• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I doubt for a second that if RVP was fit, he would be stopped from playing. Im not one for rumours and side with those dismissing this as just rvial fans trying to unnerve us. With drug using such a well followed insident in the tabloids, the front pages would surley have gotten this out if it was true (think Amy Winehouse/the guy from The libertines/ the supposed Man U trios early season romp)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I heard the drug thing ages ago, after we sold Quincy, from another Arsenal fan.

But I don't know where he heard it from.

tam1886

Established Member
Lancelot, why no Flamini? And we don't want the referees to favour us, we want them to be unbiased and award decisions for the right reasons, no matter the impact. Or I do anyway.

The drug rumours are a lot of bullshit in my opinion. I don't believe you could get away with it these days. The Scottish rugby player Scott MacLeod was reprimanded last week for taking a different type of asthma medication than the one he had special dispensation for, and skier Alain Baxter was stripped of his olympic gold medal because the Vicks inhaler he bought in the US contained methamphetamine that UK ones didn't.

I find it hard to believe that a top sportsman in any sport could hide a drug problem considering the other examples I've seen.

qs

Established Member
Gonna be a tough game, Villa will sit very deep and Reo-Coker is looking a great signing in the pure defensive mid role MON has given him. The problem with them sitting back is that they can nick a goal from set pieces, definitely the best set piece team in the league. We've got to stop Young from getting crosses in too. Carew could be a handful for Phil and Agbonglahor has enough pace to trouble even our defence. the good news is they harldy ever keep a clean sheet so theres goals to be had and whoever plays right midfield could have a handy game against Bouma.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RvP has a drug problem? If he has, he won't escape from drug test. I don't know how PL/FA sample players for drug test. I would only give this story a little more credit if claming a player injured can exclude him from authority's drug test.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
true gooner said:
Im going for it...so we got to win ;)
One of the winning keys is to seize set-pieces. The team didn't take as many chances as they should've in corners and freekicks in the last wo games.

Now with Eduardo injured, who's going to start corners on the right?

Lancelot

Established Member
tam1886 said:
Lancelot, why no Flamini? And we don't want the referees to favour us, we want them to be unbiased and award decisions for the right reasons, no matter the impact. Or I do anyway.
:eek:ops:

Don't have to say more, I guess. I did think to myself if I missed anyone in particular because there were both Denilson and Gilberto in the team there. Moment of madness and my bad, no doubt. :lol:

The Flamster instead of Denilson would be what I actually wanted to guess.

Thanks a bunch, Tam. :)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Dont want to prolong the situation but I heard the same thing on about RvP too but only browsing through redcafe, I know quincy was sold due to lots of various problems( I will not state)

Back to football, villa are very solid team with fast players that will expose any kind of space
Listening to gareth barry and they really want to cause an upset

This week is going quick and I love as all thats on our mind is saturday.
We got really lucky at villa park as reo coker was suspened so we had lots of space to play until the 2nd half where villa decided enough was enough

Not on saturday, I predict a tough battle but one we'll overcome
Its all happeneing down london this week as man u travel to fulham fighting for their lives and a disturbed chelsea going to the big game raisers, the hammer, who sadly always seem to get battered by the blue bores

We all want a win, and the prem even more
One game at a time

LETS HAVE IT ARSENAL!!!!!!

Arsenal_Soldier

Long time no post, but now that I've actually found some time thought I'd give my thoughts on the match.

Very VERY important game, moreso with United likely to destroy Fulham, the pressure is really on. A good win would really give us momentum for the Milan game and the rest of the season.

There shouldn't be any lack of motivation.

2-1, I reckon.

IBL

Established Member
I'm going to this match too (fingers crossed my contacts comes good!).

As this game wasnt important enough it has even more added weight because of our last minute slip up against Brum, Eduardo's injury and the fact that we have the return leg at the San Siro coming up. We cant rely on other results now, we just need to concentrate on our own game.

Pádraig

Just win the game: that's all I want. I don't care how it's done. However, I would like to see Adebayor, Cesc or Hleb on the scoresheet.

Herbert Chapman

A request from Asia, anyone who's going to the Villa game, please sing you hearts out for 90 minutes,

Show the players that we are a family and all those knocking us,
That nothing can come between us.

Please, just do it

We are the Arsenal

Ricky_AFC

Going to sing myself hoarse for this one and for Eduardo. Vital, vital game.

Not wanting to carry on with the drug rumour too much more but my nan's brother used to be a pretty important scout at Arsenal several years ago (found Cashley grrr) and is a friend of Pat Rice (goes round there for dinner now and again etc) and he is pretty close to the club for info. It was only last week I was speaking to him and we spoke of RvP's injury, I reckon if something was going on like that he'd have an inkling. But thats just my guess take it as you will.

stuart

Established Member
BIG big big game. I think we'll win this one. It's going to take balls of steel. this another massive challenge for the boys, i think we'll be up for this big time. Hopefully having seen Eduardo doing a little better they should be able to get back to playing football like they know how.

2-1 Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom