• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal on FFP Watchlist

D

Deleted member 102404

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, sorry. I thought we were done with the Wenger stuff 4 years ago.

TBH Wengers success overall means he will always be a discussion point for our club. Fans will still be talking about him in 100 years. Rightly so imo, despite how it degraded in later years.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We had so much cash as part of the conditions of our loan for the stadium. That loan no longer has those terms

I posted this before but its relevant to your post

Since there is effectively no stadium debt as Arsenal FC owes the money to KSE now, the terms of the loan are based on KSE's requirements and not the previous terms, freeing up funds.

That meant we could become a lot more 'liquid' and aggressive in the transfer market.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I was not meaning to bore you or ask a trick question, I was geniunely intrigued at to why you hopped off the Wenger train so to speak, as i'd imagine for most it was the 2015/16 season in which we came a great 2nd but failed to win the league which was the turning point. But you state you didn't expect leagues.

A great second place? We got 71 points, 2 points more than last season when we had elite players like Alexis and Özil. If Wenger got in a decent midfielder and competition for Giroud then maybe we would of won the title when the other big teams were sleeping. Instead we only signed Cech.

That 71 points was a regression, we got 78 points in 13/14 and 75 points in 14/15. Our player recruitment got worse and worse under Wenger and Gazidis and tactics were passing Wenger by.

I was Wenger in until the end but I've accepted after the fact we needed to move on and modernise. Hopefully that's finally happening now under Arteta who appears to be bringing up a level tactically.

Slug457

A great second place? We got 71 points, 2 points more than last season when we had elite players like Alexis and Özil. If Wenger got in a decent midfielder and competition for Giroud then maybe we would of won the title when the other big teams were sleeping. Instead we only signed Cech.

That 71 points was a regression, we got 78 points in 13/14 and 75 points in 14/15.
Not going to derail the thread with Wenger stuff beyond this post, all I know is we finished 2nd in the league after losing our best midfield player early on and i'm a guy who judges teams solely on were they finish not on the performance of others or the what if's and could haves if we signed this player, same logic is used to denigrate Arteta for finishing 5th last season by claiming we only finished here because this team under performed or if we had a Saliba in then etc, fine, but ultimately he finished 5th and should be judged on that accordingly.

I personally don't view 4th then 3rd then 2nd as regression, just like I won't view it as regression if we finish 4th this season with less points than last, and yes I view 2nd in this league whilst spending far less than our direct rivals as great, heck i'll defend Tets to the hilt if he ever gets a 2nd with the most spend in Europe and anyone tries to denigrate it.

Hopefully that's finally happening now under Arteta who appears to be bringing up a level tactically.
That's what we all hope for, keep in mind the only reason us Tets critics have been critical is because so far the performances and finishes have been poor. Easy to criticize a 2nd place finish but we've suffered the horrors of back to back 8th under this manager. Last season was a step forward but still not we're we should be in terms of performances or even league position. So far this season not only have the results been great but the tactical level also, the patterns of play have improved dramatically.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are you losers banging on about the war chest and Arteta? We're top of the league FFS, who cares if we're finally spending money and bringing in good players?
Just a shame the owners didn’t do this when we had a really top class manager. We were frequently top of the league for periods like this spending f a.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That 71 points was a regression, we got 78 points in 13/14 and 75 points in 14/15. Our player recruitment got worse and worse under Wenger and Gazidis and tactics were passing Wenger by.

I was Wenger in until the end but I've accepted after the fact we needed to move on and modernise. Hopefully that's finally happening now under Arteta who appears to be bringing up a level tactically.
Elite players? Ha ha. Now we’ve got a whole 1st team full of players averaging £40m, bar Saka and Martinelli. Those days we could only afford 2 or 3. Yet the manager still got 2nd, winning cups for fun and getting into the play off stages of the CL. All that even with incredibly bad luck losing his best player early on, with a career ending injury. We had the worst injury record in the league but nothing phased that manager, he was unbelievably good.

Stop rewriting history DT and get back to your prison cell.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Elite players? Ha ha. Now we’ve got a whole 1st team full of players averaging £40m, bar Saka and Martinelli. Those days we could only afford 2 or 3. Yet the manager still got 2nd, winning cups for fun and getting into the play off stages of the CL. All that even with incredibly bad luck losing his best player early on, with a career ending injury. We had the worst injury record in the league but nothing phased that manager, he was unbelievably good.

Stop rewriting history DT and get back to your prison cell.

There's something called football inflation. Regardless Özil, Alexis and Santi were world class and we have no world class players anymore.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There's something called football inflation. Regardless Özil, Alexis and Santi were world class and we have no world class players anymore.
Jesus, Zinchenko, Saliba, Saka, Ødegaard, Partey are all elite players and the rest are very good. We don’t have to have our best players poached by the oil clubs anymore. We’re buying from them.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just a shame the owners didn’t do this when we had a really top class manager. We were frequently top of the league for periods like this spending f a.
I know this is part of your usual agenda schtick but yes, absolutely right. It's a good thing that we are finally spending now, but compared to some points in the past with Wenger, there is a massive missed opportunity as well.

Anyway, no point looking back now, let's look forward.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

As long as Barca aren't excluded from the CL, all other bullcrap about FFP is void.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think it's pretty obvious that resigning Elneny suggests we don't have all the money available we would as fans want. And that's likely related to FFP rather than Kroenke's.
So you don't sign Vieira for 35M to don't play him and use the money on a key position and instead you use your current player ESR on the role.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom