• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

God's Son said:
Game only on Setanta. I have to pay Irish people to watch English premiership. Jokes.

As opposed to an Australian?

Dems the breaks...

stuart

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Checking in. Sunderland away would give me pause for concern, but not at the Emirates Fortress.

8-0

RVP x 6
Senderos x 1 (bullet header!)
Sagna x 1 (header!)

Dont be so bloody silly

Senderos is obviously not gonna rise above their defence. He's gonna skin Richardson on the wing, cut in to the edge of the box, dance through the defence, round the outcoming Gordon with a tidy twirl and gracefully slide the ball into the empty net, despite Songs desperate attempts to get the last touch and claim himself a goal Senderos runs off, with a double back flip in celebration of his first Arsenal hat trick

And thats how its done ;) Any odds on that!

Wenger14

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna Toure Senderos Clichy
Hleb Flamini Fabregas Diaby
Robin Ade

Fabianski, Gilberto, Diarra, Denilson, Bendtner

This won't be easy, we'll have to be a 100%. It certainly won't be Derby all over again. I'll be happy with a 1-0 win.

True Gooner

Established Member
-----------------------------------Almunia---------------------------

--Sagna------------Toure------------Senderos------------Clichy

--Hleb-------------Fabregas---------------Flamini------------Diaby

----------------------v.Persie--------------Adebayor----------------

This is the line-up I expect Wenger to kick ass..er..I mean kick off with
The goalkeeper and backline picks itself out - Gallas has returned to training but him, along with Lehmann, Rosicky and Song are behind on match fitness (of course this means their fit to play for their countries
In midfield Cesc and Flamini are undroppable at the moment - Flamini should do well vs Sunderland because the game style will be in his favour, his energy and tenacity will be useful - As for Cesc - do I really have to even bother?
On the right Hleb plays even though he was doubtful to even walk again, thanks to that complete ****** Nobel Anyway hes on song (no, not literally) aswell and has been playing with added vigour and directness this season, as usual few have noticed
Diaby has played better than both Eboue and Walcott off late and should start, the game will be physical and Diaby wont mind a few tackles going in, hopefully he makes Paddy proud by decking Keane at the end of the match...I can only dream!!!
The front two are in pretty good form off late - both Ade and van Persie have been scoring often (and at times freely) this season although it would be nice if their partnership could finally kick off...we saw signs of their potential in Ades cut back to RVP during midweek

As for Sunderland -
Sunderland are sitting pretty at 15th coming into this game winning 2, drawing 2 and losing 4..
Roy Keane is a pretty good manager and he will try to kick as off the pitch and play defensively and hope that they can nick a winner (I wish they try something original for a change). He has a decent squad and note that he has a talented goalkeeper and has yet to have a great game (minus his first of the season vs Sp**s) and I fully expect him to play a blinder..their defence, with Mcshane and Whitehead is pretty decent and it wont be half as ****e as Derbys..their midfeild is tight but they lack the top top quality of the other Prem clubs to boss a game. Cesc and co. should be able to eat them for breakfast and still have space for Huddlestone Anyway Roy Keane will try hard to win this but he wont be naive enough to out play us - he will have a plan and so will Wenger, if everything goes our way and we play with the style and substance we've been showing over the past few weeks then I believe that we will win this game. These are 3 important points as well..

Our next game will be Bolton at the Emirates but that wont be until the 20th of this month thanks to the wonders of International Football

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Sagna Touré Senderos Clichy
Robin Ade

This won't be easy, we'll have to be a 100%. It certainly won't be Derby all over again. I'll be happy with a 1-0 win.
Me and you. :D

famous no 10

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Robin Ade

You and I. :wink:

tam1886

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
1970*Gooner said:
Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Robin Ade

You and I. :wink:
Him and who?

Alfonso

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Hopefully the club will see it fit to mark the passing of an Arsenal LEGEND in the bear. This fella was Arsenal, an absolute top, top fella. Those who have been going for years will surely know/recognise him.

http://www.wearetheherd.com/forum/index ... topic=5430

R.I.P The Bear. A great loss to the Arsenal community. I have heard about him a few times before. He was an icon amongst Arsenal fans. He was the Herd!

From one of the posters on that forum link you posted:

"As a mark of respect this Sunday those who wish to show their love for this true football legend should wear black... Im not suggesting suits and ties. Even just the gesture of a black t-shirt will do.

Unfortunately I do not think that our "anally retentive" club will allow us to mark the passing of our friend with anything symbolic.. I may be wrong but all too often they haver shown themselves completely out of touch with "the fans" . No doubt they will do it again... Chelsea to there "fair dues" have a bar named after a man called Micky Greenaway.. Some would have called Micky the leader of the shed others tainted him with allegations of rasicm but the point is the club respected that to the fans he was "an idol" someone that invented famous chants (zigger zagger etc) and was a figurehead on their terraces from the 60s to the 80s. other clubs throughout Europe have also marked the passing of fans with tributes etc..

Carlo Piccornie an Ajax leader was killed in fighting with Feyenoord fans but still the club allowed fans to appropriately mark his passing. Because despite the clubs views on an individual they (Chelsea Ajax etc) knew and cared enough for their fans to allow them to celebrate someone that to them is/was "a hero"..

Despite the fact that "D" died innocently in a car crash a long time after his more notorious years and "Gooner" heydey in the 80s/early 90s this will not be enough for our "poncy" board to allow us to CELEBRATE appropriatly one of footballs true LEGENDS and the ultimate Arsenal follower... So wear black on Sunday.. No amount of section60 bullshit or club "censorship" (you try hanging a banner Sunday they'll ask you to remove it) can deny you that statement... Show your love.. THE BEAR.. ARSENAL LEGEND.. R.I.P... We'll never forget.."

Alfonso

Established Member
"Watching the film "Fever Pitch" when the kid (Hornby) comes back from Yeovil away in the cup. He tells his mum that he stood next to Denton and that Denton looked after him". Sums up the man because he looked after his own even if he didn't know you. RIP"

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
well mostly its due to fact that he misses the real fighting spirit of game and he misses Viera nothing big than that he loved the game and all and he rspects Wenger i dont know why this people try o soften us up against Keane who was a tremendous player for Manure but we had Viera to match him every piece of him i still hateand rate Keane but just before the match this is unnecessary stuff

tam1886

Established Member
Excuse my ignorance, but anyone care to fill be in on The Bear please? I havent heard of him before today.

Nutsy

Established Member
Hmmm. With everyone gunning for a 1-0 win, it'll be our third 1-0 win in a row. BUT, I rather have any win than a draw or a loss to be honest. Especially against a side we all know difficult.

Mancs won 4-0 and smug bastards are already rubbing it in....

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom