• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

29 Wed UEFA Champions League A Manchester United 19:45

JGooner

Sagna ahead of Eboue all day long for me. I think he has been superb (again) this season, bar that insane Liverpool game when he clearly should not have been on the pitch.

hesham

Established Member
Sagna keeping Rooney quiet will be key in this game
will be happy with a score draw

Webdesignlab said:
- - - - - - - Almunia - - - - - -
Sagna - Touré - Djourou - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - -
- - - - Fabregas - - Diaby - - -
Walcott - - - - - - - - - - Nasri
- - - - - - - Adebayor - - - - -

Id go with that except Denilson in for Diaby, we need to be able to keep possession in midfield as much as possible...

qs

Established Member
Danish ref. Same guy who booked Toure for coming out of the tunnel late against Roma.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Somehow I think it will be more like:

- - - - Fabregas - Song - - - - - -
Walcott - - - Diaby - - -- - Nasri

actually I think it would be a good idea. Great team to hit them mercilessly on the break. Remember Fenerbahce away?

qs

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Somehow I think it will be more like:

- - - - Fabregas - Song - - - - - -
Walcott - - - Diaby - - -- - Nasri

actually I think it would be a good idea. Great team to hit them mercilessly on the break. Remember Fenerbahce away?

I think thats extremely likely but I'll be very disappointed if Diaby actually starts. At the moment thats my big fear for this match. I'd rather have Bendtner sit in there than Diaby even.

JGooner

qs said:
I think thats extremely likely but I'll be very disappointed if Diaby actually starts. At the moment thats my big fear for this match. I'd rather have Bendtner sit in there than Diaby even.

I agree 100%. Diaby is a liability who will never develop the footballing brains to play at this level. I'd actually be very happy for Bendtner to start, but then I rate him more than most.

asajoseph

Established Member
Bendtner as a wide midfielder is not a bad option - he still has an awful first touch, but if he has enough time to get the ball under control he can be a very dangerous, and most importantly hardworking player out there.

I'd take him over Diaby too.

patrick42uk

Established Member
So harsh on Abou, nobody is more a victim of his last game than this guy it seems. Yeah we are all disappointed with his Chelsea performance but his progress has been one of the bright sparks of this season.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
asajoseph said:
Bendtner as a wide midfielder is not a bad option - he still has an awful first touch, but if he has enough time to get the ball under control he can be a very dangerous, and most importantly hardworking player out there.

I'd take him over Diaby too.

Unlikley to get it in a Champions League Semi though Asa. I think personally I've given up on Nik so I'm biased as hell. He did well in the buildup for our first goal with an excellenet flick but I spent remainder of game wanting to poke my eyes out with a pencil every time ball came to him.

He's extremely average on the wings. Would I prefer Diaby - I think I'd sticj my neck out and say yes. :shocked: Diaby is capabale of brilliance or he can be extremely mediocre .... His surging run and finish against Villa for example is something I think - in my opinion - is beyond Nik.

Ironically it was in CL Qtr Final last season where people castigated the decision to put Diaby on the wing...of course he went on and scored in that game from memory (I've tried cancel those two nights from my mind...dont think I've ever felt as cheated)

thegame24

Established Member
Bentdner is a no no.

We want 3 things, pace, power, penetration. Diaby povides this and with song + Fabs behind him we shouldnt worry about losing the ball.

sam961gunners

Almunia

Sagna Toure Djourou Gibbs

Walcott Fabregas Song Nasri Eboue

Adebayor

Eboue's been in decent form, could help out Gibbs defensively aswell, would rather not start with Diaby or Denilson.

progman07

Established Member
sam961gunners said:
Almunia

Sagna Touré Djourou Gibbs

Walcott Fabregas Song Nasri Eboue

Adebayor

Eboue's been in decent form, could help out Gibbs defensively aswell, would rather not start with Diaby or Denilson.
Eboue as a left winger? :shock: Remember his last game there? Against Wigan...

Nah. I really don't like Diaby but I prefer him to Eboue there...

outlaw_member

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
ricky1985 said:
People actually want Eboue to play right back over Sagna?

yes. he's a better right back atm imo. sagna's been terrible this season. eboue has done well at right back.

so what if he has lapses from time to time. it's not as if sagna is the perfect right back either; he was absolutely man handled against liverpool. one of the worst performances by any full back at arsenal in years. not to mention, he offers zero going forward. nothing. we won't defend our way to the final. if we are to beat united, we need to attack well.

I think that's what people often forget with offensive fullbacks. They might be more susceptible at the back, compared to your Clichy or Sagna. However, they can more than make up for it with their offensive traits, and an example being Eboue's pass yesterday. Daniel Alves often gets criticised on this site for his defensive frailties, and rightly so, but he has been directly involved in 15 Barcelona goals this season, via an assist or goal. In saying that, Sagna vs Eboue is non contest. I would only bring on the latter, if our fullbacks aren't offering anything whatsoever in attack, and we need to apply offensive pressure.

marco

i just hope we dont go up there and try and defend as we will lose for sure!
not sure about nasri in that position jsut think fabregas does it better and nasri does fabregas position better
praying bentner starts but i know he wont..
would settle for a midfield of cesc, song, theo, nasri and the diaby or eboue on the wing..
just got this horrible feeling he wont play theo and will start denilson instead...

or the surprise of all surprses.. eduardo up front to get that vital away goal!

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
The best way to play there is our own game, and thats attacking, but they need to to it with beeing patient.

hackajack

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I think that's what people often forget with offensive fullbacks. They might be more susceptible at the back, compared to your Clichy or Sagna.
I think the opposite is actually the case - fullbacks who can't defend are more likely to lose you games than win them. The Euros was a classic example of this with Lahm killing Germany and Ramos doing his best to kill Spain.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom