• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think Mikel would allow him to leave but frankly he’s either going to not sign a new contract or ask for astronomical wages in excess of 200k p/w which is absolutely criminal. Sell him now. Our season is lost anyway.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If you're Lacazette looking at the euros this summer, a move to Atletico ticks A LOT of boxes. For us, a sale in January (if Laca fancies a move) makes sense as we can over charge the buying team. We will have to take less in the summer with his contract running down.

zilfy

I wonder if Eddie staying is to cover a departing Laca?
They seem to value giving Eddie minutes but he will be 3rd choice striker here (4th if you play Martinelli ahead of him).

I sense something big going down

GDeep™

League is very weak
They seem to value giving Eddie minutes but he will be 3rd choice striker here (4th if you play Martinelli ahead of him).

Laca starting CF, Eddie coming off the bench late in games.

Auba from wide. Martinelli getting minutes wide too. Auba is out for 3 games so we’re stretched in attack anyway.

zilfy

Laca starting CF, Eddie coming off the bench late in games.

Auba from wide. Martinelli getting minutes wide too. Auba is out for 3 games so we’re stretched in attack anyway.
With that strategy he gets a handful of minutes at the end of the game instead of plenty of starts at Bristol. He won't get any starts here because if Lacas not playing you utilise that opportunity to play Auba upfront.

I dont think the Auba suspension should factor into the equation. Laca starts and Martinelli on the wing. If Laca needs replacing you shift Martinelli to CF and bring on Nelson/Saka.

I feel like this move is not the best for Eddie's development

Vantastico

I want to be as optimistic as you are, but with Auba's three game suspension, and Tierney out until March effectively turning Saka into an emergency left back, keeping Nketiah just ensures that we have double coverage in case of any more attacking suspensions or injury.

Martinelli/Nelson Laca/Nketiah Pepe/Nelson until Auba returns.

That's thin even with Lacazette. Although I wouldn't mind if we did cash in near the end of the window, we're also still in the EL race so I doubt that it would happen.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sell him and give the money to Aubameyang, tbf.

Like him as a player, but he hasn't hit PEAs numbers and I was wrong to think he had another gear in him at Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll have to sell laca if good bid comes he didn't put a good performance for 45m we paid for him. Lyon could put a good bid this summer after they sell Dembele i predict.

El Duderino

I just don't see what CL might be after him, Atletico are getting Cavani most likely, Lyon maybe if they sell Dembele?

nT4rEdb.png

You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.

El Duderino

Lyon are 7th now ffs, we are doomed.

I'd say Lazio or Napoli could try to get him, but it would take some money convincing a black player to join one of them.

Maybe we can pretend he's going on a free and let Juve have him?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I was under the impression his contract had one year left so it's a nice surprise to hear it runs until 2022. Perfect opportunity to move him on this summer.

Malky

Established Member
Why this bum won our 'player of the season' last year I'll never know. Especially when Auba was the joint winner of the golden boot despite playing on the wing.
Even this season Laca's numbers are terrible, hardly the 'Champions League' level CF he obviously thinks he is if that clause is true.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
“According to The Times (£), Arsenal are ready to let Alex Lacazette leave the club if we fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.

The Gunners opened talks with the France international about a new deal last year, however, with little ground made, they were shelved.

Lacazette, last year’s player of the year, has a deal that lasts until the summer of 2022, however, it sounds as though the club are willing to sacrifice him this summer with a view to ploughing any funds from a sale into new signings and a pay increase for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.”

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom