• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Monday February 11, 8pm

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Re Red cafe .. It's of course the same reaction we would be giving if we lost. Are we in danger of creating like a feedback loop if we keep posting each others sites? Could get lost in a horrible Fergie vortex of some description.

They will have their day before the title is ours.

AFCG7

Established Member
Looking at the table - there is going to be one hell of a battle for the 4th place spot.

JazzG

Established Member
Not a great performance but a professional game we played overall. Mostly in control of things and just knocked it about a bit too casually, you will be fuming if they nick a late goal but Blackburn didn't do much to threaten and didn't look like scoring.

Could almost see Fabregas getting better and better, the boys form is slowly returning. With every game he is getting closer and closer to his top level.

Hleb was good overall, surprised he didn't get past Emerton more easily but good stuff overall. Gilberto and Flamini both broke play up very well and the whole back line and Jens was solid as a rock. Good stuff :)

AFCG7 said:
Looking at the table - there is going to be one hell of a battle for the 4th place spot.

It would be hilarious if Liverpool didn't get forth spot but unfortunately they are easily better than those other sides and will easily get forth spot. Can just see those ****ers going on a glorious CL run as well!

arsmile

Established Member
here's what i'm thinking:

lehman was competant today- he will play manu cos he's the cup keeper- do we then bring al back against milan?- will it depend how jens does next match?- i think we need al for the milan match- debatably a lower ceiling but (recently) far more consistant.......and as decent as leh was today- he was dropping and flapping at a couple of crosses (which admittedly al wouldnt cos he wouldnt come for them- for good or for bad)- and he did very nearly gift them a goal in the end after sagna's mistake- he did really well with it but it was a risk he shouldnt really have taken in the context i suppose.... 90% of the time either would suffice but i'm worried that Arsène is considering jens for milan which could be a mistake, especially if al's 'illness' is as bad as jens' 'shoulder' was.....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nidza7 said:
brum away next in EPL?

Big eck will do all he can to win the game against us when we travel to St. Andrews just to help his granfather fergie

They will stop us from playing, play physical but weve shown we can match this kind of game if wehave to

That is a massive match but also keegan takes on his old foe fergie at St. James Park and I can also see newcastle stepping up if united were as under the weather as they were on sunday

kym7224

Hats off to Senderos.

He brilliantly cover Toure's place.

I think he will be back to bench when Kolo fit, but I have to admit he did really well.

JazzG

Established Member
Lehmann is doing just fine and unless he makes a **** up should remain our Number one keeper until the end of the season. Alumunia got into the team because Jens was 'injured' and put in solid performances so if Jens now puts in solid performances while he is injured then why should Jens lose his place? He is a better keeper and much more likely to win us a game than Alumunia imo.

stuart

Established Member
kym7224 said:
Hats off to Senderos.

He brilliantly cover Touré's place.

I think he will be back to bench when Kolo fit, but I have to admit he did really well.

Here here. Tbh, no matter what he did, i'd always be putting Kolo back in there. But he's done himself proud. Love how passionate he is too.

lagos

Established Member
And so the ANC is over and the team with no players in the tournament is the one that has lost ground.. funny huh?

dutchMasta

Ice Berg legend said:
(bolded teams that were guaranteed to be ahead of us, apparently)
You forgot to enbolden Man U and Chelsea too.

Anyway, it's far from over, we can't start thinking that we've won it until we actually do. Great result though despite a patchy performance. Good to see players returning from ACN/injuries.

AFCG7

Established Member
Senderos' good form brings us to another dilemna - do we keep him in the side or does Kolo walk straight back in? If we are to follow the 'form' guideline as we did with Flamini when he stepped in for Bert then "Phil the power" has a good chance to retain his place doesnt he?

Kain

Established Member
Know its all been done and said in past 24 hours but hats off to Man City aswell, we wouldnt be half as happy now if it wasent for what they pulled off on Sunday.

Invincible

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
And who cares about the 4th spot. :D

I'm on Redcafe now, read some hilarious posts for a laugh. :lol:

Mostarac

Established Member
Solid performance and solid win, thats about it. The thing which matters the most tonight is that we did not drop points and are 5 points ahead of Manchester United(take that Carrick you ****). I noticed again tonight that when the other teams play defensively with 10 men behind the ball, we tend to struggle to create many chances as we tend to try to pass the ball to the goal and this fails almost every time. I still wonder why we do not have an alternate way of building up our attacks against teams such as Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham and so on who are very predictable. There were notable periods in the 2nd half tonight where we kept losing the ball around Blackburn`s area because our players kept overdoing things and kept running into Blackburn`s wall of defenders. We can`t continue to have the same approach to these small time defensive teams if we are to stay ahead of Manchester United long term this season, had Blackburn been a better counter-attacking team they could have easily scored tonight.

outlaw_member

Established Member
stuart said:
kym7224 said:
Hats off to Senderos.

He brilliantly cover Touré's place.

Here here. Tbh, no matter what he did, i'd always be putting Kolo back in there. But he's done himself proud. Love how passionate he is too.

Because he is an Arsenal fan.

arsmile

Established Member
JazzG said:
Lehmann is doing just fine and unless he makes a **** up should remain our Number one keeper until the end of the season. Alumunia got into the team because Jens was 'injured' and put in solid performances so if Jens now puts in solid performances while he is injured then why should Jens lose his place? He is a better keeper and much more likely to win us a game than Alumunia imo.

the fact is...if our next match was a prem match al would definatly get back in in think.....but cos jens' will get to play in the facup- 3 matches is enough to genuinley work up some form especially if he does ok against manu, you cant really shift someone's first team place after 2 matches- so ....... i dunno, there is definately a decision to be made......................

lee1001

Established Member
Id like Senderos to stay in the team if im honest. Nobody deserves to walk into the team if their peer is on great form. Wenger kept Flamini and Almunia in their positions because their form has been great. He can't go back on himself now.

AFCG7

Established Member
Didnt Wenger guarantee Lehmann all out Cup games this season? If so ..doesnt the Champions League count as a Cup competition? :D Wenger will win either way if he continues with Jens against Milan. Not too sure what will happen for the Brum game though.

Original_AAA

nidza7 said:
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/arse-v-blackburn-186553/index7.html

LMAO at c**nts

The scary thing is that if you reverse the names of the clubs, change the players names and remove 9/10th of the swearwords, a lot of it could have been us talking about Man U. How they are always lucky and how all the small teams roll over for them, but fight desperately against us etc.

Anyhoo, not the best of games, but a very good result. When our players decided to pick it up a notch, we ran all over them and I must admit I never thought that a 1-0 lead over Blackburn would feel so secure.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom