• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

tam1886

Established Member
Christofaux said:
wrong... for a player to be offside there needs to be daylight between every part of them. Even then its supposed to be a benefit of the doubt to the offence. The only doubt would be of flamini ( i think it was) obstructing in the goal.

Agree with the fact that Sudnerland rallyed and played brilliantly. Credit where credit is due.
Wrong. The new offside rule is that a player is offside if any part of his body with which he can score is behind the last line of defence.

That was the rule with Ljungberg against us. His head or shoulder or something was behind the line so therefore he was offside. Anything liek that, head, shoulder, leg behind the defence is offside.

Christofaux

Tony Montana said:
Tony Montana said:
Christofaux said:
wrong... for a player to be offside there needs to be daylight between every part of them. Even then its supposed to be a benefit of the doubt to the offence.

Two urban myths that are not stated in the FA rules.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegu ... /12115.htm

thakns was trying to find it...

Maybe they need to clarify it because these two urban myths are widely believed by most commentators and i would believe most players as well.

Mark

Established Member
lurkball said:
Flamini looks a bit tired, so does Cesc.

Thankfully these are two key players who are likely to get a rest over the international break. In a way I think the break comes at a good time for once. Hopefully when it's over we'll have renewed vigour, and players like Lehmann, Gallas, Rosicky and Eduardo back.

gunner321

Thank god or that. Massive credit to Sunderland for that, any other new side 2-0 down after 15minutes would have fallen apart IMO, that was the Roy Keane effect ;).

We started very well, almost too well, let them back in it after 2 goals, and we kind of lost our way in the second half until the last 15.

I reckon that game might well have been needed though, a wake up call to any players who might have been forgetting that they have won nothing yet. Could benefit us in our performaces going into the big games coming up, the lads will certainly have no complacency after this game.

lagos

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
I disagree. Clichy had a poor game, yes, as did Sagna I think. But the goal, although not offside should not have been given anyway. In the run up to the goal Adebayor was caught offside but the linesman got it wrong. Setanta picked up on it so it should NOT have been 3-0.

True but 2 wrongs don't make a right. having allowed play to go on. he had no reason to disallow the goal

Tony Montana said:
I feel Sunderland have not been given enough credit on here. .
Agree

gunnerGH

Established Member
Christofaux said:
kaids said:
gunnerGH said:
f****g HELL WALCOTT you c**t
Wow, you're an embarrassment.

Im only guessing he is a closet sunderland supporter and this was supposed to be his big comming out upset victory?

Haha its called emotion mate. From a "real fan"! :p

Take it you would have settled for 2-2 :roll: :p

Nutsy

Established Member
No way, Sunderland were strong, they tried their best to get us. But surely our last minute goal trait see them through. Before the game, pundits are having a go, that Sunderland does not have the quality. but they sure know how to fight. Definitely, they'll cause a few surprises.

The sent off was harsh to be honest. But we all see decisions come in fairly, so what is the point of fighting it. Thankfully we saw it through. But Sunderland really caused us some real challenge.

This is one of the games we must win and ahead of the Bolton game, another must win come in hand. These are the games that could play an important role for our title competition.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Anyone hear Pleat on 5live? Blatently anti-arsenal. No suprises there. He was winding me up like hell :lol:

Tony Montana

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Tony Montana said:
I disagree. Clichy had a poor game, yes, as did Sagna I think. But the goal, although not offside should not have been given anyway. In the run up to the goal Adebayor was caught offside but the linesman got it wrong. Setanta picked up on it so it should NOT have been 3-0.

True but 2 wrongs don't make a right. having allowed play to go on. he had no reason to disallow the goal

But play should not have continued in the first place. That's my point. That fact that there was no goal is fair play seeing as the two incidents were just seconds apart. Anyway, had that been Sunderland people would have gone mad.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We were incredibly lax and sloppy after going two up so quickly. I still cannot believe Sunderland clawed back a two goal deficit at the Emirates. Having said that certain things conspired against us today. Diaby's goal clearly should have stood, and we also ended up smacking the post twice. Senderos also missed a sitter of a header. Adebayor also fluffed a very good opportunity late in the second half. For me the scoreline slightly flatters Sunderland.

Both of the goals which we conceded were very poor. Clichy pretty much had a stinker.

Still a win is a win.

tam1886

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Christofaux said:
kaids said:
gunnerGH said:

Im only guessing he is a closet sunderland supporter and this was supposed to be his big comming out upset victory?

So, so-called "real fans" react and support the team by calling one of the most inexperienced and mentally fragile players in the team a '****' because he missed?

If thats the case, i'm not as "real" a fan as I thought!

gunnerGH

Established Member
tam1886 said:
gunnerGH said:
Christofaux said:
kaids said:
gunnerGH said:

So so called "real fans" react and support the team by calling one of the most inexperienced and mentally fragile players in the team a 'c**t' because he missed?

If thats the case, i'm not as "real" a fan as I thought!

Well I do anyway, letting out a bit of anger on the players never hurts. Other people get wound up by it though - which makes me laugh :lol:

cheer up :wink:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

psycho said:
Sunderland are definately gonna try and kick us about in our own stadium. They are gonna have to answer to big bad Flamini though (its been a while before I can say that about an Arsenal player)
Sunderland player to watch : Kenwyne Jones if he plays. I can see him outmuscling Senderos and just generally giving us problems..
8))

JazzG

Established Member
I think some people should also remember we had a bit of a gruelling away game in the CL and that can take it's toll. In that game we were on the attack from start to finish and our game came very late on so physically that would of come into play in this game. That said to be ripping a team for 20mins and then looking very average after their goal was not on.

Tony Montana

Established Member
JazzG said:
I think some people should also remember we had a bit of a gruelling away game in the CL and that can take it's toll. In that game we were on the attack from start to finish and our game came very late on so physically that would of come into play in this game. That said to be ripping a team for 20mins and then looking very average after their goal was not on.

Err mate, they scored a goal almost out of the blue. Clichy had a poor game. After that the game evened out. Credit to Sunderland FFS.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Nah but seriously though, bragging aside this game showed a lot about us. If anything, this game kind of exposed us a bit defensively- hopefully it is just down to lack of respect or concentration.
If I was Keane, I would be rubbing my hands with glee after witnissing giving Arsenal so much problems at home- actually dreading going to the Stadium of light.
Anyways, proud of Walcott today felt sorry for him when he didn't get his goal, he deserved it. His solo effort towards the end was marvelous. Alumnia confirmed my lack of confidence, a nice back up keeper but thats where it stays for me.
Definately a game we would have lost last season. We have slightly improved but still seeing flashbacks of last season.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom