• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I don't think the DVD insult is particularly racist, more than it is stupid kindergarden level, but the reaction to it with the initial backpedaling/lying then immediately throwing Claude to the wolves as soon as money is involved is worse.

Reflects horribly on AFTV and Robbie.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just seen that they tried to act like he werent racist and was referring to Tottenham bringing a DVD out of the win, its pathetic.

For anyone who dont know Son was being substituted and the muppet said "DVD's going off".

What does the DVD comment mean? I’m not from UK.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/15/dvd-racial-slur-meaning-arsenal-fan-tv-aftv/

The slur that was used by Claude Callegari is a reference to selling DVDs and chants regarding this have been targeted at a number of Asian football players in recent years.

Son Heung-min has borne the brunt of most of these comments with rival fans chanting “DVD” and “He’s selling three for a fiver” on multiple occasions in recent years.

Claude's case is not the worst thing I've heard but I am glad he was pulled up on it. Was ignorant and the casual nature of it needs to stop.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
It's not a great look for Robbie that he initially dismissed the whole thing but then did a U-turn when it became apparent that sponsors would pull out. If anything it sums Robbie right up and what his no.1 priority is.
Not surprised at all, been clear as day what Robbie's priority was with AFTV - money. He's as much of a self entitled prick as the rest of the bunch that are involved with the channel. Infact, you could say he's worse, he's an instigator - every bad defeat where DT, or Troopz, get angry he nips away at them, just dying for them to go on a rant because he knows it will generate views for his channel.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

A lot of counterfeit things in the UK are produced and sold by the Chinese, DVDs especially.

I remember schooldays that and eating dogs was the main jokes people made to the East Asian kids, similar chants to what they say to Son now.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
@American_Gooner @Macho @BigPoppaPump

Thanks for clearing up. Weird thing to call someone, though I get the reference. People are so ignorant. Someone like Claude probably shouldn’t be in front of a camera, for his own sake. Not mentally equipped for this age.

That whole livestream watchalong makes them look like proper clowns. That **** is 100% watched by opposition fans.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When you were young you’ll go to the market on a Saturday because various people will have stalls selling computer games, fake dvds etc, most of the time they were Chinese or something. So it’s related to that.

Claude was talking BS though, saying his comments were related to that joke about Sp**s always releasing DVDs, they weren’t, he said “DVD is coming off” when Son got substituted.

Robbie let him off until the sponsors fell off.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How many people say things that are culturally offensive though? His only mistake was he said it online.
A lot but doesn’t make it right.

I used to hear it a lot when I used to go to the matches and I would turn a blind eye to it (realistically what can I do bymyself) . It’s a culture that needs to change and it’s mainly football.

There’s a lot of focus on how black players have been treated at the moment and sadly Son and other Asian players treatment has gone under the radar slightly (I could be wrong). I think Claude getting called out was correct.

They are onto Troopz now next for white shaming (made an offkey comment regarding Harry Kane).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Despite the offensive remark, Claude really needs help and I don't really think being AFTV does much for him as a whole.

I don't really watch it, but wouldn't put it past them to be using Claude knowing full well that they shouldn't.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Despite the offensive remark, Claude really needs help and I don't really think being AFTV does much for him as a whole.

I don't really watch it, but wouldn't put it past them to be using Claude knowing full well that they shouldn't.
He’s level headed most of the time I see him, it’s not like he’s car crash tv.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I obviously don't know Claude but he doesn't strike me as a racist I just think hes incredibly ignorant.

Lord knows what people say when they watch football with their friends, it happens. Like said by GDeep their mistake was filming it for money.

Its ugly but its an issue that we as a society are dealing with more scrutiny right now and those guys lack the decorum to carry themselves properly in public. They often shout and scream things without thinking.

All they do is embarrass us for profit and its kinda bit them in the bum on this occasion.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Man Utd fans used to sing about one of their own players eating dog :lol:

As a United fans, I consider it worse than what Claude mentioned.

The chant really sounds racist and I never even try to sing it along with the fans. However, lot of people believe it meant to insult Liverpool. Well, Claude also meant to insult Sp**s in that case.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As a United fans, I consider it worse than what Claude mentioned.

The chant really sounds racist and I never even try to sing it along with the fans. However, lot of people believe it meant to insult Liverpool. Well, Claude also meant to insult Sp**s in that case.
Are you related to @Juan Matas Beard?

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom