• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Monday February 11, 8pm

thegame24

Established Member
yup and man u away to newcastle.

Lets get some revenga on brums and hopefully king kev can get some on man u

qs

Established Member
Delighted, thought we played well enough TBH, if we'd been a bit luckier that would've been 4 or 5-0

nazo

Established Member
thegame24 said:

Somehow i don't see that happening :lol:
Let's just win our game and let the rest do whatever they want.

Feanor

Established Member
I've reading the red cafe comments a lot this season, they went from utter confidence to despair pretty quickly. It's not over yet but this gives us a huge confidence boost. 5 points clear with a better GD. It's in our hands.

lee1001

Established Member
I think United you should consider themselves lucky that we don't have a fully fit RVP to play alongside Adebayor because we'd be out of sight by now.

AFCG7

Established Member
Anyone else think Blacburn werent as combative in terms of chasing the game in the 2nd half? Dont mean to devalue our win but expected more from them... we were in cruise control for most of the game ( early goal helped) and werent seriously pressured in the last 20 mins as i expected.

thegame24

Established Member
bluenaz said:
thegame24 said:

tbh i can see it hapening.

King Kevs first win and him going mental.

stuart

Established Member
woooo! Thought we had it under control. Obviously i started getting a bit nervous but i think if Blackburn had come at us a bit more we'd have scored on the break.

They played their usual boring defensive stuff but there were goals in it for us. Friedel played well, as you'd expect.

Would love to know were Hleb pulled those shots from :lol:

Double_H

Established Member
Edu was man of the match

Hleb ,Flamini close 2nd

and dont forget our defence

Happy Days :)

i can relax now and take shower

outlaw_member

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
outlaw_member said:
go49oner said:
outlaw_member said:
Mark my words, Gilberto is going to do some f****g dumbness today. No, I can no longer back him.

He deserves more respect than that. 2 Defensive midfielders and Cesc on right does worry me.

As a person, he deserves respect. However respect is given depending on recent performances, and Gilberto deserves none.

Very stupid comment....Respect is not given due to recent performance of a player but due to his overall commitment to a team. Dont be a prick.

Find another team you can use that "respect" standard on. Arsenal players deserve more than that.

Does my name look like Mbaki Mutahaba to you? I am obviously a very different person to you, and we probably live a whole continent apart. So my reasoning for giving someone respect is going to very different to you. So you stop being stupid.

Regarding Gilberto, best game from him this season, not really a hard thing to do, mind you.

Kain

Established Member
lee1001 said:
I think United you should consider themselves lucky that we don't have a fully fit RVP to play alongside Adebayor because we'd be out of sight by now.

We dont need strikers when we have Phil 'The Power!' Senderos ;)

tam1886

Established Member
bluenaz said:
thegame24 said:

Funnily enough though that's when they've slipped up.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Got in proper late and missed the damn match but a very nice win and even better ade scoring another goal right at the end which I saw, was similar to his goal against Sp**s in sept, what a finish

Cant really comment on the game but will watch it again tomorow and analyse ever moment

Saw the end bit with ade giving hleb the champagne lol

A different line up but we still grinded
Also babel was in the stands with good friend RvP, bet he wish he was here

giuliob

AFCG7 said:
Anyone else think Blacburn werent as combative in terms of chasing the game in the 2nd half? Dont mean to devalue our win but expected more from them... we were in cruise control for most of the game ( early goal helped) and werent seriously pressured in the last 20 mins as i expected.
Exactly....That is the story of the 2nd half except for the first couple of minutes when Blackburn held the ball...They didn't pressure us like the 1st half....Maybe tired.........I'd like to know how many passes we made and how many attempts on goal in the 2nd half? All that passing and nowhere to go.....But a solid win.....I keep thinking about Hleb in the post game interview....He was almost laughing with joy.....Fine game from him......

ken_75

Not excellent but quite good in my opinion. Thought Gilberto was ok today (yeah a couple of sloppy passes here and there). Great delivery by Dudu and great goal by Phil...same goes for the second combination of Hleb-Ade.

Top of the league and 5pts ahead

Nice! beer is in order here :D

IBL

Established Member
Delighted with the result, content with the performance. Its was all about the 3 points today and we got it depsite sitting back on the early goal and living dangerously. Much better in the second half we're we were kept at bay by a solid friedal display.

Who'd have thunk this at the beginning of the season? :D

1 Arsenal 26 12 2 0 31 8 7 4 1 23 10 36 63
2 Man Utd 26 12 1 1 32 5 6 3 3 18 9 36 58
3 Chelsea 26 8 5 0 23 8 8 2 3 15 9 21 55
4 Everton 26 8 2 3 24 11 6 3 4 17 12 18 47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Liverpool 25 5 6 1 26 9 6 5 2 14 8 23 44
6 Aston Villa 26 8 2 4 24 17 4 6 2 24 17 14 44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Man City 26 9 3 1 21 11 3 5 5 13 18 5 44
8 Portsmouth 26 3 7 2 15 10 8 1 5 21 16 10 41
9 Blackburn 26 5 4 4 13 13 5 5 3 19 20 -1 39
10 West Ham 25 5 5 3 16 13 5 2 5 14 10 7 37
11 Tottenham 26 6 2 4 33 22 2 6 6 15 19 7 32
12 Middlesbrough 26 4 4 5 14 18 3 4 6 9 20 -15 29
13 Newcastle 26 5 5 3 17 18 2 2 9 12 29 -18 28
14 Sunderland 26 7 3 3 17 13 0 2 11 9 32 -19 26
15 Bolton 26 5 4 5 17 12 1 3 8 9 23 -9 25
16 Wigan 26 5 2 5 15 14 1 3 10 9 28 -18 23
17 Birmingham 26 3 4 5 13 14 2 3 9 12 24 -13 22

18 Reading 26 6 1 6 14 19 0 3 10 16 34 -23 22
19 Fulham 26 3 5 5 18 22 0 5 8 7 22 -19 19
20 Derby 26 1 3 9 8 24 0 3 10 5 31 -42 9

(bolded teams that were guaranteed to be ahead of us, apparently)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom