tactical problem from the manager.

karl

Cazorla/Coq is basically a poorer version of Fabregas/Flamini.

Coq shouldn't be as close to the first team as a club of our stature but this is another case of fans over reacting.
I can't see this and you probably still feel emotional after Saturday. With a little more height Santi would be one of the most enjoyable midfielders I have seen with his true 2 footed approach. Coquelin is not the best, but certainly above Flamini's last visit to Arsenal.

karl

Forget about him. For all the bluster about Wenger being a father to him, he simply didn't want to play for Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't see this and you probably still feel emotional after Saturday. With a little more height Santi would be one of the most enjoyable midfielders I have seen with his true 2 footed approach. Coquelin is not the best, but certainly above Flamini's last visit to Arsenal.

Coq is no where near Flamini's 06 and 07/08 performances. He was part of not only a record breaking CL run but a key player in one of our best midfields since the invincibles.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought I was calling our players pretty well but I have to conceid, Coq has been horrible. When Pogba bounced him on his knee and told him he couldn't have his lollipop I got a bad feeling already and now he's been outmuscled by Eden ****ing Hazard. I said Kante had nothing on our boy Coq back in the summer ffs.

Ever since Theo's short lived revival I'm off my game, having hope for Ramsey, not feeling that bad that Giroud was starting again, please Ox continue your rise....

Get rid of all these limited jokesters and Wenger too ffs there's a lot of quality out there we don't need this bullshit.

Watching the replay Coquelin actually pissed me off with the way he played . First that **** flick to no one in the middle of the park that started the counter Hazard scored from , then that pathetic attempt against Hazard and then he did identical against Moses . I won't be surprised if he is dropped .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Coq is no where near Flamini's 06 and 07/08 performances. He was part of not only a record breaking CL run but a key player in one of our best midfields since the invincibles.

We started to lost when we lost Flamini to injury that season . Eduardo and then Flamini was just too much .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom