• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

qs

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Did Keane even hate Arsenal?

I don't know if hate is the word but he certainly loved the rivalry

"It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

"Usually my preparation for a game on a Saturday if we were playing Arsenal would start on the previous Sunday.

"Your body just knew you were going to play Arsenal, just psychologically, your body would get ready for it.

"It was the same for all the players, and I am sure it was the same for the Arsenal players.

"Those games were brilliant, absolutely fantastic, the best. United against Arsenal - if you could go back for one game, then that would be the game.

"They were brilliant, brilliant rivalry, the rivalry between the fans, the players, the managers.

"Both teams were usually fighting it out for the title - it was fantastic. You would give anything to play in one of those games again.

"But stuff like that has gone - those rivalries have gone. They still want to beat each other, but there is not that real intensity that there was then."

qs

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i think some might think this will be a "Derby" like team? we should in no way rest our big players... Sunderland will be a hard team to beat.. Keano will have them parking the bus against us...

This may not be a Derby type game but its not a Blackburn, Everton, Sp*rs type game either. Sunderland are definitely in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of quality and we should be able to beat them at home without Cesc.

Let them park the bus. We seem to have learned how to deal with that. Keano might try kick us off the pitch though, if Cesc does start he'll certainly be sending his own central midfielder out to rough him up.

Jinn

Established Member
qs said:
Tony Montana said:

"Usually my preparation for a game on a Saturday if we were playing Arsenal would start on the previous Sunday.

"Your body just knew you were going to play Arsenal, just psychologically, your body would get ready for it.

"It was the same for all the players, and I am sure it was the same for the Arsenal players.

"Those games were brilliant, absolutely fantastic, the best. United against Arsenal - if you could go back for one game, then that would be the game.

"They were brilliant, brilliant rivalry, the rivalry between the fans, the players, the managers.

"Both teams were usually fighting it out for the title - it was fantastic. You would give anything to play in one of those games again.

"But stuff like that has gone - those rivalries have gone. They still want to beat each other, but there is not that real intensity that there was then."

Respect to him for those quotes. That kind of rivalry is definitely missing now. He also said that United and Arsenal would be the only teams he would pay to watch.

lagos

Established Member
qs said:
Let them park the bus. We seem to have learned how to deal with that. Keano might try kick us off the pitch though, if Cesc does start he'll certainly be sending his own central midfielder out to rough him up.

Might? I think that's a certainty. I remmember watching a game recently where keane was in the commentary team (can't remmember which one). All he kept saying was how the opposition weren't kicking us.

hoyden

lagosgooner said:
qs said:

Might? I think that's a certainty. I remmember watching a game recently where keane was in the commentary team (can't remmember which one). All he kept saying was how the opposition weren't kicking us.

I remember the match at OT last season, he was there. When they replayed our goal, all he said was he couldn't believe no one took Cesc down.

phenn

qs said:
Tony Montana said:

I miss those games. God that was intensity. I miss him as a player only for the intensity the battle between he and paddy brought to a match. Unreal.

lurkball

Whoa guys you're making me worried.

Of course, by looking at our form winning should not be a problem, but the thing is I don't want to see another challenge like what Noble did on Hleb, or something worse - some guy onto Diaby, the kick that sidelined him for so many months. It was against Sunderland at that time right? I sure don't want that to happen again.

Maybe they should practise more on free kicks as there might be more fouls. Well, being at home though, we do have the advantage.

Tony Montana

Established Member
qs said:
Tony Montana said:

I wish we could go back to those days in a way. Vieira v Keane. Somehow I can't see Fabregas and Scholes having a battle.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I dunno, Flamini can get pretty wound up at times. One or two hard tackles on/from Rooney could warm things up!

Feis-al

I can assure you, he (Roy Keane) has no idea how until someone beats us.
for starters, we would predict who is playing but now, it matters less because flamster can give his all and therefore they can't take him for granted. obviously they would know how to go by gilberto but why plan for him if he is not starting. My worry would be if gallas was playing because he and toure tend to have issues with Long balls. So Phil can take care of that but I hope we run them tired atleast the entire first half and pick on them at will the second.

All in All, i believe now we can be beaten on mainly football because we have proved roughing us up A la blackburn is not very helpful but try westham with flare and you may get something.

scruzgooner

when they get their scholes replacement, and he has a go at a little older cesc, then we might see sparks fly. scholes is too worried about keeping up with the youngster to be starting anything.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Checking in. Sunderland away would give me pause for concern, but not at the Emirates Fortress.

8-0

RVP x 6
Senderos x 1 (bullet header!)
Sagna x 1 (header!)

Double_H

Established Member
this is a very Important game we MUST WIN it. dont care if its 1-0 or 10-0
we must play our first team and no rest for anyone ..we have almost a two weeks rest for most players.

almunia
sagana Toure Phill Clichy
Eboue Cesc Flamini Hleb
Ade RVP

IBL

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Checking in. Sunderland away would give me pause for concern, but not at the Emirates Fortress.

8-0

RVP x 6
Senderos x 1 (bullet header!)
Sagna x 1 (header!)
:shock:

Mighty optimistic there MD, I mean Senderos...actually scoring?!? :p

If we dont impose ourselves early I can see the Mackems parking the proverbial bus and shutting up shop

Gunner's4ever

GUNNERS4L1FE said:
12 Thats an odd time for Kick Off. Anyway I cant see us having many problems in this match, a few goals and a clean sheet and I'll be happy. Hopefully we will see more of Eduardo in this match.
hey bro eduardo is still injured and is sure to skip this match.

this is gonna be a tough challenge, no doubt about that.especially with keane there you can be sure he will give his best.........a motivated team is always dangerous
at emirates i dont see us losing.we have won the last 9 and kept a clean sheet in last 5 in all competitions.
so i dont see us conseeding.the question is can we score cause if we do i think the match is almost certaiinly ours.but if ade plays the game he played against bucharest, he wont be scoring.he needs to step up his game.also rvp will have to get more involved cause against romania he didnt seem too dangerous.he got the goal but he never looked really dangerous.and we cant rely on our midfield to score every match although i really hope fab does.
Prediction:2-0
Adebayor,Hleb/Fab

phenn

Sunderland will probably park the bus and just say "beat us with a piece of magic". If we get it, they will crumble, if we don't I don't think they'll make too many mistakes for us to capitalize on. We will certainly have our chances.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Sunderland are definately gonna try and kick us about in our own stadium. They are gonna have to answer to big bad Flamini though (its been a while before I can say that about an Arsenal player)
Sunderland player to watch : Kenwyne Jones if he plays. I can see him outmuscling Senderos and just generally giving us problems..

Ginger_Reyes

We need to be careful at the same time though. History is full of ironic twists and turns. We don't want Fergie's old minion coming in and mugging us of three points.

the dawn raids

Established Member
restig Cesc is the way to go for this one; most definitely. the last week or so hes looked out of sorts; of course it doesnt help that his form before that was flawless. but still, we need him regaining at least a little of that form, or that monster of a week at the end of this month will look that much nastier.

we can being in Denilson/Diaby and not lose that much in terms of our game lately due to cescs level being at such a low standard for him.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom