• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC v Blackburn Rovers - Player Ratings

Biggus

Established Member
But a 4 Luka? For me, I start everybody on 5 (average) to get a 4 a player would have to be mediocre all the game- plus do something stupid or make a bad mistake.

Jameel46

Established Member
Lukazan said:
stuart said:
Lukazan said:
Eduardo - 3
Ade - 4

wtf! :lol:
Your a harsh man, Luka

I don't think so. Both (particularly Eduardo) were incredibly selfish and both (particulary Adebayor) wasted a number of potentially dangerous opportunities with stupid decisions. Better play from both could have seen us win this game by 4-5 goals to be frank.

3/4 ratings arre for those who played ****, and neither eduardo or adebayor played ****. the fact that you forget that blackburn's goalkeeper is what stopped us from winning by more is worrying, and at the same time you say hleb was near perfect, he was MOTM but the difference wasn't that big.

Lukazan

Established Member
Biggus said:
But a 4 Luka? For me, I start everybody on 5 (average)

Me too.

Biggus said:
to get a 4 a player would have to be mediocre all the game

And Eduardo was. Adebayor was too, for the majority.

Biggus said:
plus do something stupid

Both did.

Jameel46 said:
Lukazan said:
stuart said:
Lukazan said:
Eduardo - 3
Ade - 4

wtf! :lol:
Your a harsh man, Luka

I don't think so. Both (particularly Eduardo) were incredibly selfish and both (particulary Adebayor) wasted a number of potentially dangerous opportunities with stupid decisions. Better play from both could have seen us win this game by 4-5 goals to be frank.

3/4 ratings arre for those who played s**t, and neither eduardo or adebayor played s**t. the fact that you forget that blackburn's goalkeeper is what stopped us from winning by more is worrying, and at the same time you say hleb was near perfect, he was MOTM but the difference wasn't that big.

I don't recall any particularly good saves from Friedel. There's a line between good goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Biggus

Established Member
Yeah right. I think you're just being facetious because you haven't had any hugs lately.

You were probably still drooling over Hlebs dipper that you didn't notice the save, he also saved well 1 V 1 with Ade.

Lukazan

Established Member
Ade was under pressure and the angle was tight, it wasn't the best strike and really there was only one place he was going to put it with the way he opened up his body. Decent save, nothing more. Hleb's "dipper" was a decent hit, but not great and Friedel made a meal out of it in all honesty.

We can debate this all day but I'm not going to budge. Eduardo was very bad, and Adebayor was bad. It's as simple as that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Ade was under pressure and the angle was tight, it wasn't the best strike and really there was only one place he was going to put it with the way he opened up his body. Decent save, nothing more. Hleb's "dipper" was a decent hit, but not great and Friedel made a meal out of it in all honesty.

We can debate this all day but I'm not going to budge. Eduardo was very bad, and Adebayor was bad. It's as simple as that.

I am with Lukazan, both Ade and Edu were extremely poor, their touches, passing and link up play was abysmal. Edu rarely has a chance to shoot on goal. However they did assist and score between the two, so at least they contributed.

Just one thing though, I find it funny that just because a player scores a goal that his performance is automatically 10 fold better than without the goal, this is not in regard to Adebayor but just football on general. The amount of players I have seen play so ****e, score a goal and because of that they are MotM.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I thought Edu's link up play was quite good tbh. Sometimes he kept it for too long (he doesn't like his right foot lol) but other than that I though he was good.

stiiphunn

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Lukazan said:

I am with Lukazan, both Ade and Edu were extremely poor, their touches, passing and link up play was abysmal. Edu rarely has a chance to shoot on goal. However they did assist and score between the two, so at least they contributed.

Just one thing though, I find it funny that just because a player scores a goal that his performance is automatically 10 fold better than without the goal, this is not in regard to Adebayor but just football on general. The amount of players I have seen play so s***e, score a goal and because of that they are MotM.
Completly agree with that. It is ridiculous tbh.
If a goalkeeper makes ten amazing saves and then a blunder he'll be criticised and labeled as useless. If a striker misses ten chances but scores one, he's often seen as the Motm :lol:

Goals are overrated.

Biggus

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Just one thing though, I find it funny that just because a player scores a goal that his performance is automatically 10 fold better than without the goal, this is not in regard to Adebayor but just football on general. The amount of players I have seen play so s***e, score a goal and because of that they are MotM.

:idea: Err Thats because goals are very very important......so much so, that they can often determine outcomes of games.

True Gooner

Established Member
Biggus said:
outlaw_member said:

:idea: Err Thats because goals are very very important......so much so, that they can often determine outcomes of games.

Crazy, but you just might be on to something there...:shock:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

true gooner said:
Biggus said:
outlaw_member said:

Wait, I though passing, passing and passing won you matches? :? :shock:
Until you said that, I was gonna give Adebayor a 2, and maybe everyone should edit the 9 ratings Bendtner got when he scored the winner against Tottenham then.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Biggus said:
outlaw_member said:
Err, no, goals aren't all that, Stiiphunn said so:
stiiphunn said:
... Goals are overrated.
:p

Biggus

Established Member
A lot of the criticism of Ade and Diaby come from the- Pass- pass- ****- pass- pass- drool- pass- pass- ****- pass- Oh we've lost the ball brigade.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Biggus said:
outlaw_member said:

Of course they determine games but putting the ball in the net should not change the fact you had a ****e game, but it does change that everytime.

I don't know if you play football or not but if I played with a player who played ****e and than scored, I would congratulate him but at the same time let him know, that you scored, but you still have to fix up because you are playing crap. In real football this does not happen instead they are hailed as MotM or great ****ing heroes.

outlaw_member

Established Member
psycho said:
true gooner said:
Biggus said:
outlaw_member said:

Wait, I though passing, passing and passing won you matches? :? :shock:
Until you said that, I was gonna give Adebayor a 2, and maybe everyone should edit the 9 ratings Bendtner got when he scored the winner against Tottenham then.

If people did give Bendtner 9 than they are clowns. The goal was of huge importance, but you have to do more than score a goal for you to be MotM or get huge amount of praise.

Lukazan

Established Member
Biggus said:
A lot of the criticism of Ade and Diaby come from the- Pass- pass- ****- pass- pass- drool- pass- pass- ****- pass- Oh we've lost the ball brigade.

Which, in Diaby's case, is so much worse than 'dribble-dribble-dribble-oh Diaby's lost the ball 3 yards infront of his own box', obviously.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom