• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Was pretty dire today but all of the players were.
Alexis vs the world:
sanchez.jpg

9 of those goals have come in 4 games against poverty teams. Hull, Sunderland, Bornemouth and West Ham.

He's no striker tbh. I love the change he brings instead of Giroud, but he himself isn't actually dangerous at all in most games.

I mean tonight he was our striker, but how many chances/shots did he actually have? Can't really recall any, and it's been like this in most games.

He has however created more for others, and overall we've improved as a team with him up front, but I put that mainly down to not having a lamppost up front, which suits our style.

I barely remember him missing good chances, which sounds stupid, but he isn't getting in good enough positions. But, when he finally does, he buries them without a problem as well.

David_Smith

Erm... so we have poverty teams in the premier league but not in la liga?
Bournemouth are 8th by the way.

I don't think it can be said that Alexis had a bad game, he scored. That counts for a lot.
And I thought he did well in terms of pressing and linking up. Made a really good cross/pass to Walcott who should have done better.

Furious

Erm... so we have poverty teams in the premier league but not in la liga?
Bournemouth are 8th by the way.

I don't think it can be said that Alexis had a bad game, he scored. That counts for a lot.
And I thought he did well in terms of pressing and linking up. Made a really good cross/pass to Walcott who should have done better.

I didn't say that. I was just using it to get on my point that Alexis isn't really dangerous enough himself as a striker in most games, which is proved by the fact that he has scored 9 of 11 goals in just 4 games against poverty teams.

David_Smith

I didn't say that. I was just using it to get on my point that Alexis isn't really dangerous enough himself as a striker in most games, which is proved by the fact that he has scored 9 of 11 goals in just 4 games against poverty teams.

He's clinical, he presses high, he scores, he assists, he is a defenders nightmare with his movement.
I don't know about you but I think that ticks all of the boxes for a striker. You're probably thinking of a poacher who sits on the last defender ready to pounce on balls coming his way. There is not only one type of striker.

Furious

He's clinical, he presses high, he scores, he assists, he is a defenders nightmare with his movement.
I don't know about you but I think that ticks all of the boxes for a striker. You're probably thinking of a poacher who sits on the last defender ready to pounce on balls coming his way. There is not only one type of striker.

He's clinical, yes. That was my point as well if you read my post, but I'm disappoined that he isn't getting in good enough positions to score more goals, and be more dangerous himself. Whether that's up to his lack of movement or us not crreating good enough chances is up to question, I think it's a bit of both.

David_Smith

He's clinical, yes. That was my point as well if you read my post, but I'm disappoined that he isn't getting in good enough positions to score more goals, and be more dangerous himself. Whether that's up to his lack of movement or us not crreating good enough chances is up to question, I think it's a bit of both.

I don't think it's either. His movement and the danger he creates has been commended everywhere recently, and we are creating chances. We've been doing everything right. We have been fantastic in that regard.
The loss today is a totally different matter, not much to do with Alexis or the striker position.

Furious

I don't think it's either. His movement and the danger he creates has been commended everywhere recently, and we are creating chances. We've been doing everything right. We have been fantastic in that regard.
The loss today is a totally different matter, not much to do with Alexis or the striker position.

Alexis hasn't been dangerous in most games, how is that not a problem? You want your striker, and most clinical player to get good chances in every game, not just against poverty opposition, where he can do it all my himself anyway.

Do you remember him actually being close to score againsr the likes of Sp**s, liverpool, United, etc. Because I don't.

David_Smith

Alexis hasn't been dangerous in most games, how is that not a problem? You want your striker, and most clinical player to get good chances in every game, not just against poverty opposition, where he can do it all my himself anyway.

Do you remember him actually being close to score againsr the likes of Sp**s, liverpool, United, etc. Because I don't.

I think you've been out of touch with reality the last couple of weeks. There's not a lot more Alexis could do. He's been great.

Furious

I think you've been out of touch with reality the last couple of weeks. There's not a lot more Alexis could do. He's been great.

He has, but you're out of touch with what I'm saying here, but then again you're a troll so let's leave it at that.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
:lol: And where did I say that it's his fault?

You lot need to need to read instead of making up stuff.

"Score more goals and be more dangerous" "Do you remember him actually being close to score against the likes of Sp**s, liverpool, United. Because I don't" "Whether that's up to his lack of movement, I think it's a bit of both."

Santi's Left Foot

One thing I do get pissed off with is his sloppiness when things aren't going to plan. He tends to drop deeper to get on the ball then give it away.. but at least he's trying, sometimes it will pay off.

Furious

"Score more goals and be more dangerous" "Do you remember him actually being close to score against the likes of Sp**s, liverpool, United. Because I don't" "Whether that's up to his lack of movement, I think it's a bit of both."

"but I'm disappoined that he isn't getting in good enough positions to score more goals"

Why the **** would you take out the most important part in that?

And no, I still don't remember him even being slighty close to scoring in those games, so what's your problem?

Yes, his off the ball movement is rather average, he mostly comes for the ball.

Furious

One thing I do get pissed off with is his sloppiness when things aren't going to plan. He tends to drop deeper to get on the ball then give it away.. but at least he's trying, sometimes it will pay off.

Yeah at least he's trying.. :lol:

When Özil made a few of those mistakes early in the 1st half it wasn't "at least he tried", but more "he's ****ing ****".

But, yes, he does it far too much. The guy has no chill in the heat of the game, tries some ridiculously stupid passes at times, when it's actually better to take it easy and pass the ball on.

Santi's Left Foot

"but I'm disappoined that he isn't getting in good enough positions to score more goals"

Why the **** would you take out the most important part in that?

And no, I still don't remember him even being slighty close to scoring in those games, so what's your problem?

Yes, his off the ball movement is rather average, he mostly comes for the ball.

He's getting in good positions, when our midfield is pressed it becomes harder and Özil isn't the sort of player to battle through it.

You also said he's scored a lot of goals against poverty teams. As if there's no 'poverty' teams in la liga etc.. Was watching the Barca game Saturday against Osasuna. They were playing against a bunch of farmers ffs.

Sykes

9 of those goals have come in 4 games against poverty teams. Hull, Sunderland, Bornemouth and West Ham.

He's no striker tbh. I love the change he brings instead of Giroud, but he himself isn't actually dangerous at all in most games.

I mean tonight he was our striker, but how many chances/shots did he actually have? Can't really recall any, and it's been like this in most games.

He has however created more for others, and overall we've improved as a team with him up front, but I put that mainly down to not having a lamppost up front, which suits our style.

I barely remember him missing good chances, which sounds stupid, but he isn't getting in good enough positions. But, when he finally does, he buries them without a problem as well.
Agreed. Sometimes he drops too deep for my liking. Imagine if he had the movement of Cavani....would be perfect.

Santi's Left Foot

Yeah at least he's trying.. :lol:

When Özil made a few of those mistakes early in the 1st half it wasn't "at least he tried", but more "he's ****ing ****".

But, yes, he does it far too much. The guy has no chill in the heat of the game, tries some ridiculously stupid passes at times, when it's actually better to take it easy and pass the ball on.

Who said that about Özil though lol?

Furious

He's getting in good positions, when our midfield is pressed it becomes harder and Özil isn't the sort of player to battle through it.

You also said he's scored a lot of goals against poverty teams. As if there's no 'poverty' teams in la liga etc.. Was watching the Barca game Saturday against Osasuna. They were playing against a bunch of farmers ffs.

Read my reply for David Smith before you bring that up again ffs. I never said that or thought about it, I'm well aware of the likes of Osasuna.

I merely quoted to point out that Alexis isn't getting good chances enough in most games like tonight where he finished the game with only 2 feckin shots, the freekick and a rubbish long shot. If this is good enough for you and @David Smith then football isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom