• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Sounds like Atleti want to do a swap with Lemar who has been a flop. I'd take the cash as they are desperate for goals after losing Griezmann.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Sounds like Atleti want to do a swap with Lemar who has been a flop. I'd take the cash as they are desperate for goals after losing Griezmann.

Same, take the money even if its in long installments, not Lemar.

Unless they would be willing to offload someone else ie Partey or someone we could do with, just not Lemar.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Same, take the money even if its in long installments, not Lemar.

Unless they would be willing to offload someone else ie Partey or someone we could do with, just not Lemar.

No way we include Partey, he’s probably been our best midfielder this year.

Balboa

I posted many months ago that if you sell Laca and play Auba as CF, and buy a better winger than Auba, you are in a better position.

Zaha + Auba is better than Auba + Laca

I had the same thought in the summer. Think I might have posted somewhere. Zaha is also younger than Lacazette so the squad would be more balanced and also slightly younger. A worthwhile investment.

One of the main reasons I thought this was also that BOTH Lacazette are heading towards their final year of their contract next year. The last time that type of thing happened? -> Arsenal negotiated in tandem with Alexis and Özil. Eventually, Alexis predictably forced his way out and Özil used the situation to hold Arsenal over a barrel and they paid him far too much money.

Malky

Established Member
Take the money and re-invest it in other areas - either CM or CB. Auba at CF with Pepe, Martinelli, Nelson, Saka, etc as wide options would be enough for the remainder or the season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Take the money and re-invest it in other areas - either CM or CB. Auba at CF with Pepe, Martinelli, Nelson, Saka, etc as wide options would be enough for the remainder or the season.

Totally agree and then go big on a left winger/forward in their prime, the 23-27 age group this summer.

LW - New, Saka
SC - Auba, Martinelli
RW - Pepe, Nelson

That looks like a really nice blend of youth and experience as well as being better balanced than we are currently.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Plenty of players have had frustrating spells at a club before coming good elsewhere.

Feels weird that people would drool over Zaha, who flopped hard at Utd, yet would turn down Lemar.

It’s a risky move considering if he fails it’s going to be even harder to move him on.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
no one out until someone in, I hope - we are not in a strong position to upgrade this window, so getting a decent sum for Laca may not buy us anyone better

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Plenty of players have had frustrating spells at a club before coming good elsewhere.

Feels weird that people would drool over Zaha, who flopped hard at Utd, yet would turn down Lemar.

It’s a risky move considering if he fails it’s going to be even harder to move him on.

One plays in the PL and the other doesn’t would likely be on of the reasons behind backing Zaha to do better at AFC than gambling on Lemar coming good in general as well as thriving within the PL.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I wouldn't turn down either, although I'm still an advocate of fixing the defense first. But to be fair to Zaha, he had only just turned 20 when he signed for Manchester United and spent a year of his year-and-a-half at the club out on loan. He only played in four games for them. Now he's 27 and a proven Premier League player, which Lemar isn't. And to be fair to Lemar, I never understood his move to Atletico, which seemed like a horrible fit for him and has turned out to be. Maybe he could return to form at a club like Arsenal or even Wolves.

Balboa

no one out until someone in, I hope - we are not in a strong position to upgrade this window, so getting a decent sum for Laca may not buy us anyone better

Lacazette could hold Arsenal over a barrel in the summer. If there's a good offer now, it has to be considered. Arsenal are in a position to do that partly because they have bodies in forward positions and can cope with it. Also, Arsenal aren't likely to do much this seasona and cash and FFP dictate that they need resources for a summer rebuild.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
One plays in the PL and the other doesn’t would likely be on of the reasons behind backing Zaha to do better at AFC than gambling on Lemar coming good in general as well as thriving within the PL.

PL experience is a huge bonus but Zaha may still be over priced, especially as he has a long term contract. There must be others that would still improve us and allow Auba/Martinelli to be our CF's. If the price was right I would sell Laca now and invest in a CB if a top winger cant be obtained in Jan. Its no secret that I don't rate Laca, never have, I still don't understand how he was PotS last season.

Pepes blue pill

People wanting zaha are sick in the head, imagine him and pepe in the same side, both attracting players out wide and then ignoring the players they just opened up space for in the middle of the pitch because pulling of a trick would look better :lol::frustrated::facepalm:

Balboa

People wanting zaha are sick in the head, imagine him and pepe in the same side, both attracting players out wide and then ignoring the players they just opened up space for in the middle of the pitch because pulling of a trick would look better :lol::frustrated::facepalm:

I'd imagine Zaha is too old now for Arsenal to invest. The point is, if Arsenal can sell Lacazette for a good fee, Arteta will have more funds and a more balanced squad for a rebuild. If they can get Athletico to overpay, even better and that's one less contract headache for the summer. Lacazette should've been sold last summer.

Pepes blue pill

I'd imagine Zaha is too old now for Arsenal to invest. The point is, if Arsenal can sell Lacazette for a good fee, Arteta will have more funds and a more balanced squad for a rebuild. If they can get Athletico to overpay, even better and that's one less contract headache for the summer. Lacazette should've been sold last summer.

Got no problem with laca being sold just dont want the club to waste the money or get a player we dont need in exchange

Balboa

Got no problem with laca being sold just dont want the club to waste the money or get a player we dont need in exchange

I trust Arteta to persuade Edu and Raul to get what he wants, and for what he wants to be suitable.

Pre the signing of Pepe (if you look at the dates of some of the posts a page bakc in the thread) Zaha was a decent shout. Now less so.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Pull a trick? You make them sound brainless. Zaha has over 30 goals and assists in the last two seasons in a relegation team.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom