• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Season 23/24 expectations

Arsenal Season 23/24 expectations, what do you expect this season?

• 1) Title

Votes: 41 37.6%
  • 2) Double

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 3) Cup win

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 4) Cup win+ Top 4/5 depending on coeffiecient

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • 5) Top 4/5

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • 6) Deep CL run and cup win+Top 4/5 depending on coeffiecient.

Votes: 34 31.2%

• Total voters

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Clearly will take more than a couple of signings to go toe to toe with City. They stopped playing with 2 games remaining so the gap was bigger than 5pts in reality. But no club in English history has won 4 in titles a row, complacency or lack of motivation may be their downfall. One of the other usual suspects is bound to have a good season.

Summary: Prem 2nd, CL Quarter Finals, FA Cup Win

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For me if you look at league position it could give a false narrative as to how close you actually are. For example if we finished second on 76 points, 13 behind City, that shows we really have so so much work still to do.

Next season if we finish 2nd, 1 point behind and it goes to the last day, then that’s showing more progress than if we finish second and 12 points behind. So I see your point, because at the end of the day progress from 2nd is finishing 1st. But I think again it needs more context when you’re talking about a manager staying or leaving.
I agree, points difference is more important than actual points.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Clearly will take more than a couple of signings to go toe to toe with City. But no club in English history has won 4 in titles a row, complacency or lack of motivation may be their downfall. One of the other usual suspects is bound to have a good season.

Summary: Prem 2nd, CL Quarter Finals, FA Cup Win
Don't think City will be quite as good this year. KDB has been a driving force and he's 32 now, being subbed more and more. Gundogan leaving too. Depends who they buy of course.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Don't think City will be quite as good this year. KDB has been a driving force and he's 32 now, being subbed more and more. Gundogan leaving too. Depends who they buy of course.
Right from the start of last season, I thought KDB didn't look quite right, carrying an injury or similar ..... aaaand they still won the Treble :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ve got the second best team in the country if you look at the starting eleven and squad now, I don’t see how and why we finish below the first two spots.

Europe is weak, weakest it’s EVER been, I said it all of last season. Outside City and Madrid we could compete with anyone, no reason why we can’t go at least into the last 8 of that competition.

I think it’s getting to that stage where we have to win something. Mick has been here 4 years - at top clubs you normally don’t survive that long if you haven’t won something major. Talk of process has to be put away now, it’s make or break now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tossing him out if he finishes 6th is no longer a realistic option.
Us finishing 6th is also not realistic. We are nailed on for CL places. Question is if we can better last year's points total which we need to do to have any chance to win the league. I personally think we will. We have improved every season under Arteta and I expect the same this year.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The last season has built us up to a title springboard. Expectations are now very high. If he comes 6th the disappointment can quickly turn to anger.

Who do you get to replace Arteta though?

You could sign another no.2 to improve and carry on the directors vision but last time we did that the no.2 ended up winning the FA Cup and here we are.

It would take something horrendous or a bigger club for Arteta to leave now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Deep CL run and a title challenge with us finishing top 2 is the bare bare minimum.
Also no embarrassing cup exits.

I don’t mind exiting the FA/league cup early but please no more losses to teams whose squad is like 10x cheaper than ours. There’s the start of a worrying trend here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you thought all the pundits who predict Arsenal to finish outside the Top Four this coming season was bad, The Independent On Sunday predicted Arsenal to finish 5th in 2004 :lol:

"If they all remain fit week-in week-out then they will not be beaten."
...Merson with a banger from summer 2003 too!

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
If you thought all the pundits who predict Arsenal to finish outside the Top Four this coming season was bad, The Independent On Sunday predicted Arsenal to finish 5th in 2004 :lol:

"If they all remain fit week-in week-out then they will not be beaten."
...Merson with a banger from summer 2003 too!
Loool who was the independent pundit? I hope he retired after that gem!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I WANT Arteta to win something major. He’s improved the club - I always said I want a young hungry team, the club pushing for transfers early is obviously him pressuring the club etc.

I might not be a fan of all the players, or how we play etc, but the ship is going in the right direction and that’s on him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Loool who was the independent pundit? I hope he retired after that gem!

The article was written by some called "Mr G. Deep", ended the piece by calling the 03/04 Arsenal team "the worst he has EVER (yes, ever was in all caps) seen"

Not sure what happened to him, just hope he's not talking about football anymore since he clearly has no clue about it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You could sign another no.2 to improve and carry on the directors vision but last time we did that the no.2 ended up winning the FA Cup and here we are.

I don’t think Josh would replace Arteta unless he finished below half way.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I don’t think Josh would replace Arteta unless he finished below half way.

Hand on heart I think Arteta gets away with one more mid table finish if it came down to it. It would take relegation battle for them to consider changing manager.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Plus it wouldn’t make any sense at this stage since they’ve fully backed him and he’s brought in players to fit his particular system rather than better options around.

Not saying they wouldn’t work under another manager but we’ve compromised a lot and overpaid in terms of recruitment to get exactly the vision he has in his mind. That’s why I’m keen to see how Havertz for example works out.

The next 12 months will be interesting for sure.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Plus it wouldn’t make any sense at this stage since they’ve fully backed him and he’s brought in players to fit his particular system rather than better options around.

Not saying they wouldn’t work under another manager but we’ve compromised a lot and overpaid in terms of recruitment to get exactly the vision he has in his mind. That’s why I’m keen to see how Havertz for example works out.

The next 12 months will be interesting for sure.

Exactly, you’ve explained it better than I could as I’d be throwing mad shade and turn this thread in a different direction.

Even with the gift of hindsight and completely ignoring his first half season as teething stuff, seeing what’s been accomplished to date I wouldn’t have built the club around Arteta.

I’m not exactly gagging to watch a team of Rice and Havertz either, even though I am confident they will do well.

Anyone saying trophy or else are kidding themselves though, 3rd or 4th with no cups is job done there isn’t expectations in that way.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
A title challenge like this year is a possability, but I would love to have deeper cup runs too this year. FQ for CL and FA cup at least.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Exactly, you’ve explained it better than I could as I’d be throwing mad shade and turn this thread in a different direction.

Even with the gift of hindsight and completely ignoring his first half season as teething stuff, seeing what’s been accomplished to date I wouldn’t have built the club around Arteta.

I’m not exactly gagging to watch a team of Rice and Havertz either, even though I am confident they will do well.

Anyone saying trophy or else are kidding themselves though, 3rd or 4th with no cups is job done there isn’t expectations in that way.
I thought this thread was about our expectations, not the boards? Who cares what they expect? Stuff em. I want trophies!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I thought this thread was about our expectations, not the boards? Who cares what they expect? Stuff em. I want trophies!

Imagine it's February, it's now impossible to win any trophy and the best we can do is finish 3rd or 4th and right on cue we're linked to a top player the following summer, are we really going to be like Arteta Out?

Some on here will be sure, but the majority of us no.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Imagine it's February, it's now impossible to win any trophy and the best we can do is finish 3rd or 4th and right on cue we're linked to a top player the following summer, are we really going to be like Arteta Out?

Some on here will be sure, but the majority of us no.
There’s a diff between being unhappy (which I would be) and Arteta out.

But that’s not the point I’m making. The point is that y’all hijacking yet another thread so you can tug yourselves with fantasies about what it would take for Arteta to get sacked.

He’s not going anywhere. Think of it as a no-nut-November for you Arteta out fetishists. A never ending November…

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom