<

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

That video made his link up play look weak though, take a heavy first touch and pass it back to the CB for example. Lacazette is just not that good of a player.

GeorgiaGunner and Troopz like this.
  2. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

:lol:

Giroud was doing something similar and he got labelled a donkey yet Lacazette is a messiah when he attempts a little flick or hold up play. We paid 52m for someone to do the Emile Heskey role.

And some people think we have agendas...

dbig, GeorgiaGunner and BigPoppaPump like this.
  3. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

lol his first-touch is on point in dat video lol

4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Certain players can get away with doing the bare minimum, that's why I say it's a popularity contest.

GeorgiaGunner and Troopz like this.
  5. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Any thoughts anyone on the £30m banded around that Atletico would be willing to pay for Laca? From the market value sights it’s more around £40m. Guess COVID is having an impact on what clubs can charge with everyone’s revenue down.

6. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

There were several pages where the majority of the forum was happy when he scored against Pool cause “we can trick someone into buying for 30 mil”.

Im sure most here would bite your hand off.

For me I would need to see what they did with those funds first.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  7. gamechannel

gamechannel Active Member

Mesut, is that you?

8. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Let’s see what happens once Aubameyang’s contract situation is clearer. I hope we get a good price for him if he is sold.

I must admit I will miss him and seeing him and Aubameyang celebrating goals together. He is a hard worker although he has been a bit below par this year. If he stays hopefully he can discover his scoring boots again.

Oxeki and Macho like this.
  9. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Didn’t stop him from bagging 98 in 144 at Dortmund, or 37 in 87 at Saint Etienne. Think he’d be even more deadly with a bigger, faster, stronger (e.g. Edouard) CF to play off of.

Maybe we sell Laca to West Ham so they can still hang out after training?

10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

His role in the team is essential, especially now we don’t play with a no10.

Riou likes this.
  12. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

How many times has Auba played without Lacazette though?

13. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

What about Eddie, he is ian Wright son after all

KrissKringle likes this.
  14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Who said Giroud's a donkey? Personally I prefer Giroud over Lacazette.

15. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Scroll back between 2012 - 2018 and you’ll see many of our fans calling Giroud a donkey.

For a 50m striker, you’d expect a lot more than a rich mans Emile Heskey. Lacazette got 10 goals this season in the PL and 13 goals the previous season, that’s unacceptable imo for a 50m striker.

16. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Giroud was absolutely a donkey tbh. He saved his career by giving up on scoring and embracing his role as a beanpole.

This guy is class, great first touch - can shoot any where in the box. He’s one of our very few sellable assets and if he went to a better team like Athletico I would only wish him well.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  17. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

What’s the difference between Giroud and Lacazette?

It’s funny some rate Lacazette on here but Deschamps stuck with Giroud ahead of Lacazette for that World Cup squad. Giroud was hardly playing for his club in that same year for the lead up to the tournament IIRC.

It makes you wonder.

Just to mention, we spent 12m on Giroud which was decent but Lyon ripped us off for that 50m we spent on Lacazette.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

If Benzema was in the picture Giroud would never be starter for France.

Him getting the nod doesn’t necessarily prove his quality, Giroud has always been afforded chance after chance at the top level without any real merit he’s just privileged. Mustafi has a WC medal and players like Martial and Sane (after winning the league) didn’t even get call ups, I personally don’t give a sh*t about internationals tbh.

Lacazette is a more rounded striker albeit not particularly excelling at anything, other than he had super cool composure when he joined and can create and finish chances on his own. He was my favourite player to watch last season by a long shot.

We are not exactly supplying him with a plethora of chances - unlike Donkey Giroud when he was here.

19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

You guys forget how good Giroud was for us. Go back and watch his goals and assists to wake yourselves.

20. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

He was garbage and cost us the league when he was with us. I think it’s you guys who have the rose tinted glasses I remember his season long droughts infront of goal tbh.
    We tried to replace him damn near every summer and for one reason or another it just didn’t work out.

He was in much better teams and he was still one of the most frustrating Arsenal players to watch. Don’t miss him at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.