• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Sunderland FC | Sun,Oct7th,12pm | Emirates Std

Mostarac

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
What wins titles is the points on the board. It's like saying losing and drawing to the likes of Portsmouth or Birmingham (or whoever it was) like Manure have doesn't win you titles yet they are 2 points behind us. We will continue to let in goals people. What matters is scoring more than the opposition.

Thats why I wrote the 3 points count the most as always. Our performance was not good at all today and one must mention that.

Mostarac

Established Member
banduan said:
Actually Mostarac, Sunderland aren't mediocre at best. They are actually pretty good at best.

I am not quite convinced by them as a team yet, Sheffield United were also very good at best at the start of the season but in the season as a whole they were not good enough and got relegated. The same could very well happen with Sunderland.

banduan

Established Member
Mostarac said:
banduan said:
Actually Mostarac, Sunderland aren't mediocre at best. They are actually pretty good at best.

I am not quite convinced by them as a team yet, Sheffield United were also very good at best at the start of the season but in the season as a whole they were not good enough and got relegated. The same could very well happen with Sunderland.

OK, I don't get that statement at all. How can a team be very good at best, have a poor run and then not be considered very good at best? If you were very good at your best but otherwise poor, you're still very good 'at best'.

Sorry for making it a semantics issue but basically it made my earlier reply pointless.

Alfonso

Established Member
It wasnt good being 2-0 up and letting Sunderland get back in it. However, it was a new experience, and it was a new lesson learnt. You learn more from games like this than the routine wins. And more importantly getting a third after what happened shows good mentality.

hahah. Torres scores. Perfect result.

Alfonso

Established Member
banduan said:

How are Sunderland pretty good at best? If they are pretty good then are Man City a world class side? Sunderland are a average side at best.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There were hesitations in some curcial moments in defence. The defenders were a bit laxed but this will alert them. Today, Arsenal won as a team again and I looooove it!

Mostarac

Established Member
banduan said:
OK, I don't get that statement at all. How can a team be very good at best, have a poor run and then not be considered very good at best? If you were very good at your best but otherwise poor, you're still very good 'at best'.
Sorry for making it a semantics issue but basically it made my earlier reply pointless.

I think you have misunderstood what I said there and I made a messy post too to be honest. First of all, I do not believe that Sunderland are very good at best, playing well against us today does not make them very good at best. You say they are very good at best, in what matches have they shown that? If you are very good at best you also win a substantial number of points, Sunderland have not done that so far have they despite playing many of the teams outside the top 4?

Sublime

Liverpool just dropped more points - the gap is opening up!

Kenwyn Jones was terrific and forced our defence to make errors. It's true that both goals could have been defended better, particularly the first, but Jones played a part in both and has the physical attributes to be a menace against any team.

KY

Established Member
liverpool fall further behind, tottenham still in the relegation zone for another week...aahh life is good for us gooners now. :D

JazzG

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
What did Flamini do ?

Went in for the tackle, the guy got their first and stamped on the guy's thigh. Not really a hard stamp and he did kind of pull out but could of got a red card for that.

KY

Established Member
JazzG said:
AFCG7 said:
What did Flamini do ?

Went in for the tackle, the guy got their first and stamped on the guy's thigh. Not really a hard stamp and he did kind of pull out but could of got a red card for that.

now i'm just confused, which 'guy' is who? which one is flamini? the one stamping or being stamped?

Alfonso

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
super interesting to see the comments from sunderland boards.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... 939&page=5

look at how worried they are, then turn to happiness...

a quick look at their main board shows childishness on their parts on some topics about us

:shock: 55 pages on their match thread? Where the **** did they get so many fans? Im actually shocked. I never knew ppl in Sunderland could read in the first place. joke.

AFCG7

Established Member
Sunderland are well supported though to be fair..they have a solid base of fans - bet they have more than Chelsea!
If the Flamini tackle is really bad could he be referred to the video panel ? Or did the ref see it and let it go.?

Tony Montana

Established Member
Alfonso said:
arsenal_hleb said:
super interesting to see the comments from sunderland boards.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... 939&page=5

look at how worried they are, then turn to happiness...

a quick look at their main board shows childishness on their parts on some topics about us

:shock: 55 pages on their match thread? Where the f**k did they get so many fans? Im actually shocked. I never knew people in Sunderland could read in the first place. joke.

But the pages are so small.

KingReyes

Established Member
It was disappointing to drop a two goal lead like that after playing so well. But it will be another valuable experience for the young players. Never keep your foot off the pedal at any given time or you will pay the price.

Nevertheless we reacted well after 2-2 which is a very positive sign. Chances galore and thankfully it came from RVP thanks to some nice build up play from Eboue and Theo. Credit to Wenger for those subs.

Their main threat was K Jones, i said at half time keep him quiet and we win this. However he was dominant everywhere, Senderos struggled in the air against him. I think many defenders will this season. Not surprised that Clichy struggled against him, Gael is a foot shorter and half his weight, it was obvious he would struggle.

Thought RVP was by far our best player, apart from the two goals he looked dangerous throughout. Cesc was average IMO, can't remember the last time I've seen misplace so many passes.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom