• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

Doctor OKO

illmatik said:
Good thing Vieira's not playing for us anymore, Keane's tactics would have been annihilate Vieira

Comedy gold. :D

This isn't going to be easy at all. Sunderland have a scrappy, determined nature about their squad, I can see it being close and quite nervy in all fairness.
If we play with the alertness, sharpness and togetherness we have this season, we'll win it. But there's no rooms for slip ups against a hungry and determined 'Sundaland side.

Rahul said:
Any news on Willy and Tomas?

Were they not supposed to return against Sunderland?

Not sure about Gallas. But Wenger did say that "As for Rosicky you can probably fix the date for Sunderland [Sunday]". So, yeah, I think we can look forward to seeing Rosicky. Which would probably mean Eboue dropping to the bench, Hleb (a bit off-topic, but does anybody know how the heck he managed to get fit for the Steaua match? I thought he couldn't even walk?) on the right and Rosicky on the left, which we're used to.

Would love to see Bendtner get a chance (at least half an hour), even if as a sub. I think this is the kind of game Nicklas would relish. Cesc did seem slightly below his usual performances against West Ham, but he's quality, and we can't afford to leave him out. Maybe bring him off after an hour or so if we have (and we should have by then) the lead. I really like the look of Flamini this season, and I think he should start ahead of Gilberto.

This match will prove how far we've come, I think. I think Sunderland will try to do what Sheffield did to us last season. They'll push us hard, and try not to give us any space. But that said, I do believe we've gotten a lot better since then, and it's at the Emirates, so anything less than 3 points would be a disappointment.

My prediction: 2-0.

Rahul

hes been named in the Czech squad by their manager for their game on the 17th

Hope he gets some playing time on sunday.Was in brilliant form before he got injured.

Long Time Gooner

Rahul said:

Hope he gets some playing time on sunday.Was in brilliant form before he got injured.
Likelihood is that he won't play for us, but that he will play for the Czechs and get injured and be out for a while. :roll:

Rahul

Long Time Gooner said:
Rahul said:

Likelihood is that he won't play for us, but that he will play for the Czechs and get injured and be out for a while. :roll:

Going by our luck with injuries in the past its a high possibility. :roll:

Asterix

Established Member
Nice write up Nadz. I thought you'd made a typo when you said Adams made his debut in 1983, but no, of course you were spot on.

Let's hope the result is different this time - should be 2-0 or 3-0 really.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I also think that we should give Bendtner a start and leave Ade to rest, so he is fully fit. Also here's to hoping that Rosicky can make it and at least appear as a sub. AW should give a chance to Walcott on the RW ahead of Eboue.

My prediction is 3:1 RvP x2 and Hleb, and we might suffer a goal from either a senderos flop or a penalty kick caused by a Phil foul.

Anotehr 3 points for sure.. ;)

number_0

Established Member
so rosicky is going to be back?
like someone said, lets play our full team, score 3 goals get 3 points than take our players off before half time..
thats how manu did it to conserve their consistancy

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i would definitely love to get a win over sunderland, over roy keane's side.

not easy, as they haven't been as defensively lousy as derby. but a 3-0 win would be decent against them.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
arsenal_hleb said:
i would definitely love to get a win over sunderland, over roy keane's side.

not easy, as they haven't been as defensively lousy as derby. but a 3-0 win would be decent against them.
That would be most acceptable, 3-0 to us and no injuries, yep that will do very nicely. :D

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
While this could well be a difficult game I feel Wenger should start to use the squad a bit more now. Our first choice players have plenty quite a few games already and I thought some of them looked a little tired on Tuesday. We need to make sure the players are fit and fresh for the games against Liverpool and Man United.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

kaids said:
While this could well be a difficult game I feel Wenger should start to use the squad a bit more now. Our first choice players have plenty quite a few games already and I thought some of them looked a little tired on Tuesday. We need to make sure the players are fit and fresh for the games against Liverpool and Man United.
and what, start with Walcott? No thanks. First team please. Sunderland aren't great but they are no Derby either.

No.8_Wright

Its games like this we need to play the first team. We need a win, keep the morale going into the tough games. It also gives the team less pressure to get a result against Liverpool and Man Utd and although we want to win both games we will have points in hand on them. Liverpool have shown so far what rotation does to you, and if the players are fit to play they should start.

They wil be more then ready when the big games come, no one will be complaining about being tired then.

I'm sure we'll see Billy-G Gallas make a miraculous return as well.

go49oner

Established Member
kaids said:

Nooo please no, last thing we want now is rotation, just ask Rafa. I can understand some of our players will feel bit jaded after the strong start we had, but we're in no position to rotate, the back-up players i.e Eboue, Walcott,NB are simply not good enough imo and frankly they are liability.
This will be the last game before international break and some of our key players(Cesc,Clichy,Flamini) will hopefully get some rest.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

go49oner said:
kaids said:

Nooo please no, last thing we want now is rotation, just ask Rafa. I can understand some of our players will feel bit jaded after the strong start we had, but we're in no position to rotate, the back-up players i.e Eboue, Walcott,NB are simply not good enough imo and frankly they are liability.
This will be the last game before international break and some of our key players(Cesc,Clichy,Flamini) will hopefully get some rest.
Just what I was thinking. No need to rest players with the break coming up, and interestingly enough- some of our key players are not starters for their national team. Most likely only one of the three players highlighted will end up playing 10 mins at the most.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

clichy22 wrote:

i expect craig gordon to have his best game of the year for sunderland as it seems all keepers have the best games at emirates,given,green
I will go with this prediction.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
where has the Spain team been announced? I haven't seen anything about Cesc missing out...

Clichy is not in the French team, but Flamini, Diaby and Diarra (and Sagna and Gallas) are...

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom