• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal on FFP Watchlist

Arsenal4life14

If its true that we've spent nearly all our apparent 230m cash reserves, has Kroenke actually put that much money into the club? I see a lot of talk about him injecting money into the club well it can't be that much if we've had to spend all our cash reserves.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You reckon KSE spending is here to stay? I'm not sure if it's because the club needs it or if they are trying to be competitive again.

Back in the day Stan said he didn't buy Arsenal to win trophies, but admittedly it does look like things have changed. Also, I appreciate that Josh isn't Stan so perhaps there's change in mindset?
Clearly things have changed drastically. My guess is that Josh owns this project and has told dad that Arteta will come good. And so he’s making it happen.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think they'll continue to spend within the profit margins of the club which is what they do at every other club. How much have they actually injected into this project with their own spending? I haven't seen any figures that they are actually spending their own money for Arsenal. I think they give Edu approval to spend within these limits and we will. I'm sure they (Josh and the lawyer) are in his ear about getting profit in return for sales.

The Kroenkes are super patient and don't seemingly commit until they find a front office (Edu's role here) and a coach (Arteta here) who they believe can grow the team into a top side. The Rams spent years with a middling coach for some reason until they found the hotshot young guy and started having success. Rams fans hated the Kroenkes then too. It helps that hotshot had an executive who could spot young talent (drafting players from our college system) to build up the foundation. Ever since that happened, they've been top spenders with NFL allocated money to the team.

Kroenkes spend their money outside of the teams in the US. They spend big on stadiums, facilities, etc. They do spend on coaches and executives when they earn raises. It's hard to quantify or equate that model to the European football model because there is more freedom in PL to spend your own money if you want.
Wow. Interesting to read your posts when it’s something you actually know something about. :lol:

D

Deleted member 102404

Clearly things have changed drastically. My guess is that Josh owns this project and has told dad that
Arteta will come good. And so he’s making it happen.
I agree , seems like Josh is the man in charge. Probably the only person Arteta is scared of by the look of it too.
Kind of like Josh too - seems to have his head in the right place and despite lacking some English football knowledge, he’s trying to learn.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I warmed a bit to Josh when he fronted it immediately after the EL final debacle. Seemed real.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Let's see how our finances pan out long term. I'd imagine that a significant portion of our cash reserves dwindling is down to the financial stress of Covid.

My position generally over the years has been to be sceptical of the Kroenkes. I've seen nothing to really change that opinion tbh.

We haven't been spending ridiculous money and to my knowledge none of it has been Kroenke money. The main issue has been not recouping transfer fees for outgoing players for the most part.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

@Nacho Is my abacus broke or has Arteta spent nearer half of ‘half a bilion’? Apologies if I’m using an inaccurate source!

You round up when it's half of anything, so I'd say your abacus is broken.

Is this your way of asking if the suck my d*ck comment was meant literally or just that specific spend line? You've known me for years you should have just asked.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Wow. Interesting to read your posts when it’s something you actually know something about. :lol:
I don't think about you at all..
200.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You round up when it's half of anything, so I'd say your abacus is broken.

Is this your way of asking if the suck my d*ck comment was meant literally or just that specific spend line? You've known me for years you should have just asked.
Genuinely not interested in the lewd suggestive stuff, it was just the ‘half a billion’ sum that grabbed my attention. Sounded like we may have got short changed somewhere, so I was just checking. Good to know! 🤓

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Remember when we went a season without buying a single outfield player?

Mmm mmm mmmmmm. Spend the clubs money, Daddy Arteta.
Yeah we came 2nd in the league. Wonder if we’ll beat that position outspending every single club in Europe bar 1 in the last 3 years?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

"So what, my friend. Arsenal spends money, you think we're the only club ****ing spending money, my friend? Stop feeling sorry for Wenger and ****ing wake up. "
Anyway lets hope we finish higher than 2nd my friend, the year we didn’t buy a single outfield player, my friend.

D

Deleted member 102404

Anyway lets hope we finish higher than 2nd my friend, the year we didn’t buy a single outfield player, my friend.
I don’t think there is much correlation with who you buy in one season with where you finish in the same season. Maybe there is , but would seem to me to be more important to assess the starting point. If Guardiola bought no one and sold no one this year , they still be challenging for the title.

Conversely if you buy loads of players, it’s likely they’ll need to gel as a team in the first year and may not be immediate challengers.
Think Sp**s spent around £400m since coming second and have gone backwards.
Wenger himself spent £230m in 2 seasons at the end of his reign and went backwards.

Spend always has to be viewed in context of where the existing team is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t think there is much correlation with who you buy in one season with where you finish in the same season. Maybe there is , but would seem to me to be more important to assess the starting point. If Guardiola bought no one and sold no one this year , they still be challenging for the title.

Conversely if you buy loads of players, it’s likely they’ll need to gel as a team in the first year and may not be immediate challengers.
Think Sp**s spent around £400m since coming second and have gone backwards.
Wenger himself spent £230m in 2 seasons at the end of his reign and went backwards.

Spend always has to be viewed in context of where the existing team is.
He knows all this, he's just a scratched (really ****) record! The hate for every manager the club appoints will rage forever, while normal fans treat fandom like it's meant to be treated 😎

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Problem is, we need to spend. The league is becoming too competative imo, we need cl 100% get the cash in and we will be ok. The wage bill is in a good place currently.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He knows all this, he's just a scratched (really ****) record! The hate for every manager the club appoints will rage forever, while normal fans treat fandom like it's meant to be treated 😎
Over performing manager =good, under performing manager = bad. That’s my philosophy of fandom. Yours is somewhat convoluted and difficult for a simple bloke like me to understand.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom