• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal on FFP Watchlist

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Over performing manager =good, under performing manager = bad. That’s my philosophy of fandom. Yours is somewhat convoluted and difficult for a simple bloke like me to understand.
Convoluted? That's you. Nobody here knows why you bother. It's like the club is a soap opera to you and you tune in every week because you heard your most hated character is going to be killed off in an inferno.

My friend, it's even simpler than that:

Winning games = Good for being fan of club.

All the rest = Steaming pile of dung.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Convoluted? That's you. Nobody here knows why you bother. It's like the club is a soap opera to you and you tune in every week because you heard your most hated character is going to be killed off in an inferno.

My friend, it's even simpler than that:

Winning games = Good for being fan of club.

All the rest = Steaming pile of dung.
Lol. That post right there is your steaming pile of dung. :lol: 2014 we won 24 games and you were already working yourself up into a frenzy of manager out. The last 3 seasons we won 14, 18, 22 and you’re jizzing in your pants. Try again bozo.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lol. That post right there is your steaming pile of dung. :lol: 2014 we won 24 games and you were already working yourself up into a frenzy of manager out. The last 3 seasons we won 14, 18, 22 and you’re jizzing in your pants. Try again bozo.
Everton and Sp**s only won 21 in 2014, gtfo of here lad :lol:

D

Deleted member 102404

Think we all know why that was.
I think other teams got better and we bought the wrong players. Don’t think it’s any more complicated than that. Once we started losing ground the players we had weren’t good enough to make it back.
Remember that squad Wenger had failed him, many of them then went on to fail Emery, and then fail Arteta. Therein lies the reason for the overhaul and the 350m spend in 3 years. We would not have spent that if our squad was in great shape- just like City don’t need to spend another billion.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Makingtrax When we won our last FA cup, you were still Arteta out regardless of him being here a matter of months and winning a cup.... When Wenger broke his duck after 10 years without a trophy, of which around 4 of those years I was Wenger out, I was more than happy to change my stance and let him carry on.

There's clearly levels to this hating game bro. I can learn a lot from you :lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tell Fifa to su£k their m#ms. Fifa have no backbone to stand on. If they wanna punish us, I suggest the Kroenkes get their lawyers involved and scare Fifa into being docile sycophants. They will bottle it the same way they did when Sheikh Mansour did the above.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax When we won our last FA cup, you were still Arteta out regardless of him being here a matter of months and winning a cup.... When Wenger broke his duck after 10 years without a trophy, of which around 4 of those years I was Wenger out, I was more than happy to change my stance and let him carry on.

There's clearly levels to this hating game bro. I can learn a lot from you :lol:
Lol. I told you your fandom was convoluted. Guy has to sell players to buy players without a penny from the club and you expected a league title. Tets gets a fortune and you're hoping for top4. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think other teams got better and we bought the wrong players. Don’t think it’s any more complicated than that. Once we started losing ground the players we had weren’t good enough to make it back.
Remember that squad Wenger had failed him, many of them then went on to fail Emery, and then fail Arteta. Therein lies the reason for the overhaul and the 350m spend in 3 years. We would not have spent that if our squad was in great shape- just like City don’t need to spend another billion.
You keep rewriting history bro. No manager on earth could get top 4 with all that toxicity in and around the stadium. You know it and I know it. Tets needs 4 attempts and he's had all the fans falling over themselves to support him, even though he came 8th twice. Something Arsène would have been stoned for.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lol. I told you your fandom was convoluted. Guy has to sell players to buy players without a penny from the club and you expected a league title. Tets gets a fortune and you're hoping for top4. :lol:
I didn't expect league titles at all. You're @makingstuffupagain. As I said, Wenger won a cup and I was back on board.

Ill say it again: Ten years with nothing to show apart from beating Everton and Sp**s to 4th, and I was back on board after an FA Cup triumph.

Slug457

Ill say it again: Ten years with nothing to show apart from beating Everton and Sp**s to 4th, and I was back on board after an FA Cup triumph.
So what made you hop off after we then went on to win multiple more cups whilst improving our league position year in year out? Weird that you denigrate 10 years of Arsène mantaining us as a elite side on one of the lowest budgets in the division yet you'll no doubt be hopping and cheering if Arteta gets us 4th just once on the most spend in Europe :lol:

There's a double standard bro, everyone knows the WOB campaign was because we we're not winning leagues, now the fans sing about top 4 all season long, it's cool to accept it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So what made you hop off after we then went on to win multiple more cups whilst improving our league position year in year out? Weird that you denigrate 10 years of Arsène mantaining us as a elite side on one of the lowest budgets in the division yet you'll no doubt be hopping and cheering if Arteta gets us 4th just once on the most spend in Europe :lol:

There's a double standard bro, everyone knows the WOB campaign was because we we're not winning leagues, now the fans sing about top 4 all season long, it's cool to accept it.
It's been gone over a million times my myself on here. I cant be arsed to go over it again. You can rewrite history, erase bits, twist it, reshape it how you wish. The fans didnt sack Wenger, the club did at the end of the day. Ask them if you can't remember. To say its a double standard is ludicrous to put it nicely. It's ancient history as far as Im concerned. Im happier and that's all that matters to me.

D

Deleted member 102404

You keep rewriting history bro. No manager on earth could get top 4 with all that toxicity in and around the stadium. You know it and I know it. Tets needs 4 attempts and he's had all the fans falling over themselves to support him, even though he came 8th twice. Something Arsène would have been stoned for.
Whilst I agree Wenger had a tougher ride for achieving more, you can’t tell me that the players he had didn’t fail him. If they were only underperforming because the fan base went toxic then why did they fail under Emery and fail again under Arteta? Maybe I am in the minority but the first place I look for failure is the players on the pitch.

Slug457

It's been gone over a million times my myself on here. I cant be arsed to go over it again. You can rewrite history, erase bits, twist it, reshape it how you wish. The fans didnt sack Wenger, the club did at the end of the day. Ask them if you can't remember. To say its a double standard is ludicrous to put it nicely. It's ancient history as far as Im concerned. Im happier and that's all that matters to me.
I was not meaning to bore you or ask a trick question, I was geniunely intrigued at to why you hopped off the Wenger train so to speak, as i'd imagine for most it was the 2015/16 season in which we came a great 2nd but failed to win the league which was the turning point. But you state you didn't expect leagues.

All in all it's the past for sure, if I had to speculate why you hopped off it's because many fans lost a sense of hope post 2016, in that it was the season in which we had a big opportunity with all our rivals struggling only for a freak to occur and a near relegation side the previous year went and only lost 3 all season. From that point on it looked like more perpetual top 4/cups without major investment and the fans had long since gotten bored of that. I've said that the fans have a optimism this year that has not existed for 10+ years, ultimately the new regime deserves credit for it. The clubs been rebuilt albeit after it smashed itself down, but rebuilt non the less. But at some point you have start delivering on that optimism and rebuild, the signs point to this year being the year we start delivering.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was not meaning to bore you or ask a trick question, I was geniunely intrigued at to why you hopped off the Wenger train so to speak, as i'd imagine for most it was the 2015/16 season in which we came a great 2nd but failed to win the league which was the turning point. But you state you didn't expect leagues.
I first lost faith because I no longer got enjoyment out of just finishing 4th with no trophy. I respected finishing 4th and argued against those who mocked the '4th is a trophy' claim by Wenger because it was still an important thing. But as a fan (Im not the clubs accountant) it got boring. Wenger did brilliantly in those baron years to assemble some brilliant sides using his nous and management skills but he also showed that he seemed to lack the ability to keep a squad motivated to see out a season and triumph. We were good enough on occasions. We went close a few times but collapsed.

It wasn't so much the not winning titles, as much as knowing that when we DID appear to have what it took to win a title, irrespective of the shoestring budget he assembled the side with, we kept ****ting the bed.

That all contributed to fans losing faith. It was same old same old. The predictable thrashings by our rivals, CL humiliations etc... We got further and further away and he wasn't getting any younger. Then we looked champion material again and lost out to Leicester in another collapse. That was it. The cups provided respite and I was back on and off board on yearly contracts if you like, because I wanted to believe he could win with that last good side he had, but they all downed tools and we went 5th and 6th. Ask the vast majority of people who actually attended those matches, and the'll give you same account and reasons. So lets not act like Im some lone wolf!

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Let's see how our finances pan out long term. I'd imagine that a significant portion of our cash reserves dwindling is down to the financial stress of Covid.

My position generally over the years has been to be sceptical of the Kroenkes. I've seen nothing to really change that opinion tbh.

We haven't been spending ridiculous money and to my knowledge none of it has been Kroenke money. The main issue has been not recouping transfer fees for outgoing players for the most part.
We had so much cash as part of the conditions of our loan for the stadium. That loan no longer has those terms

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom