• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
but i do agree we need to put out a strong lineup.. one of the keys to our success in the past with the 2000-2004 teams was that our starting 11 was virtualy the same all the time.. the more starters that start, the better we will be...

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
go49oner said:
kaids said:
While this could well be a difficult game I feel Wenger should start to use the squad a bit more now. Our first choice players have plenty quite a few games already and I thought some of them looked a little tired on Tuesday. We need to make sure the players are fit and fresh for the games against Liverpool and Man United.

Nooo please no, last thing we want now is rotation, just ask Rafa. I can understand some of our players will feel bit jaded after the strong start we had, but we're in no position to rotate, the back-up players i.e Eboue, Walcott,NB are simply not good enough imo and frankly they are liability.
This will be the last game before international break and some of our key players(Cesc,Clichy,Flamini) will hopefully get some rest.
Not talking about Rafa-style wholesale changes to the team, just one maybe two. If we can't beat Sunderland at home with someone like Eduardo, Denilson or Diarra in the side, we aren't going to win the title anyway.

Jameel46

Established Member
bendtner has been unlucky with Wenger's selection i think should've started the last game and unfortunately i can see him missing out on this game aswell but hopefully he does get a sufficient amount of playing time

AFCG7

Established Member
We should play as strong a squad as we can to start the game. We really need to be thumping teams like Sunderland.. or at least making sure we beat them with relative ease. Play the regular squad to start , if we can we should cement the win before giving fringe players a go later in the game.

IBL

Established Member
Sunderland are not to be underestimated one iota. Keane would love to do his old club a favour and get one over us, expect their players to be fully commited and up for a physical game.

I think we should go a strong team and then rest players if needed and give others a chance. Same team that started against Steau should start with possibly only Diaby continuing on the left and Hleb on the right.

tam1886

Established Member
I dont agree with rotation on any large scale, but for once I wouldnt mind seeing Bendtner start. I'm not coming to this conclusion from a 'its his time' perspective, but from the point of view that Adebayor had a little injury last week but still played a full game midweek. I'd be tempted to give him a rest to make sure he doesnt have any ill effects from during the week.

I think Bendtner could handle himself well enough against Sunderland, and he is a danger at set pieces too, so i'm tempted to throw him in.

However, that would be my only change from what would otherwise be a full strength team.

go49oner

Established Member
tam1886 said:
I dont agree with rotation on any large scale, but for once I wouldnt mind seeing Bendtner start. I'm not coming to this conclusion from a 'its his time' perspective, but from the point of view that Adebayor had a little injury last week but still played a full game midweek. I'd be tempted to give him a rest to make sure he doesnt have any ill effects from during the week.

I think Bendtner could handle himself well enough against Sunderland, and he is a danger at set pieces too, so i'm tempted to throw him in.

However, that would be my only change from what would otherwise be a full strength team.

We gonna need Ade to play and get injured if necessary so he wouldn't be able to help Togo qualify to the African nations cup. :twisted:

tam1886

Established Member
go49oner said:
tam1886 said:

We gonna need Ade to play and get injured if necessary so he wouldn't be able to help Togo qualify to the African nations cup. :twisted:
:lol: :lol:. Seriously though, I think at the minute, Adebayor is one of out most important players, and we cant afford to lose him for any period of time. If he's completely fit with no after effects of midweek or the injury then fine, by all means he should play, but I think if theres a chance he's not 100%, he should be rested. He would probably be able to come off the bench anyway. The next run of games coming up are the most important so far I think, so its definitely going to be a time when we need him more than ever.

-Shaun-

Good to see Gallas and Lehmann returning to full-training. I hope Kolo and Gallas can work on their partnership in the middle of defence. They are both world-class so why SHOULDN'T it work?

Good news :)

quattro

whatever happens we can't rest van persie. he's starting to build scoring momentum at the moment. given the increasing influence of adebayor in the forward position i can understand why bendtner needs to warm the bench a little longer. we will not underestimate teams like these... im sure Arsène knows this more than anyone.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I don't expect this to be as easy game as it may seem. We had 2 "not so Arsenal as we are used to" performances lately, but it was away against better teams than Sunderland. As far as I know Willy and Eduardo could be back for this and I hope they will. I don't know what is going on with Rosicky's injury, no news lately. IMO this would be a good game for Eduardo to score his firts in Premiership, if he will play. If not, there is always Bolton after international break ;)
I think we will win this one and go on international break on a high.

Nutsy

Established Member
go49oner said:

Becareful what you wish for. Adebayor on the pitch provides the physical presence, keep his defenders busy hence leaving space for RVP. Him getting injured is the LAST thing we need now imo.

qs

Established Member
Some debate over rotating here. I'd go with pretty much the best available 11 minus one major element - Fabregas.

There will be no other opportunity to give him a rest in the coming weeks so now is our only chance. Flamini is playing great abd Bert has been patient and modest so I'd go with those 2 in midfield and give Cesc a little break.

If it was away I wouldn't dream of it but at home vs a promoted side, it doesn't get any easier in the prem. Even without Cesc we could be 100% Sunderland at 75% of our best.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's what I was thinking. If we aren't able to beat a Sunderland side who have lost a few times recently with a full team bar Cesc (with either Gilberto, Diarra, Denilson or Diaby, all of whom are meant to be more than capapble) then I would hate to see Fabregas get injured for even a game or two. That's the reason to having a squad isn't it?

Mark

Established Member
Thing is, because we could slip up against Liverpool and United even with our strongest available players, we have to make sure we get maximum points from the easy games. Resting players against Fulham and Sheffield United last year cost us big time. I think Cesc should start, but hopefully go off early if we have a comfortable lead.

i'd go for this:

Almunia

Sagna Toure Senderos Clichy

Hleb Flamini Fabregas Diaby

Adebayor V.Persie

1. Fabianski 2. Eduardo/Bendtner 3. Eboue 4. Denilson 5. Hoyte

Not sure about the fitness of players like Diaby and Eduardo, but hopefully we won't have to see Eboue or Theo on the right. I think Diaby has been far more impressive on the wing than either of those two, surprisingly enough.

Anyway, I can see this being quite tough, but I reckon we'll win it 2-0 with an early goal and a late goal. Adebayor and Flamini to get them.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think some might think this will be a "Derby" like team? we should in no way rest our big players... Sunderland will be a hard team to beat.. Keano will have them parking the bus against us...

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Keane will certainly be up for motivating his team against the auld enemy, from his perspective.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom